NO TOPIC the Third

1093 posts / 0 new
Last post

MuslimBro wrote:
You can pray next to someone where their shoulders and ankles are touching yours, however it's not a must.

When I'm praying next to a hanafi, they touch shoulders but not ankles, but with non-hanafi's, they tend to do both.

I've got an Indian friend who told me that, in his culture, when someone stands with their legs far apart it is a sign of aggression or hostility. So when he came to Britain and people stand like that (to make sure their ankles touch) it looked like everyone was about to have a fight!

If there are proper gaps in between people that obviously should be filled/closed, but I think some people get over zealous with this. How many times have you been in a long taraweh prayer and by the end you have lost all feeling in you little toe because someone has been standing on it just to make sure they 'filled in all the gaps'.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

It says there are 646 guests online!

Is that some sort of record?

Do you think it has something to do with the new issue of the magazine being released?

EDIT: It just went up to 652 guests, but is now back to 641. Mash'Allah!

Those are crazy numbers. No idea how valid they are.

Personally I would like to put it down to my wit and charm.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I learnt:

Even if you haven't seen your school friends for two years, when you meet up with them you pick up right where you left off with them. There isn't any awkwardness and its like you've never been away form each other.

Ya'qub wrote:
Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008) wrote:
There is the possibility that humankind can outgrown its infantile tendencies, as I suggested in Childhood's End. But it is amazing how childishly gullible humans are. There are, for example, so many different religions -- each of them claiming to have the truth, each saying that their truths are clearly superior to the truths of others -- how can someone possibly take any of them seriously? I mean, that's insane. ...Though I sometimes call myself a crypto-Buddhist, Buddhism is not a religion. Of those around at the moment, Islam is the only one that has any appeal to me. But, of course, Islam has been tainted by other influences. The Muslims are behaving like Christians, I'm afraid.

Just going back a little, but I have been pondering over this comment. Any idea what he meant?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You know how if you have a piece of paper with verses from the Qur'an from it how do you go about disposing of it properly? I was printing something off the comp but the crappy printer was being a pain and it printed out dead blurred so i cant make out most of the verses.

In pakistan they tend to put it in a stream/slow flowing river. There is a river but its got ducks in it. I dont wanna rip it up and chuck it in the bin coz you can still see the verses and it doesnt seem right and burning it will remove the writing but it doesnt seem right either.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Good question... and there's a good answer to it in the latest issue of The Revival magazine! Smile It's out now so please check it out.

How do i get some sent to my masjid?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:
How do i get some sent to my masjid?

You get it sent to your house and then carry them their yourself! PM Mr Ed.

lol.. weirddd people Blum 3

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

Search 4 the Truth - 10.30pm Today on Noor TV
Tune In

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

smuuurrffyyyy were you @ wolsey rd masjid 2dy?

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

Saalaaamzz!

Nopee i wasnt - home babysiting Sad lol.. was theyre the Ziyarat of the Prophets hair there yesterday? did u goo? x x x

ws!

thought I saw you- or some1 who looked like you :S

we did ziyarat 2dy yh, there was somat going on in darnal yday bt I dint go x

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

Mums been in Pakistan for the last 3weeks. She's gonna stay there for another two weeks. I have late nights at work - parents evenings, school trips, teacher assessment/observations. I cook, clean and shop daily. Family is never happy with what I cook. Its impossible to please a family of picky eaters. Random long lost friends wish to meet me ever since I got engaged - and I have wedding planning/shopping etc to be dealing with too.

Inshallah
allah swt will make all that easy for you, best thing to do is not to complain, not saying your just try to avoid complaining.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

MuslimSister wrote:
Its impossible to please a family of picky eaters.

Give the them the number of a local takeaway. Once they get fed up of that, they will gladly eat anything... assuming they get sick of the takeaway.

You wrote:
MuslimSister wrote:
Its impossible to please a family of picky eaters.

Give the them the number of a local takeaway. Once they get fed up of that, they will gladly eat anything... assuming they get sick of the takeaway.

We've had takeaway only about twice - mainly cos...unlike mum, I dont know how to budget when it comes to family shopping. So I'm short on cash

(BTW my family would HAPPILY live off takeaways - its only me and mum who value the importance of a healthy home cooked meal)

When mum was here, she'd would usually buy things like onion bags and rice bags from the asian shops..other stuff from Asda etc. but cos I'm so lazy/busy when it comes to shopping..I end up buying everything in one place - usually the Tesco's near work. So for me 4onions from Tesco's cost the same as one huge onion bag from the asian shop...cos money is being wasted like that, I dont even have any spare cash for regular take aways.

But anyway - rant over. I know I need to stop complaining - but I'm so mentally/physically exhausted. And really really looking forward to my two week break next week!

All teachers are striking...I cant be bothered. Im not looking forward to losing out on a days pay (money is tight these days!)...plus I'm not even with that union.

It would be intresting to see how this pans out.

MuslimSister wrote:
All teachers are striking...I cant be bothered. Im not looking forward to losing out on a days pay (money is tight these days!)...plus I'm not even with that union.

It would be intresting to see how this pans out.

Yay! We get a day off school!!

Hang on, I haven't been in school for about 4 years...

Darn! Why couldn't they do this when I had to sit through Mr Vickry's lessons...

Oh my gosh Noorie!! What are you doing online?!

How are you?

Sort of... have been around for a while with a number of posts(20-50) so that people can "judge" you are not some guy trying to get into the sisters forum... Or you know someone who is already in there who can vouch for you.

love to live but living to die wrote:
is there a sister's section?? y didnt no1 tell me! are there conditions to be met before u actually can have access to the sister's section?

Maybe if you can answer a question that only girls would know the answer to

Hmm....something about Home and Away perhaps?

What is your favourite colour?

What is worse - a geek or a nerd?

I was in the (multi-faith) prayer room at the Royal Courts today.

There was a copy of the Bible in there, which was 'Anglesized'

I just think that was an ironic spelling.

wavelengths from the visible spectrum are reflectd from a surface ie all colours make up black!

You got that the wrong way around. Black is the absence of colour - when a material absorbs all the colours without emitting a wavelength we can see, that is black.

wen all wavelengths from the visible spectrum are reflectd from a surface ie all colours make up black!

That makes up white!

black is when there is no light visible at all!

Pages

Topic locked