NO TOPIC the Third

1093 posts / 0 new
Last post

Noor wrote:
my uncle got it done, years ago and my cousin has also got it done. allhamdulillah wa shukrillah everything seems to be fine. [b]i'd never get it done though.[/b]

Why?.... if you don't mind me asking.

i prefer to leave things as they are. as my mum says, natural is always the best. plus, what if something goes wrong, nothing is guaranteed to work. i don't trust all this modern tech treatments.

Isn't getting laser eye surgery being 'ungrateful' to Allah (swt) for the sight that He gave you? Shouldn't you be pleased with the Qadr of Allah (swt)? Especially since He has also given humans the skills and tools to make sophisticated optical devices like glasses etc.

What is the point of laser eye surgery? Isn't it just (very expensive) vanity, cos you don't wanna wear glasses? The same could even be said about contact lenses, although I understand that some people wear them to do sport.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
Isn't getting laser eye surgery being 'ungrateful' to Allah (swt) for the sight that He gave you? Shouldn't you be pleased with the Qadr of Allah (swt)? Especially since He has also given humans the skills and tools to make sophisticated optical devices like glasses etc.

thats like saying you cant get braces cz you're being ungrateful for the teeth he gave you. we damage our teeth by eating sweets and what not, same with eyes, we watch too much tele, long hours on comp. regrading your second point, you said Allah swt has given humans the skills to make glasses, that can be said for laser eye treatment as well.

Quote:
What is the point of laser eye surgery? Isn't it just (very expensive) vanity, cos you don't wanna wear glasses?

personal choice.

Quote:
The same could even be said about contact lenses, although I understand that some people wear them to do sport.

glasses and hijaab = no. esp if you wear a band underneath, after a while it starts hurting behind your ears and niqaab and glasses don't go either. its so hard to take your glasses of and on with the niqaab.

and glasses don't suit everyone (like me).

Ya'qub wrote:

What is the point of laser eye surgery? Isn't it just (very expensive) vanity, cos you don't wanna wear glasses? The same could even be said about contact lenses, although I understand that some people wear them to do sport.

i thought that too, but then Allah (swt) did encourage mankind to seek knowledge and thus mankind came upon the miracles of laser eye surgery....

in some ways it is vanity, but in others, it's more practical to have perfect vision

can you imagine the number of problems you come across wearing glasses???

Stranger999 wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

i thought that too, but then Allah (swt) did encourage mankind to seek knowledge and thus mankind came upon the miracles of laser eye surgery....

in some ways it is vanity, but in others, it's more practical to have perfect vision

like what?

Noor wrote:
thats like saying you cant get braces cz you're being ungrateful for the teeth he gave you.

That's my friend's opinion, and he's a dentist lol!

He said that only in necessity like ur teeth'll be damaged without them

How do you fit ur opinion with the rulings that you can't dye ur hair to cover it greying or wear a wig to cover baldness (cos it's dishonest)?

Hmm...

i don't mind having white hair, for each white hair you have, a sin gets washed away or something along those lines.

you can die your hair any colour but black. you can put henna on your hair/beard. oh yeah, remembered something, at the time of the prophet saw, when the battles use to take place the prophet saw use to tell the sahaba to die their hair black so the enemies would get scared of them cz they would look young and strong. regarding the wig, i think there’s a difference of opinion on that, for people who have cancer and have hair loss there may be a different ruling wa Allahu alam. need to check up on this iA.

Ya'qub wrote:
Stranger999 wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

like what?

1) you get into a fight (defending your mother or sisters honour), glasses are going to make you lose and its going to hurt alot more!

2) as Noor pointed out, have you ever tried wearing glasses with a hijaab...they won't stay on, unless you glue them into the hijaab... and even then you'll end up with really sore ears

3) you'll end up with a really wonky nose...and thus none of the relatives will consider marrying you, because you'll be the cousin 'with the wonky nose'...and thus you can't fulfil your islamic duties and get married because no one will marry u!

4) your in the middle of your childs award ceromony...and the screw comes loose from your glasses and they break...thus you can't see when your kid comes on stage and thus when to clap...he/she will think you don't care

i see you don't wear glasses!

trust me i've spent hours in the opticians selecting the right pair of glasses...
no matter how many hours you spend, you'll stil end up with something awful which will hurt and be uncomfortable. some people's faces just aren't made for glasses!

and i didn't say if you wear glasses you'll never get married...i said if you wear glasses, you'll end up with a wonky nose...thus reducing your chances of proposals coming your way! totally different!

does anyone have a book on how to wear your hijaab with glasses effectively???

feel free to send me a copy! Smile

Stranger999 wrote:

1) you get into a fight (defending your mother or sisters honour), glasses are going to make you lose and its going to hurt alot more!

2) as Noor pointed out, have you ever tried wearing glasses with a hijaab...they won't stay on, unless you glue them into the hijaab... and even then you'll end up with really sore ears

3) you'll end up with a really wonky nose...and thus none of the relatives will consider marrying you, because you'll be the cousin 'with the wonky nose'...and thus you can't fulfil your islamic duties and get married because no one will marry u!

4) your in the middle of your childs award ceromony...and the screw comes loose from your glasses and they break...thus you can't see when your kid comes on stage and thus when to clap...he/she will think you don't care

lol that post was hilarious.

i dont get any of them esp the wonky nose one- how can wearing glasses give you a wonky nose??!!!

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

Stranger999 wrote:

i dont get any of them esp the wonky nose one- how can wearing glasses give you a wonky nose??!!!

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

To prove that both Angel I wear glasses and (b) your points are erroneous lies, I will now attempt to completely dismantle your argument (nothing to do with it being quiet Friday afternoon at work or anything...)

1) Have you ever considered using the magnifying qualities of glasses to your advantage? If you catch the sunlight in your lense then you can set fire to the horrible person who has bought your family's honour into disrepute. A victory for you, a victory for Justice and a victory for mankind!

2) While I have never tried wearing a hijab, I know that you can easily cut a slit in the material through which you can poke the ear-sticks, and then hey presto! your hijab fits and you glasses are comfortable. Plus, all this creativity and hard work for the sake of Allah gives you loads of extra rewards, masha'Allah!

3) What can I say? Your new, wonky nose means that prospective marriage partners will not be stunned by your amazing beauty, and they will only marry you because they think they are well-suited for each other! Your marriage will be stronger, last longer and plus you won't suffer the terrible trials of pride and/or vanity. Alhamdulillah!

4) The commotion caused by you hurridly getting off your chair and noisily crawling around on the floor looking for your screw will distract the audience for a few moments. This happens just at the moment that your child made a mistake with his/her speech. But because everyone didn't notice the mistake, instead of he/she getting embarrassed and running off stage in floods of tears, he/she takes a few moments to compose him/herself, and then turns it round to gives one of the best awards acceptance speeches in history! Alhamdulillahir-Rabbil-'Alamin!!

I'd wear glasses even if I had 20-20 vision, just because of all the perks you get.

"Ya’qub" wrote:
Isn't getting laser eye surgery being 'ungrateful' to Allah (swt) for the sight that He gave you?

Allah (swt) gave me perfect sight but lack of sleep, poor diet and modern technology made it crap Sad

"Ya’qub" wrote:
Shouldn't you be pleased with the Qadr of Allah (swt)? Especially since He has also given humans the skills and tools to make sophisticated optical devices like glasses etc.

The same could apply to laser eye treatment. Allah(swt) has gifted mankind with knowledge on how to laser eyes Smile

"Ya’qub" wrote:
What is the point of laser eye surgery?

So that you can see without having to wear glasses and/or lens

"Ya’qub" wrote:
Isn't it just (very expensive) vanity, cos you don't wanna wear glasses?

From £385 per eye is not expensive considering how much one pays for glasses and/or lens over a lifetime. Just because one wants to undergo laser treatment doesn’t mean they are vain, im certainly not doing it out of vanity. Glasses are a pain in the bum. Disadvantages of wearing glasses that have not been mentioned are:

1)When one goes to a theme park ie Alton towers or Blackpool you cant go on the water rides or the ones that go upside down.
2)Cant go swimming or sit in the stream room.
3)Going out when its raining.
4)You forget that your wearing glasses and you go really close to something, for eg sewing machine and you hit your glasses on it, it really hurts Sad

"Stranger999" wrote:
you get into a fight (defending your mother or sisters honour), glasses are going to make you lose and its going to hurt alot more!

Very true

"Stranger999" wrote:
as Noor pointed out, have you ever tried wearing glasses with a hijaab...they won't stay on, unless you glue them into the hijaab... and even then you'll end up with really sore ears

Maybe you lot should consider getting your glasses tightened, mine stay on fine, but they do make my ears sore and make my hijab lose and me hair starts poking out.

"love to live bu..." wrote:
if u want me to forward u a whole lecture on the disadvantages of it then let me kno! lol (it is serious cause u can loose ur eye!)

Yes please. I had the procedure explained to me today and it aint put me off even after she told me that one of the types of laser eye treatment they offer involves using a blade to cut the top of the cornea and then laser it and its done under local antithetic! There is a risk with any op.

> it depends on ur prescription but those witha very high prescription or who are nearly legally partially blind will regain their vision for a short term but then loose it again! (dont see the point of gettin it done coz aftr a while u end up havin worse eye sight!)

Ive been told that those with higher prescriptions will need to wear reading glasses and when driving around at night.

> glasses wiv hijab do go!(if they are a lil funky brown!hehe) i wear em sometimes wen i cant get my contacts in! they look awesome if they match the colour of ur clothing!

Very true. They have some really nice designer frames, but the problem with me is that ive got a small face and the frame is always big no matter which one I choose. I look daft in them but I don’t care.

> Contacts are another option and i absolutely love wearin em!! for best comfort opt for the dailies... very good! ... but monthlies are arite n afordable! lol (i dont like the ones that change ur eye colour!)

Contacts are more convenient then glasses but they still have their disadvantages. If you wear them for long periods of time esp the day and night ones, when you eventually take them out your eyes feel proper dry and your having to blink a lot. If you don’t wash your hands properly when putting them in/taking them out you can get an eye infection. If you’ve not had enough sleep then they can feel prickly (well mine do).

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Will microsoft/windows 2007 affect my work if I download it? Cos all other previous stuff is on MS/windows 2003?

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

Ya'qub wrote:
To prove that both Angel I wear glasses and (b) your points are erroneous lies, I will now attempt to completely dismantle your argument (nothing to do with it being quiet Friday afternoon at work or anything...)

1) Have you ever considered using the magnifying qualities of glasses to your advantage? If you catch the sunlight in your lense then you can set fire to the horrible person who has bought your family's honour into disrepute. A victory for you, a victory for Justice and a victory for mankind!

2) While I have never tried wearing a hijab, I know that you can easily cut a slit in the material through which you can poke the ear-sticks, and then hey presto! your hijab fits and you glasses are comfortable. Plus, all this creativity and hard work for the sake of Allah gives you loads of extra rewards, masha'Allah!

3) What can I say? Your new, wonky nose means that prospective marriage partners will not be stunned by your amazing beauty, and they will only marry you because they think they are well-suited for each other! Your marriage will be stronger, last longer and plus you won't suffer the terrible trials of pride and/or vanity. Alhamdulillah!

4) The commotion caused by you hurridly getting off your chair and noisily crawling around on the floor looking for your screw will distract the audience for a few moments. This happens just at the moment that your child made a mistake with his/her speech. But because everyone didn't notice the mistake, instead of he/she getting embarrassed and running off stage in floods of tears, he/she takes a few moments to compose him/herself, and then turns it round to gives one of the best awards acceptance speeches in history! Alhamdulillahir-Rabbil-'Alamin!!

I'd wear glasses even if I had 20-20 vision, just because of all the perks you get.

the perks of wearing glasses????
Crazy person...you evidently don't wear glasses!

lol u were obviously very bored!
but i must say some very good points!
very comendable Smile

Snoopz wrote:
Stranger999 wrote:

Lol if your really really blind (like myself)

then your glasses lens is likely to be really really thick (am not joking)

if you think about it you have to carry them round on your nose...

wots happens to your back when you carry a sack of potatoes on it thats too heavy??

it goes crooked....same thing happens to your nose with glasses lol!

Alisha wrote:
Will microsoft/windows 2007 affect my work if I download it? Cos all other previous stuff is on MS/windows 2003?

Are you downloading vista?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:
Alisha wrote:

Are you downloading vista?

you mean microsoft office(Word, excel, access etc) right?

You shouldnt have any problems with your old work, if you download office 2007.
Although, you might not like the new one becuase its a bit weird and really different to 2003.

Also keep in mind that any work done with MS office 2007 won't work too well with MS office 2003.

"There was always time,
But You Left It All Behind....... " -> AdeelAkhtar.co.uk

Alisha wrote:

Why not just copy your work onto a usb stick/external hard drive/blank CD. You should have a backup of your work anyway coz what happens if your pc stops working one day.

If your looking to get vista wait for the service pack two to come out this version has to many bugs and problems.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

found this web at minhaj forum ... i just adore the background music (absolutely wikid near to the mid!)... who knows where its from?? ...

o n btw.... the article was kind of interesting but didnt hav clue abt wot it was on abt! (don't kno the principles of music u see!)... yh i get the fact that musical notes can be formed geometrically but nothing else!

can some1 try to explain the following phrase please: "ART IS SCIENCE MADE CLEAR"

Is there such a thing as a marriage finger in Islam or is that just a non Muslim thing?

For non Muslims if they wear a ring on their left hand, third finger it signifies they are married. In Islam is it the right hand third finger?

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Adorable! i was jus readin that story! ...

(i dont kno y but i hav a rediculously starnge affiliation to animals! altho i dont pet no animals! but they are facinating creatures!)

I always take my glasses off when I fight. Not that I fight very often.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Courage wrote:
I always take my glasses off when I fight. Not that I fight very often.

Smile i can imagine lol

'just wait a sec mate...gimmi a sec to take my glasses off and then am guna beat the **** out of you!'

it's like when a girls got to fight (defending her mothers honour of course no other reason)...

she's gota take her heels off...all her jewellery...put her lil handbag aside coz that aint going to help and then on top of that she gota take her glasses off and fight half blind lol

the hardships girls face lol

Pages

Topic locked