NO TOPIC the Third

Well This is the new new No Topic Topic. Blum 3

For those who do not know, this place is to talk about nothing. Nada. Zilch. And everything else which according to you does not deserve it's own topic. (Or you could choose to make a blog post)

[url=/node/1781]The other one[/url] was getting a bit long... So we have a new start.

You do realise it makes no difference size wise, if you continued to use the old one or started a new one?

Back in BLACK

The first No Topic is 127 pages. Because of its size we do not have working search yet. php goes out of memory when scanning it for key words. Or times out. Or both.

No Topic 2 will probably cause the same issue if I can get past the first hurdle.

Does it make a difference? no - the last No Topic was already almost as big. But I want to stop topics getting unnecessarily large. Unless they are actually on topic.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Well... as long as theres a reason.

Back in BLACK

Why do you doubt me?

Do I look like the type of person who does things on just a whim?

Wait... do not answer that.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

No topic, you say?

I love lamp.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Oooo
New No Topic!

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

To cause a thousand veils to fall each moment.

Back in BLACK

Yeh.. Dirol

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

Where can you get Pakistan passport app. forms from? Mum needs one.

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

Type in passport in the search box.

Alisha wrote:

They now recoomend you get one of them "Shanak-ti Cards" .. My dad had all our passports made into the cards - its valid for 10 years unlike the Passport which is valid for only 5 years.. look into getting one of them instead.. its much more convienient

Yes i have one of those my pic makes me look rather criminal.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Thank you and smurfy.

Lol, I remember I went to the shanakti card office when I went in 2006 Fool There was brummies and the kids were telling their dad they want coke and crisps.

My mum didn't get hers done cos they made some mistakes or something :S

The link is taking agesss to load.

what one is it? Fool Cos my mum was born in pak but has British nationality. I'll download both :S

xSmurfy786x wrote:
Alisha wrote:

They now recoomend you get one of them "Shanak-ti Cards" .. My dad had all our passports made into the cards - its valid for 10 years unlike the Passport which is valid for only 5 years.. look into getting one of them instead.. its much more convienient

a shanak ti card is not enough to get you into Pakistan. All it means is that you dont need a visa. You still need a Pakistani passport to cross over. But you’re right about the duration of both.

@ Alisha it depends, if your mum already got a Pakistani passport but just needs renewing then apply for a renewal otherwise it would be the first Pakistani passport form that you need.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

You lot do realise that word means identity? Just call it an ID card.

You still need a passport people.
The "ID card" only means you dont need a visa.

Back in BLACK

Has anyone seen those messages on YouTube that say

"Pause this video on 21 seconds and then forward this message onto 12 people. If you do this then something great will happen. Believe me THIS REALLY WORKS! If you don't do this then the person you have a crush on will hate you."

Who on earth wastes their time posting this? Do they actually think its true?

This reminds me of those chain letters we used to get at school. Every now and then the teachers would tell us that there have been reports of some chain letters going around, and if we receive them, we MUSTN'T SEND THEM ON!! We have to throw them away ASAP or otherwise we'll all be contaminated by them and they were VERY DANGEROUS!

This made me very scared of them, without really knowing what they really were. If the teachers had not said anything about them, then I probably would have just reacted with 'what a stupid waste of time' if I had received one.

Ya'qub wrote:

"Pause this video on 21 seconds and then forward this message onto 12 people. If you do this then something great will happen. Believe me THIS REALLY WORKS! If you don't do this then the person you have a crush on will hate you."

This reminds me of those chain letters we used to get at school. Every now and then the teachers would tell us that there have been reports of some chain letters going around, and if we receive them, we MUSTN'T SEND THEM ON!! We have to throw them away ASAP or otherwise we'll all be contaminated by them and they were VERY DANGEROUS!

This made me very scared of them, without really knowing what they really were. If the teachers had not said anything about them, then I probably would have just reacted with 'what a stupid waste of time' if I had received one.

No, it's true, those things always work, like the messages on Facebook that say "if you forward this to all your friends and then press "Alt+F4" the names of the people who read your profile will show up on screen".

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Naz wrote:
xSmurfy786x wrote:
Alisha wrote:

a shanak ti card is not enough to get you into Pakistan. All it means is that you dont need a visa. You still need a Pakistani passport to cross over. But you’re right about the duration of both.

@ Alisha it depends, if your mum already got a Pakistani passport but just needs renewing then apply for a renewal otherwise it would be the first Pakistani passport form that you need.

Ya, went onto pakistan high commision website, have to fill in some form and you do need that id card :S

Quote:
For Adults (18 years and above)

i) Original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or NICOP along with its two photocopies

ii) Previous Original Passport with one photocopy

iii) Copy of valid UK visa

Joie de Vivre wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

No, it's true, those things always work, like the messages on Facebook that say "if you forward this to all your friends and then press "Alt+F4" the names of the people who read your profile will show up on screen".

Its all a pile of go-se. "Alt+F4" simply closes your browser... and thats all it does. IMO people are really gullible if they think these are true. They're exactly like chain letters.

Back in BLACK

but.. have ya'll tried the ctrl+al+del chainmail? No? Well someone get onto ti pronto!

Send it out with something like:

Quote:
Three children* were killed by the zionists** in haberjaa**. As a way of protest you have to follow the instructions in this message. If not, your first born will also die. ok, now we know that you must do it... Steps:

1. Send this onto 31 of your closes friends in reverse alphabetical order.
2. ???
3. profit!!!
4. Press Ctrl+alt+del followed by ####

Just think of the children!

Now tell me you won't believe that genuine message if your best friend sent it to you.

Only thing lacking is the lack of an electronic transfer of a large amoutn of cash. Into my account.

* - I made it up, but it sounds convincing I think
** - We need a bogeyman. Make sure it is a good one. Can't go wrong with zionists.
*** - randon letters that may sound like a place name.
#### - whatever will make the PC go into a full reboot losing all data.

Ya'qub wrote:
Three children* were killed by the zionists** in haberjaa**. As a way of protest you have to follow the isntructions in this message. If not, your first born will also die.ok, now we know that you must do it... Steops:

1. Send this onto 31 of your closes friends in reverse alphabetical order.
2. ???
3. profit!!!
4. Press Ctrl+alt+del followed by ####

Just think of the children!

Now tell me you won't believe that genuine message if your best friend sent it to you.

Only thing lacking is the lack of an electronic transfer of a large amoutn of cash. Into my account.

* - I made it up, but it sounds convincing I think
** - We need a bogeyman. Make sure it is a good one. Can't go wrong with zionists.
*** - randon letters that may sound like a place name.
#### - whatever will make the PC go into a full reboot losing all data.

LOL.

I ALWAYS delete them. I got one last night that listed various names of Allah (swt) and said i should send it to x number of people and i will get good news tomorrow. You know what i did? I deleted it. I put the validity of such things right there next to all those other superstitions.

PS: Holding Ctrl+Alt+Del down for a few seconds will reboot your computer.

Back in BLACK

What is that word for being part of the british community?

Its like assimilation, but I cannot think of it.

It is to do with my [url=/blogs/you/cowboy-justice]blog post[/url], where I used assimilation because I could not think of the right word... the one 'Ed is a big fan of. I thought I would but it in later, but it has been a day... and my mind is stuck.

EDIT - integration has just popped into my mind. Not sure if it is the same one, but ti fits better than assimilation.

You wrote:
What is that word for being part of the british community?

Its like assimilation, but I cannot think of it.

Alcoholism

Asalam are there any sisters who would like to come on Telly preferably from Birmingham as the channel is located in the Aston area of Birmingham (unlkess you are willing to travel). There is a new channel called Noor TV on Sky channel 822. i will be taking part in presnting my own show and i would like to invite sisters who are eitherstudents studying at university or doctors social workers, lawyers beauticians so it would be like a careers programme. at the moment beacuse the channel has just opnened it would be voluntary if there is any one interested please do not hesitate and contac me on the following

"Who would have guessed that when you remove Garfield from the Garfield comic strips, the result is an even better comic about schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and the empty desperation of modern life? Friends, meet Jon Arbuckle. Let’s laugh and learn with him on a journey deep into the tortured mind of an isolated young Everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness in a quiet American suburb."

Ya'qub wrote:
"Who would have guessed that when you remove Garfield from the Garfield comic strips, the result is an even better comic about schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and the empty desperation of modern life? Friends, meet Jon Arbuckle. Let’s laugh and learn with him on a journey deep into the tortured mind of an isolated young Everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness in a quiet American suburb."

I love that site. (You're another ze reader!)
  • It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST!!

WOHOOOOOOOOO Biggrin

1st time too, and only 2 minors!

Alhmdulillh

big relief.........i put off driving til after uni, only started a few months ago, and passed both tests 1st time....Go me!!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Congratulations!!

Now you can be a taxi driver for you entire extended family!!

Well Done!!

Congractulations! XD

Pages

Topic locked