NO TOPIC the Third

1093 posts / 0 new
Last post

I just received a text from someone which was meant for someone else muhahahaha

That happened to me once. The worst thing was the text was about me!

It wasn't bad though, Alhamdulillah!

On time a friend of mine was bitching about another of my friends, but sent it by accident to our whol mailing group!

Allah's (swt) way of exposing back-biting.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Theres a special prayer reciting for people who are traveling.

Does anyone know what it is??

Back in BLACK

love to live but living to die wrote:
well the question(s) are wot can one do in this situation? ... is it necessary to depend on some1 even tho i kno that we shud refer to the Qur'an and the Sunnah in any situations, but u still need a teacher to explain things! ... and finally wot wud u do?

Most stuff is pretty much clear ie thou shall not drink alcohol eat meat of the swine etc. Therefore there would be no need to consult a scholar to explain what the above means. But where the area is vague/not clear or there is no mention of it in the Hadith or Qur’an most ppl will turn to a scholar/s. The scholars will be in disagreement. Weigh up the arguments for and against and see which one feels right to you and go with that. That’s what i do.

Can you please use a shorter name when replying anonymously? long names are breaking the main topic listing page.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

sooowi, il stop being lazy and log in Smile

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Amir Khans Fight - anyone watch?
7 round knockout.. XD

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

ooo and Seraph i like ur avatar Pardon

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

okey before i depart for the weekend... just a question for u's to ponder and shed some light upon:

in almost every talk that ive been to, the speaker always reinforces the fact that one must have a personal guider as in like one shud be able to approach a scholar in any situation for advise and guidance on absolutely everything... now there are soooo many sects n institutions n organisations n islamic societies and every1 have to differ on something no matter how tiggy it is! and correct me if im wrong but we are warned not to loose ourself in different firkas (sects) >> well the question(s) are wot can one do in this situation? ... is it necessary to depend on some1 even tho i kno that we shud refer to the Qur'an and the Sunnah in any situations, but u still need a teacher to explain things! ... and finally wot wud u do?

(i apologise if this is already discussed)

No-one is saying join the sects, yes avoid them as you said.

A scholar is necessary when there is something you're not sure about. Some issues the scholars are in complete agreement with, so follow them. But with other issues, there are difference of opinion, the best thing here normally is to go with the majority opinion. There are two important things (as a scholar said). Firstly respect the scholars, even though you might disagree with what they say. Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimullah) is a great scholar, however there are some things he said which other scholars disagree with, which is fine. The Companions even sometimes had differences of opinion among each other but they didn't fight and quarrel over it. Second thing is to not follow one scholar blindly, as you said, one must refer to the Qur'an and Sunnah. If one wants to get ijazah then one cannot read books at home and get it, they must study with a scholar who has received their ijazah from their teacher and so on.

xSmurfy786x wrote:
Amir Khans Fight - anyone watch?
7 round knockout.. XD

Yeah. He cheated!

"Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change."
-[i]Confucius[/i]

What on earth does that mean?

How does it help anyone?

Meh.

Has anything 'weird' ever happened to anyone? Just out of the blue... something you didn't expect.

I was in the mosque sitting down, and some guy sitting next to me just randomly holds my hand for a few seconds (like a couple holding hands) and then lets go, without even looking at me. Weird.

Who? (the person also should be a member of the sister forum...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salaam all…hope you are in the best of health and iman

Its been a long time since I posted…the path to becoming a doc is very time consuming but I hope to post regularly soon!

Ive been asked to confirm the gender of my very dear but a bit weird friend s… no love to live but living to die (what a name but at least its an improvement on your essay long email ad, joke!).

Well anyway love to live but living to die is a female! I should know…ive had to deal with the hormone related mood swings!

'To cure sometimes, to relieve often, to comfort always'

Alexis Carrel (French Surgeon)

(now can i hav access to the sistrs section?>> please?)

I have passed the request along... and will probabyl do what is reccomended to me by others. (I don't think Doctor Who was a member of the sister's section.)

gjhgjhg

who watches baba ali videos?

i watched quite a few of them

Just a total random thought ive had. Do you know when you die and your then brought back to life an the two angles ask you the 3 questions what language do they ask them in? Has anyone else ever thought about this or is it just me?

Ali baba that dude is hilarious cant wait for his movie should be good.

I think it is angels who ask you the questions, not angles Blum 3 . Plus I don't think it matters what language they ask you in. For example, if you are a Muslim you'll know what questions to expect and you can say "Allah (swt)", "Muhammad (saw)" and "Islam", and if you are a non-Muslim you won't get the answer right so it doesn't matter if you don't understand the question!

And the guys is called Baba Ali (Ali Baba was a famous thief in the Arabian Nights stories), and he is very nice and friendly cos I met him on a couple of occasions.

Ye he does live performances he hosts islamic dinners etc is he a wahabi?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Does it matter?

Can we please not have sectarian questions on here? (and "wahabi" - everyone agrees on this - is nto a term that should be used to signify a group of people - unless you mean Muslim. "Al Wahab" is a name of God.)

Specific questions = good. General naming = bad.

What do i call them then?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:
What do i call them then?

wobs!

j/k

o n whos the admin? Cud u possibly block me from the forum for a month or so PLEASE?

Unfortunately that will not work too well - anonymous people can post too and everyone can read the content.

It did work on the old forums because anonymous people could not post.

Funzo wrote:

what has he said that suggests this?

Nothing i dont think he is but if you guys know otherwise.

Who dares add me to the sister section?

Funzo wrote:

I doubt it.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Naz wrote:
Who dares add me to the sister section?

Should you not be?

I was told that you should be...

:?

I am really confused...

Pages

Topic locked