NO TOPIC the Third

1093 posts / 0 new
Last post

Sirus wrote:
I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST!!

WOHOOOOOOOOO Biggrin

1st time too, and only 2 minors!

Alhmdulillh

big relief.........i put off driving til after uni, only started a few months ago, and passed both tests 1st time....Go me!!

Congratulations. First the beard and now this. You can dance the tango and drive a Ferrari better than anyone I've ever seen. Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Here is the latest spammy message I got:

Someone really silly wrote:
SORRY!!!! WHEN U ALREADY START READING THIS DON'T STOP OR ELSE SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN...MY NAME IS JENNY...I AM 7 YEARS OLD WITH RED/ORANGE HAIR, PENCIL SHAVINGS THAT GOT SHOVED UP MY BUTT, MY MOTHER BEATS ME I LIVE IN A CELL WITH NO WINDOWS DOORS AND NO LIGHT, I HAVE RED SCARY EYES AND I HAVE NO NOSE OR EARS. I AM DEAD. IF YOU DON'T SEND THIS TO 15PPL B4 U GO TO BED I WILL APPEAR 2NIGHT WITH A KNIFE AND KILL U THIS IS NO JOKE SOMETHING GOOD WILL HAPPEN TO U AT 10:22 SOMEONE WILL CALL YOU OR TALK TO YOU ONLINE AND SAY I LOVE YOU OR ASK YOU OUT BUT HERES THE CATCH, YOU HAVE TO SEND IT TO 15 DIFFERENT PEOPLE...YOU CANNOT SEND IT TO ME

The author missed out a few commas and an apostrophe, but I guess I should let them off since they have no nose or ears plus they are dead. And ginger too, as if it wasn't bad enough.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Why does it seem to be that there is less and less about Islam on this site and more and more about secular acrobatics?

Religious conversations seem to peter out, or those that come here to discuss Islam tend also to promote strong sectarian or political views and don't get much response. This site needs a good Imam to post once a week or so. He would thus get the ball rolling, keep things on track and provide a singular authority (not that everyone would have to subscribe if their own authority differs).

Then again, on this site young Muslims (and me) wish each other a Juma and Eid Mubarak, share a little of what goes on their lives, request duas for the hard times and behave with great respect, friendship and genuine concern for one another, which is a pretty good start on most forums.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Confo wrote:
Why does it seem to be that there is less and less about Islam on this site and more and more about secular acrobatics?

because we discuss whatever people bring to the table.

Want convo on a religious matter? start one. Secular? start one.

That is how forums work. (I am of the opinion there are many people lurking waiting for someone to start a discussion so they can jump in... they just do not start them. or think of them before hand.)

Ofcourse it is not that simple - what is the difference between a secular and religious discussion?

yes, football (I will add "probably" to not insult otehrs :P) would be secular, and "Rabbi Ul Awwal" be quasi religious, but where would news go? aljazeerah? morals? shaking hands? a little bit of both.

ofcourse I could game the system, start a few different and varied discussions to kickstart everything, but ... why don't I? good question.

Got other things to do so if we want vibrant discussions, may as well go ahead and start them.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Who's confo?

I thought i liked this new forum!

But I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think im gona be away for a few months, this forum is seriously confusing, cannot find anything, when i log in i have to scroll the page to the middle as it isnt perfectly aliged already!

Its anoying because i cant check my sent items and its just bloody confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over

Bye bye

Angel wrote:
Who's confo?

I thought i liked this new forum!

But I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think im gona be away for a few months, this forum is seriously confusing, cannot find anything, when i log in i have to scroll the page to the middle as it isnt perfectly aliged already!

Which browser? I need to test this and fix it.

Quote:
Its anoying because i cant check my sent items

When you go to inbox and choose sent items, what happens?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Angel habibti! how have you been! you coming to the seerah course next week? xxx

@Sirus: Mubarak akhi! passed your driving test and got the job you badly wanted, maashaAllah. well done. blessings of Rabbi al-Awwal :d

Admin - im using internet explorer (i know you hate it but i dont!)

Everytime i come on revival (logged on or not) the page isnt aligned perfectly so i have to scroll every time to view a diff page or thread, rather anoying!

I tried selecting the drop down for sent items but it didnt work however it is now :S

Can you fix the above though coz its doing my head in

thanks

Sirus - congrats!!

Noori - nope i wont be coz i have a milad at my house on sunday plus no time to travel at the mo what with work! x

Can you hit ctrl + f5? I think the alignment issues should be fixed. (What size is your monitor?)

(I may hate Internet Explorer - but too many people use it to ignore. The world hates me.)

wow that fixed it!! i hate you though (wish it took you forever to fix!) muhahahaha

thanks Smile

Since you hate me, can you tell me how bad the new colours are?

(I was gonna use Ya'qub as the guinea pig, but he disappeared faster than I could say "hey, don't disapear!")

That would mean i was helping you oh but what the heck

I think for the first time ever you have got it right, the light blue, the peach and the creme fit perfectly and the bright orange is perfect at the top since it is eye-catching. I dont think they are bad, why are u thinking that? :S

Its a total difference from the old site but new fresh start!

Maybe someone who hates it can advise you coz im liking it, sowwie!

I meant the changes I made just before that post - the background of the content on the front page is no longer white, some browns are now brown... I think it is better, but well... i am not too headstrong when ti comes to colours.

White is boring

but the brown gives it warmth and doesnt make the space stand out like a sore thumb.

nighty nighty

Does anyone of here study either French or Arabic?

If you do how much do you pay?

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

i was studying Arabic but i stopped going, teacher was rubbish. I paid £60, twas half price for students.

Naz wrote:

I studied French AND Arabic in Year 7,8and 9 Hehe Smile
It Was Freeeee Blum 3

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

xSmurfy786x wrote:
Naz wrote:

It Was Freeeee Blum 3

You did Arabic in school? Masha'Allah!

Was that in Algeria or Morocco?

I hope to study Arabic in the future inshaAllah.

It's become almost like a cliché as a Shaykh was saying. If people were asked what they have/want to study out of something like Aqeedah, Fiqh, Arabic, Tajweed, most people would probably say Arabic, which don't get me wrong is important but setting out priorities is also important.

One thing I wouldn't recommend to anyone, crash courses! If you want to learn anything about Islam it's better to spend time on it.

Studying in Syria sounds good. So can someone tell me what you actually do, is it like spending most of your time with a teacher in the mosque and then chilling out in the weekends?

Noor wrote:
i was studying Arabic but i stopped going, teacher was rubbish. I paid £60, twas half price for students.

Thats cheap, round my end its £188. Coz i aint a student anymore nor am i cliaming any benefits i will probs have to pay it all Sad life sucks when you aint a student no more.

xSmurfy786x wrote:
It Was Freeeee Blum 3

lol i too studied French back in high school and its was free and i also have a GCSE in it. Im thinking maybe French coz i wouldnt be starting from scratch.

Sirus wrote:
I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST!!

WOHOOOOOOOOO Biggrin

Me too!! phew boy is that a relieft and i can honestly second what noor said, it is the blessing of Mawlid-un-Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) throughout my driving test i kept receiting durood-o-salam all thanks to Allah (swt) and the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) Smile

Muslim bro - my cousin is studying in syria he's also doing fiqh/hadith etc and doing his arabic class, its tough work and this is his second yr, he got married last yr and took his wife, its worth it though.

mubarak ya ukhti! well dun! the faiz of rabbi al-awal ey? maashaAllah walhamdulilah! oh yeah, Qasim/Ansa had a baby girl! shaykh-ul-islam named her Sukayna!

Thanks Noor, it defo was due to Mawlid-un-Nabi (saw).

Yeh I heard about Ansa, say my congrats to Ansa, my cousin told me a few days ago, hows Ansa doing and little Sukayna?

x

Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008) wrote:
There is the possibility that humankind can outgrown its infantile tendencies, as I suggested in Childhood's End. But it is amazing how childishly gullible humans are. There are, for example, so many different religions -- each of them claiming to have the truth, each saying that their truths are clearly superior to the truths of others -- how can someone possibly take any of them seriously? I mean, that's insane. ...Though I sometimes call myself a crypto-Buddhist, Buddhism is not a religion. Of those around at the moment, Islam is the only one that has any appeal to me. But, of course, Islam has been tainted by other influences. The Muslims are behaving like Christians, I'm afraid.

Why do ppl get offended or peeved when one Muslim corrects another Muslim on something they have done wrong or are doing wrong?

E.g. I was reading namaaz in jamaat and at the end of prayer a woman said “I don’t mean to offend anyone but I noticed that when some of you were praying there were gaps in between you. Don’t leave any gaps, stand shoulder to shoulder, feet to feet coz otherwise the shataan comes between the gaps and whispers to you."

I didn’t realise this and when I heard it I was really grateful that she said something but some of the girls were acting a bit funny :s

Naz wrote:
Why do ppl get offended or peeved when one Muslim corrects another Muslim on something they have done wrong or are doing wrong?

E.g. I was reading namaaz in jamaat and at the end of prayer a woman said “I don’t mean to offend anyone but I noticed that when some of you were praying there were gaps in between you. Don’t leave any gaps, stand shoulder to shoulder, feet to feet coz otherwise the shataan comes between the gaps and whispers to you."

I didn’t realise this and when I heard it I was really grateful that she said something but some of the girls were acting a bit funny :s

Bcoz generally people dont like being told their wrong. Why bcoz they're a$$holes (pls dont delete that!). Its true... only someone who was sooo arrogant to believe they're right 24 hours a day and 7 days a week would get insulted if someone corrected.

Back in BLACK

maybe them sisters didn’t follow that ruling, ankle to ankle, shoulder to shoulder.

Noor wrote:
maybe them sisters didn’t follow that ruling, ankle to ankle, shoulder to shoulder.

The way that i have been taught to pray is that women must keep their feet close togther so that the ankles are touching each other and the sides of the knees. Men on the other hand are suppose to separate their feet a little. When the women said shoulder to shoulder and feet to feet (which makes it impossible to keep your feet together) i still took it on board.

You can pray next to someone where their shoulders and ankles are touching yours, however it's not a must.

When I'm praying next to a hanafi, they touch shoulders but not ankles, but with non-hanafi's, they tend to do both.

Pages

Topic locked