NO TOPIC the Third

1093 posts / 0 new
Last post

was it Noddystyle pasta? like u promised? Blum 3

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
was it Noddystyle pasta? like u promised? Blum 3

o-oh.....
..thing is I didnt make it, i promised id save you some when Id made it....so its not as special as Noddystyle...

okie dokie, fair enough Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

{long and heavy sigh}

tiresome

Just look for a "suitable for vegetarians" sign and be done with it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Quote:
2 things which will cost more from April...

1. Stamps - Prices rise on April 6. A first class stamp for a letter is up from 36p to 39p and second class rises from 27p to 30p. Avoid the increase by stocking up on stamps now as they are inflation-proofed if they have just '1st' or '2nd' on them. Why not stock up for Christmas while you're at it? You will save £1.50 for every 50 letters or cards you send with the cheaper stamps.

2. Prescription charges - Currently £7.10, the price rises to £7.20 in England on April 1. You may think that 10p isn't much but it adds up if you need several or regular prescriptions. The first thing to check is whether you can avoid paying altogether. Under-16s, over-60s, pregnant women, students aged under 19 and in full-time education plus cancer patients (who will need to apply for an exemption certificate) and anyone on benefits and tax credits does not have to pay for prescriptions. If you're not in one of these categories then consider a prescription pre-payment certificate (PPC). A 3-month PPC will cost you £27.85 (£28.25 from 1 April) and a 12-month PPC £102.50 (£104.00 from 1 April). If you need to fill two prescriptions a month, the annual certificate will save you £70 over the year. For details call 0845 850 0030, get a form in a post office or pharmacy or online at . Prescriptions are free in Wales and there are plans to slowly phase them out in Scotland and Northern Ireland. As a result Scots will pay £1 less from April 1 (£4 per prescription, with even greater saving on PPCs) and those in Northern Ireland will pay £3.

3. Petrol and diesel - The government slaps an extra 2.12p per litre from 1st April as the controvserial fuel tax is implemented. Thanks guys. The Treasury will rake in £1.36million a day from the increase.

4. Phone calls - BT raises the phone line rental cost from £11.50 to £12.50 per month on April 1. I wrote about this back in February so click here for further details of the new costs and plans.

5. Council tax - Aaah, my favourite topic. Prepare for even bigger bills from April 1 as councils bump up what you owe by around 3%. Check you're getting due discounts such as for single occupancy, students or empty homes and you're claiming relevant benefits and read my blog on council tax to find out how you can check whether you're in the wrong band...

6. Nintendo games consoles - expected to increase by as much as £20 a pop in April if retailers pass on the extra costs they are paying to the Japanese manufacturers because of the yen's strength against the pound. Apple and Dell may also be in for currency-related price rises.

7. Water - An island nation we may be but our water bills are soaring on April 1 by an average of 4.1% to a typical £340 a year. You could save a fortune by switching for free to a water meter if your home has more bedrooms than people. Find out more from the Environment Agency and USwitch.

8. Visiting the dentist - as if we needed any more excuses to put off a visit (not that I do, my dentist Lawrence is a charmer). Anyway, from April 1, the cost of visiting an NHS dentist will go up. Frankly, I think you deserve a lifetime of freebies if you can even find an NHS dentist but the government will expect you to pay. In England the cost of a check-up or basic treatments such as a scale and polish is up 30p to £16.50. Extractions or fillings will rise by £1, to £45.60. Ouch. In Wales, costs for those items are being frozen. 'Band 3' treatments such as crowns, dentures and bridges will remain fixed at £198. If you need to go private a crown can cost as much as £406. If you're spending a lot of time in the dentist's chair then consider dental insurance. Tesco offers a £9.95 per month package that means you get a 100% reimbursement for routine check-ups, hygiene treatments and X-rays, when treated as an NHS patient and pays for NHS remedial and restorative treatment such as fillings. Call 0800 678 1793 or go to .

9. ISA allowance - You can stash away up to £3,600 in a cash ISA every tax year but once you miss the deadline, you lose the entitlement for good. So you have until April 5 to use yours. At the time of writing, Barclays' Golden ISA was paying the most at 3.55%.

10. TV licence - From April 1 the cost of a colour television licence will be £142.50 and a black and white licence will be £48.00. Another of my favourite topics - click here to read and rant.

11. Bus travel for over-60s - there was a big hoo-hah about this last year when the government made a big deal of giving 'go anywhere' bus passes to pensioners. Well they never really got off the ground as so many local authorities couldn't be bothered so they will be dropped from April 1, when you will probably have to pay if you want to go county-hopping. First they ruin your savings, now they spoil your fun.

12. MPs' wages - come on, you know you don't begrudge them a cosy 2.3% pay rise? Do you? You cannot expect them to surivive on expenses alone.......

Oh Come on!

I think they're being sarcastic.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

That's because you;re not an MP.

Any constituency wanna elect me? I promise to:

1. Do no work and just browse the net all day.
2. This will means I will put less red tape on local businesses as I well, would find doing that tedious and boring.
3. Profit.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Any constituency wanna elect me? I promise to:

1. Do no work and just browse the net all day.
2. This will means I will put less red tape on local businesses as I well, would find doing that tedious and boring.
3. Profit.

Fine, just don't go stealing my underpants.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Salam

This page 45 is the last page of the current NO TOPIC thread.

The previous one began ran to 188 pages.

It was started on 9 Sep. 2006 and ended on 28 Feb. 2008.

The present third NO TOPIC thread was started by YOU, our Boss, on 28 Feb. 2008.

And it end now. Only 45 pages long. He has killed it.

I gave the description of the subject back on page 25. You can go to it from this link.

Omrow

Pages

Topic locked