5 things to do on Laylatul Qadr

5 things to do on Laylatul Qadr

So valuable is this Night of Qadr that the Quran devotes a special surah to it “Lailatul Qadr is better than a thousand months” [97:3]

This one night surpasses the value of 30,000 nights. The most authentic account of the occurrence of the Night indicates that it can occur on any one of the last ten, odd numbered nights of Ramadan, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29.

We should strive to stay up at least on the odd numbered nights of the last ten days. If we can't manage that then let us pray at least on the 27th night. If one prays on all of the last odd numbered nights then there is more chance that one may have caught this most powerful night and the reward is of over 83 YEARS OF WORSHIP! Subhanallah! Most will not even live upto that age!

It is a night that we CANNOT miss out on so here is how we can maximise this blessed night:

1. Recite the Qur’an abundantly

Az-Zuhri used to say upon the coming of Ramadan, “It is only about reciting the Qur’an and feeding the poor.”

Abdur-Raziq said, “When Ramadan came, Sufyan Ath-Thawri would give up all acts of (voluntary) worship and devote himself to the recitation of the Qur’an.”

Laylatul Qadr is the night the Qur'an was revealed so we should spend much of the night reciting it for we will gain 700 hasanah or more by reciting each letter!

2. Strive to gain forgiveness

One should strive and do their utmost to gain the mercy of Allah especially in the odd numbered nights of the last ten days. If one leaves Ramadan without gaining the mercy of Allah then surely they are the most unfortunate ones and are the biggest losers in this world and the next.

The main Dua for Laylatul Qadr is the following:

Aisha (Ra) said: “I asked the Messenger of Allah: 'O Messenger of Allah, if I know what night is the night of Qadr, what should I say during it?' He said: 'Say: O Allah, You are pardoning and You love to pardon, so pardon me.' “

"Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee" (Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and Tirmidhi).

Gaining forgiveness on laylatul Qadr

Abu Huraira narrated that the Messenger said: “Whoever stands (in prayer) in Laylatul Qadr while nourishing his faith with self-evaluation, expecting reward from Allah, will have all of his previous sins forgiven.” (Bukhari and Muslim).

We should sincerely repent for past and present sins with the intention of not repeating them again and ask of Allah Ta’aala to help us prevent ourselves from doing them again and ask Allah to perfect our characters and to help us improve ourselves in everyway possible.

3. Do much Superogatory Prayers (Nafil)

Rabi'ah ibn Malik al-Aslami reported that the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam said: "Ask (anything)." Rabi'ah said: "I ask of you to be your companion in paradise." The Prophet said: "Or anything else?" Rabi'ah said: "That is it." The Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam said to him: "Then help me by making many prostrations (i.e., supererogatory prayers)." (Muslim)

The Prophet peace be upon him said: “Whoever draws near to Allaah during it (Ramadaan) with a single characteristic from the characteristics of (voluntary) goodness, he is like whoever performs an obligatory act in other times. And whoever performs an obligatory act during it, he is like whoever performed seventy obligatory acts in other times.” – Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah, no. 1887.

In this most blessed month of Ramadhan all good deeds are multiplied by 70 or more. Every Nafil one prays one will gain the reward of a Fard Salaah and every Fard Salah is the reward of 70 Fard salaah. Subhanallah what other time of the year is this possible? NONE! So let us make the best of these precious seconds and pray as many Nafil prayers as is possible!

Here are some Nafil prayers we can pray on Laylatul Qadr:

1. Two Rakat after performing Wudu (Ablution)

Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said to Bilal (may Allah be pleased with him): “Tell me about the best of your deeds (i.e. one which you deem the most rewarding) since your embracing Islam because I heard your footsteps in front of me in Paradise.” Bilal (may Allah be pleased with him) replied: “I do not consider any act of mine more rewarding than that whenever I make ablution at any time of night or day, I perform Prayer for as much as was destined for me to do.” (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)”

2. Tahajjud

Imam Abu Sa'id al-Khadimi said,

"There is scholarly consensus (ijma`) that among the best of virtuous acts is the night vigil prayer." [al-Bariqa al-Mahmudiyya Sharh al-Tariqa al-Muhammadiyya]

The scholars derived the following in regards to Tahajjud from the Qur'an and prophetic hadiths:

1. The minimal night vigil prayer is 2 rakats. [Hindiyya, quoting Fath al-Qadir]

2. Its optimal recommended amount is 8 rakats, because this was the general practice of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him, his family, and companions). [Hindiyya, quoting Fath al-Qadir]

3. Lengthier recitation is superior to a larger number of rakats prayed. [Durr al-Mukhtar, Radd al-Muhtar]

4. It is recommended to start the night vigil with two short rakats, because of the hadith of Abu Hurayra that the Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, "It you get up for night prayer, start with two short rakats." [Muslim, Ahmad, Abu Dawud]

Ibn Mas`ud (Allah be pleased with him) was asked, "I cannot pray at night." He said, "Your sins have prevented you."

3. Salaatul Tasbih

This is a very rewarding prayer that we should pray on each of the odd numbered nights.

Ibn al Mubarak says: “The tasbih prayer is a greatly desired act and it is desirable that one should punctually observe it and never neglect it.

How to perform this Salaah

‘Ikrimah reports from Ibn ‘Abbas that the Messenger of Allah said to ‘Abbas ibn ‘Abdal-Mutalib: “O ‘Abbas, O Uncle, shall I not give you, shall I not present to you, shall I not donate to you, shall I not tell you ten things which, if you do, Allah will forgive your first and last sins, past and present sins, intentional and unintentional sins, private and public sins? The ten actions are: pray four rak’at, reciting in every rak’ah al-Fatihah and a surah. And when you finish the Qur’anic recitation of the first rak’ah, say, while standing, ‘Subhanallah, al-hamdulillah, wa la ilaha illallah, wa Allahu Akbar‘ ['Glory be to Allah. All praise is due to Allah. There is no God except Allah. Allah is the greatest.'] Fifteen times. Then make ruku’, and while you are in ruku’, say the same ten times; then stand, and say the same ten times. Then go down and make sajdah, and while you’re in sajdah, say the same ten times. Then sit after the sajdah, and say the same ten times. Then make sajdah, and say the same ten times. Then sit after the second sajdah, and say the same another ten times. That is seventy-five [repetitions of the phrases] in each rak’ah. Do that in each of the four rak’at. If you can pray it once a day, do so. If you cannot, then once every Friday. If you cannot do that, then once a year. And if you cannot do that then once in your life. “

4. Increase in Dhikr (Rememberance of Allah)

We should glorify Allah night and day, especially in the last odd nights.

Here are some easy and very beneficial Dhikr and glorification we can do throughout the last ten odd nights:

1. Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee

2. Subhanallah

3. Alhamdulillah

4. Allahu Akbar

5. Laa ilaha ilallah

6. LA HAWLA WA LA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAH

7. Asthaghfirullah

8. SUB-HAN'ALLAH HIL AZEEM WA BI-HAM'DIHI,

9. Subhāna-llāhi, wa-l-hamdu li-llāhi, wa lā ilāha illā-llāhu, wa-llāhu akbar. Wa lā hawla wa lā quwwata illā bi-llāhi-l-aliyyi-l-azīm

10. Lā ilāha illā-llāhu waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu lahu-l-mulku wa lahu-l-ḥamdu yuhyi wa yumītu wa huwa ḥayyu-llā yamūtu abadan abada, ḏū-l-jalāli wa-l-ikrām, biyadihi-l-khayr, wa huwa alā kulli Shay-in qadīr

Or the shortened version:

11. Laa ilaaha illal-laahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa huwa ‘alaa kulli shay-in qadeer

One can also recite the durood that one recites in one's Salaah or a Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallim

5. Make much dua

We should be very busy in Dua as much as we can especially in the last 10 odd numbered.

Allah Almighty says in the Qur'an:

"When my servants ask you concerning me, (tell them) I am indeed close (to them). I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on me." [2:186]

The place of duaa is so high to Allah, that the Prophet(Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallim) had said: "Nothing is more honourable to Allah the Most High than du`a." [Sahih al-Jami` no.5268].

Almighty Allah also said: "The most excellent worship is du`a." [Sahih Al-Jami` no. 1133]

Therefore let us devote much of the night of Qadr in dua asking of Allah for his mercy and forgiveness for all of our past sins and making firm intentions to Allah that we will change for the better and strive to become closer to him as well as make our deen a FULL part of our lives and not just a little part of our life as Allah says:

Allah tells us In the Qur'an to enter fully into our deen and not partly:

O believers enter into Islam completely and do not follow the footsteps of Shaitan, surely he is your clear-cut enemy.... (Surah Al-Baqara, Ayah 208-210)

So then will we not make Islam a FULL part of our lives? This is our best opportunity and if we don't take it and death comes to us then surely we will regret it for ETERNITY!

And Allah knows best in all matters

Search for Lailat al-Qadr in the next few odd numbered nights

Aisha related that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallim) said: Look for Lailat al-Qadr on an odd-numbered night during the last ten nights of Ramadan (Bukhari).

Anas ibn Malik (RA) related that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallim) said: When Lailat al-Qadr comes Gabriel descends with a company of angels who ask for blessings on everyone who is remembering Allah, whether they are sitting or standing (Baihaqi).

We CANNOT afford to miss out on this precious night for it is the reward of 83.3 years of worship! That is longer than most people live! Subhanallah!

[B][U]The Chance to Change Our Lives Forever![/U][/B]

Have you ever felt like having fresh new start again in life? Have you ever wished that all of your past sins were wiped out like you were a new born baby?

Have you ever felt like you just have not done enough for the hereafter and that you have an empty good deed account that needs filling?

Have you also ever wanted to really get closer to Allah and to renew & strengthen your imaan (faith)?

Well the next few days are the perfect opportunity for us not only to have a fresh new start again in our lives but to have our entire lifetime sins wiped away like a new born baby and to have our good deed accounts filled!

[B]This opportunity for us is on the Night of power:[/B]

Abu Huraira (RA) narrated that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: [COLOR=red]“Whoever stands (in prayer) in Laylatul Qadr while nourishing his faith with self-evaluation, expecting reward from Allah, [B]will have all of his previous sins forgiven.”[/B] [/COLOR][B](Bukhari and Muslim).[/B]

[B]A night better than a 1000 months:[/B]

So valuable is this Night of Power that the Quran devotes a special surah to it [COLOR=red]“Lailatul Qadr is better than a thousand months” [/COLOR][B][97:3][/B]

This one night surpasses the value of 30,000 nights. The most authentic account of the occurrence of the Night indicates that it can occur on any one of the last ten, odd numbered nights of Ramadan, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29.

[B]Worship on all odd numbered nights:[/B]

Therefore we should strive to stay up at least on the odd numbered nights of the last ten days. If we can't manage that then we should at least search for this night on 27th.

Surely if we really want to find this most blessed night then we should pray on all of the last ten odd nights of Ramadan and gain forgiveness of an entire lifetime of sins and rewards of over 83 YEARS OF WORSHIP! Subhanallah! Most of us will not even live upto such an age!

[B]This could be our last chance![/B]

There is NO guarantee we will be alive next Ramadan. How many of us know of muslims who have passed away this year and did not make it to Ramadan? How can we guarantee that we will be alive next year to see another Ramadan?

So CANNOT miss this one opportunity to change our lives forever. If we ever wanted to have a fresh start and get ALL of our sins wiped out then this is our chance.

If we ever wanted to gain immense rewards to fill up our good deed accounts then this is our chance.

If we ever wanted the chance to renew & strengthen our imaan (faith) and get closer to Allah then this is our chance!

So we CANNOT afford to miss this opportunity for we may never get this chance again!

[B]When are the odd numbered nights?[/B]

[B]In the UK:[/B] 21st night has already gone.

23rd Night is on Monday 22nd August from Maghrib until Suhur.

25th Night is on Wednesday 24th of August.

27th Night is on Friday 26th of August.

29th night is on Sunday 28th of August.

So we should make a commitment to worship on all of the odd numbered nights with full hope of mercy and forgiveness from Allah and the hope of reward.

We should also make a firm commitment to Allah that we will change ourselves for the better forever.

If we walk towards Allah then he will run towards us!

May Allah enable us to make the best of the last 10 days & nights of Ramadan and may he enable us to gain the maximum rewards from this auspicious night. Ameen

Tonight could be Laylatul Qadr as it is the 25th night. Tuesday night will be the 27th and Thursday night will be the 29th.

So let us make the best of these short easy nights in order to gain over a lifetime (83 years) of reward and entire lifetime of forgiveness! Subhanallah how generous and merciful is Allah who looks for every excuse to reward and forgive us. Those of us who miss out are the biggest losers and surely we will be in utter regret on the day of judgement.

Therefore this is the best opportunity to change our lives for the better forever!

May Allah bless you, you hv no idea how much i've inshAllah benefited from this thread. jzk khair

[B]The 27th Night of Laylatul Qadr is TONIGHT![/B] [B]The Majority of scholars believe Laylatul Qadr will fall on the 27th Night

[/B][COLOR=#ff0000]"Verily this month has come to you where there is a night better than a 1000 Months. Whosoever is deprived of it, is deprived of all good; and none is deprived of its good except a totally unfortunate person    ”.[/COLOR] [B](Ibn Majah)[/B]

[COLOR=#FF0000]
"Whosoever stands up (in prayer) on the Night of Power out of faith &  hopeful of reward, all his past sins will be forgiven."[/COLOR] [B](Targhib)
[/B]
How unfortunate is the person who misses out on such a blessed night where on can gain over 83 years of worship reward which is more than an average lifetime and an entire lifetime of sins forgiven!

The Majority of scholars believe this night will fall on the 27th night of Ramadan. The night comes before the day so the night will be from Maghrib on the 26th day of Ramadan until Fajr.

So let us not miss out on worshipping Allah on this blessed night lest we be of the unfortunate ones who will be in utter regret for eternity!

The final Hurdle. 29th Laylatul Qadr tonight!

We must do our utmost to worship Allah as much as possible during the remaining days and nights of Ramadan. What an opportunity we have been given to gain rewards of more than a persons average life and to gain an entire lifetime of forgiveness for our sins.

Therefore let us cry to Allah and beg of him for mercy and forgiveness. Let us ask of him to help and guide us and to enable us to become closer to him and to do everything to please him and refrain from anything which may anger and displease him.

Let us not waste any time as these seconds are way too precious to waste. We have an opportunity of changing our lives forever so we must make a firm commitment to Allah TONIGHT! That we will be firm and steadfast in ALL of our prayers and that we will try our utmost to do everything to please him and for him to detach our hearts from this dunya (world) so that we may work for the hereafter and work to please Allah in everything that we do. We will slip and fall but so what? We are created to slip and fall. That is why we repent and Allah loves those who repent sincerely with utter remorse and regret.

So my brothers and sisters we CANNOT wait to change tomorrow but the change MUST be TONGHT! Then after that we will see a change in our lives we never thought possible and we will have something to live for and focus on. We will have a true purpose and that will be ONLY to worship Allah and to please him as his pleasure in this life and the next is MUCH better than Paradise and everything it contains.

Ibn Rajab al Hanbali (Ra) said:

"O you who has wasted years of his life, there is nothing that will amend those lost and wasted years except for the night of Al-Qadr, for verily its value is equivalent to that of a lifetime." [Lata'if al-Ma'aarif, p.191]