THE LETS TALK SHOW BY THE REVIVAL

310 posts / 0 new
Last post

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
salaam

the shaykh was great
some ppl after the show came to the studio and thought i was disrespectful towards him! was I ?

all our shows are recorded- even last years aswell. im in process of putting em on cd and they will all be on the new site that is being done.

good news- shaykh Ibrahim will come on board with The Revival. He will write for us and answer questions.

Very good! One question: Does he look like Craig Charles?

re: if you were disrespectful or not.

You were asking question after question, from all different angles, and were not satisfied with any areas vagueness in his answers. This was highly commendable! Many people treat Sheikhs/Imams too respectfully, in my experience (nothing wrong with a lot of respect, but there is still a point where it goes into excess). I've lost count of the number of times when someone at the mosque/an event has asked a really difficult question, only for people to shout at him/her for 'trying to trip up the imam' and then not answer the question fully. This misses the point IMO, because there ARE a few questions which are complicated, but still nee clarifying.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
TheRevivalEditor wrote:
salaam

the shaykh was great
some ppl after the show came to the studio and thought i was disrespectful towards him! was I ?

all our shows are recorded- even last years aswell. im in process of putting em on cd and they will all be on the new site that is being done.

good news- shaykh Ibrahim will come on board with The Revival. He will write for us and answer questions.

Very good! One question: Does he look like Craig Charles?

re: if you were disrespectful or not.

You were asking question after question, from all different angles, and were not satisfied with any areas vagueness in his answers. This was highly commendable! Many people treat Sheikhs/Imams too respectfully, in my experience (nothing wrong with a lot of respect, but there is still a point where it goes into excess). I've lost count of the number of times when someone at the mosque/an event has asked a really difficult question, only for people to shout at him/her for 'trying to trip up the imam' and then not answer the question fully. This misses the point IMO, because there ARE a few questions which are complicated, but still nee clarifying.

thanks

just heard the recording...ohhhhh myyyyyyyyyyy godddddddddd!!!!!!!!! i sound like a right scally lol

What's a scally?

mashaAllah yesterdays show was top. shaykh ibrahim is ace! and im so happy to hear that he will be working with the revival. u dint come across as disrespectful, you was just making sure the shaykh answered the questions throughly and left nothing unanswered.

Angelic wrote:
What's a scally?

The ones that swear a lot, put thier socks over thier joggies and their hands down their pants!

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Sheikh Ibrahim was brilliant last night, all his answers hit the nail on the head

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

just heard the recording...ohhhhh myyyyyyyyyyy godddddddddd!!!!!!!!! i sound like a right scally lol

naaaaa u sounded v professional saj!
n good questions, I liked how u didnt shy away from juicy subjects!

salaam

tonights show is about War on Terror & the Middle East
Guests are Dr Jhanghir and Saad Ajmal from The Revival.

pls tune in, phone or text in

wasalaam

pssst... is it just me or is the show a lil em (thinking of a polite word to describe it) .. em dead?

naah i think death is too strong... hmm what abt unconcious?

great questions and good callers, i have to say!

tonights show is on the POLICE

we have 2 guests:
Sergeant Yusuf Dar from the Greater Manchester Police who is the current Chair of the Greater Manchester Muslim Police Association

Umar Butt- Very Anti-Police. Brother of Manchester 'extremist' Hassan Butt.

shud be a good discussion

pls phone/text in

wasalaam

wednesday here wrote:
pssst... is it just me or is the show a lil em (thinking of a polite word to describe it) .. em dead?

You might not want to be too honest. It wont serve you well.

wednesday wrote:
TheRevivalEditor wrote:
tonights show is on the POLICE

oooooo something different ... cool (with a 'k')

:shock: pretty frisky (i likie!)

it was one heck of a show last night

sergeant v someone who was very very anti-police
show was full of calls till 1am and incredible amount of texts

all in all ver succesful show alhamdulillah

TONIGHTS SHOW IS Q & A WITH SHAYKH SALIM GHISA
SO PHONE IN OR TEXT UR QUESTIONS.

wednesday wrote:
Naz wrote:
wednesday here wrote:

You might not want to be too honest. It wont serve you well.

what? :?

Dont matter

admin can you record todays show?

Noor wrote:

one heck of a Q & A session
so no one tuned in here?

all the shows are recorded and will be put on line after ramadam imshallah

i tuned in for like errrm 30 minutes and then i had to do something.

whats topic for tonights show?

Noor wrote:
i tuned in for like errrm 30 minutes and then i had to do something.

whats topic for tonights show?

well it was supposed to be sexual abuse n domestic violence but guests backed out so we had to re-arrange. so as a last minute replacement the topic will be Muslim Role in Society. As we have no guests its vital you all phone in Smile

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Noor wrote:

one heck of a Q & A session
so no one tuned in here?

all the shows are recorded and will be put on line after ramadam imshallah

I heard all of the Q & A show last night and I must say it was fantastic! Blum 3 The best show so far. And the Shayke as ever was really good mashallah. And Ed made sure all questions were answered fully leaving nothing out.
I look forward to the next Q & A show. Will definitely tune in and recommend everyone else does too. Smile

Quite a few ppl were on line at the time yesterday, so I'm sure others heard it too.

q&as are always top, you cant go wrong.

Yep, but I think what makes this show really good is the fact that the Shayke will answer anything and everything and in a manner which is just so easy to understand and appreciate.

so what's pinned up for today?

wednesday here wrote:
so what's pinned up for today?

Anti-Social behaviour & Gangsterism

anti social behaviour & gangsterism show- very good, had 2 excellent guests who work in this field

last nights show on Laylat ul Qadr- we had Imam Manzoor Shakir an dhe was great. discussing everything to do with th enight, purifying your soul, gaining taqwa etc

TONIGHTS SHOW IS ANOTHER Q & A. SO PLS PHONE IN OR TEXT YOUR QUESTIONS.

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

Whats the number? Ill text in.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
TheRevivalEditor wrote:

tune in at 11pm and the text number will be read out many times
number is: 07754 362 783
even better phone in 0161 626 14 44

its 106.7FM or tune in here:

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
TheRevivalEditor wrote:

tune in at 11pm and the text number will be read out many times
number is: 07754 362 783
even better phone in 0161 626 14 44

its 106.7FM or tune in here:

Imams finished the Quran at mosque, so in theory Tarawee prayer should be real short. And therefore i can listen in and participate.

Back in BLACK

Why is this guy obsessed with this topic??

He's rang in 2/3 times.

Back in BLACK

Pages