THE LETS TALK SHOW BY THE REVIVAL

Salaam

The Lets Talk Show By The Revival is back again this year. Its a discussion show on 106.7FM and can be heard on

Every Thursday , Fri, Sat and sunday from 11pm

You can phone in, text in, email but mainly PHONE in.

Tonights show is on OUR Identity, Friday is Extremism and Saturday is on Drugs.

Tune in and take part

Wassallaam

PAKISTAN ZINDABAAD

LMAO

Biggrin

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

I rang in. (more on the chat bit - on here and on mashalradio.com)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

which one was you?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Not the last guy!

("Brother Naeem")

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

which one was u?

what did yaa say?

whats the text number?

their accents are sooo strong!

No idea what the text number is.

I was (I think) the second call on the show - saying sikhs also have beards, and that I would NOT wear a jilbab!

eds on about integration once again!

Noor wrote:
eds on about intergration once again!

I noticed... he loves the topic. It don't help that I more or less disagree with everything on there...

fwiw, "Integration" is being part of the community, be that voluntary work, paid work, your job or even just being there.

Ed i like ur accent

i wud ring in but 2 late
maybe 2morow
good show thou
u guys argue too much thou Lol

what i thinkkkkkkkkkkk thouuu ill tell uuu

religion comes first, nationality comes afterwards
if i were 2 introduce maself in terms of nationality, i wud say ima british pakistani.. was born and bred here etc..

and anyway, identity is so that people can recognise each other.. ofcourse u can be british and muslim at the same time..

about that guy who rang in saying sumthin about how can u be muslim and be friends wid jews.. ALRIGHT THEN :roll:

i wud say that u SHUD befriend ppl of other religions so u can spread the word of islam to them...

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

Noor wrote:
admin ring in.

Surely, I can't gate-crash the same show twice?

THey had no answers the first time round and just brushed the issue under the carpet... especially the point of "Salman Farsi".

oh, that was you.

ofcourse you can. i'm getting bored of the same old voices!

Noor wrote:
admin ring in.

NOOR YOU RING IN..!!!!!!!

Noor wrote:
not impressed.

Why not?

Now that the show is over, I can say I disagrees with the vast majority of what was said.

its a talk show
everyone has right to their own view
theres no black n white on this issue

i agreed with admins view when he phoned....
yes we did argue... and i did lose my rag a few times...ah well thats normal for me Smile

tonights show is on extremism
with dr janghir as guest
i wont be there but the other brothers will be

try phoning in the rest of u !

Can that be heard nationally? The last thing I want is to go and find out that Original Radio is coming on that frequency.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Try visiting the linked website.

@ Ed - I was wondering what took you so long to properly tackle what that guy was saying...

As for some of your generalisations... almost borderline racist. Brother Zahid must have had a heart attack or two when you started speaking. Blum 3

You wrote:
Try visiting the linked website.

@ Ed - I was wondering what took you so long to properly tackle what that guy was saying...

As for some of your generalisations... almost borderline racist. Brother Zahid must have had a heart attack or two when you started speaking. Blum 3

What u on about generalisation lol

i have been accused by some ppl of being very aggressive and even picking on the new brother! is that how it came across as that wasnt my intention.

no, you started too slow in challenging him, let him get away with murder.

However, later on everyone piled up on him at once, and when he made a valid point (A paid job is still integrating into the community. "Integration" is not something you should have to go out of your way to do.), he was still criticised.

It was just a little uneven and if he had been challenged at the right places, it would have felt less like victimisation, more like proper debate.

Then again, he did not help himself when making strong arguments without considering what they meant - which forced him to do a lot of back-pedaling later on.

But what he said, it needed to be challenged (and that is coming from me - someone who does not care about this topic at all). Otherwise I would not have rang in - he was getting away with way too much. (don't know how it seemed to others, but I felt that I tied knots around Bro Irfan too. Friendly tip - do not argue with he caller. Get the point from the caller then get rid. THEN discuss that point in the studio in a semi intellectually informed manner.)

PS Pakistanis chew paan too.

You wrote:
no, you started too slow in challenging him, let him get away with murder.

However, later on everyone piled up on him at once, and when he made a valid point (A paid job is still integrating into the community. "Integration" is not something you should have to go out of your way to do.), he was still criticised.

It was just a little uneven and if he had been challenged at the right places, it would have felt less like victimisation, more like proper debate.

Then again, he did not help himself when making strong arguments without considering what they meant - which forced him to do a lot of back-pedaling later on.

But what he said, it needed to be challenged (and that is coming from me - someone who does not care about this topic at all). Otherwise I would not have rang in - he was getting away with way too much. (don't know how it seemed to others, but I felt that I tied knots around Bro Irfan too. Friendly tip - do not argue with he caller. Get the point from the caller then get rid. THEN discuss that point in the studio in a semi intellectually informed manner.)

PS Pakistanis chew paan too.

i tackled his statement after 5 mins...i dunno what you were listening to

but anyway...

im hoping we get some callers from the forum here!

i didn't really hear the 'debate', all you could hear is raised voices and doggy accents!

and ed, plz, for pete sake MOVE ON FROM INTEGRATION!

Noor wrote:
i didn't really hear the 'debate', all you could hear is raised voices and doggy accents!

and ed, plz, for pete sake MOVE ON FROM INTEGRATION!

ermmm... the topic was about identity which included integration lol

the discussion was a bit crap i agree

i aint really listening. someone ring in.

Only listened to the last half hour and my god its embarrassingly bad. They have no clue what they are on about!

Guys, do some preparation next time!

aye.

i hope future shows are not like this. dont think i'll be tuning in!

oh lord! what are they on about now!

i feel like ringing in and putting that guy who says we cant be friends with jews straight! was so close yesterday.

Pages