THE LETS TALK SHOW BY THE REVIVAL

310 posts / 0 new
Last post

Go Noor Go!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

how rude! they just cut him off!

Spam call I think... if he don't even know what the topic is, why would he be calling in to comment?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i popped in for half hour yest - said my bit then had to go.....
i didnt hear the show after that

its easy for u arm chair critics
most of you dont have courage to even phone up lol- so spare a thought for guys who are in the studio....its easy to write sarcastic comments on a forum but not easy discussing sensitive issues when put on the spot. Rather than just moaning give positive suggestions, or phone in!

dr janghir is excellent so i dunno what ur on about

todays show is drugs
i wont be there....im in leicester, derby n bham today distributing revivals!! wahey!

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

most of you dont have courage to even phone up lol- so spare a thought for guys who are in the studio....its easy to write sarcastic comments on a forum but not easy discussing sensitive issues when put on the spot. Rather than just moaning give positive suggestions, or phone in!

tell me about it!!!
its hard work doing a radio show u know!
beeen theree

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

xSmurfy786x wrote:

tell me about it!!!

O come off it.

Here is a list of successful radio presenters:

Chris Evans
Chris Moyles
Tony Blackburn

If it was so difficult, how on earth would they manage it?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Chris Evans- he was good for a time but now hes a nobody
Chris Moyles- when he has nothing to say he just takes the mick out of his ownself and the song he plays
Tony Blackburn- never heard of him so he isnt that successfull

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

xSmurfy786x wrote:
TheRevivalEditor wrote:

tell me about it!!!
beeen theree

try setting up your own!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

i just went on it an it was in urdu it think

Behold...Me!

Bro Zahid knows how to present!

Not a car crash, but they do not seem to be discussing the topic (drugs?) either.

PS AFAIK "Convert" is the right term.

You wrote:
PS AFAIK "Convert" is the right term.

why?

'Revert' doesn't seem correct to me.

I know we are all 'born as a Muslim', but that is 'Muslim' the verb not 'Muslim' the noun.

If someone goes from being a non-believer to being a Muslim, then they have 'converted'. That is because they have never been a 'Muslim' (noun) before in their life. If they then become an apostate and go back to their original belief, THEN they are a revert.

Born "pure", not Muslim.

Pure is equated by many to Muslim, but it is not the same. A while back, (I think) MuslimBro made a post where actually asked a scholar who said convert was the more correct term.

Babies and animals are 'Muslim' in as much as they submit to the will of Allah (swt). They don't act on 'free will', but by what some call 'natural instinct'.

The northern accents are SO funny saying Arabic words masha'Allah!

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing.

ok... the show was not an embarrassment. Which is disappointing as I recorded it with the intent of sending the recording to 'Ed to get a "proper evaluation" after his previous defensiveness.

Maybe we (well, I) can blame the first two shows on "rust"?

Noor wrote:
oh lord! what are they on about now!

i feel like ringing in and putting that guy who says we cant be friends with jews straight! was so close yesterday.

Was he a caller or part of the panel? As far as I know you live around Oldham, correct me if I'm wrong, you should phone in.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

You wrote:
ok... the show was not an embarrassment. Which is disappointing as I recorded it with the intent of sending the recording to 'Ed to get a "proper evaluation" after his previous defensiveness.

Maybe we (well, I) can blame the first two shows on "rust"?

tbh i usually put in alot of effort in shows in terms of questions, research, guests etc... but the first two shows i had no time to do any of it...which i think became evident Smile

but next weeks shows will inshallah be more like the high quality shows we have produced the last 5 years or so

also i have lost interet in radio shows as i have been doing it for so long

after ramadan we will be starting doing The Lets Talk Show on KBC (Kashmir Broadcasting Coperation) channel on Sky 836
so its time for the revival to move on to TV...

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

after ramadan we will be starting doing The Lets Talk Show on KBC (Kashmir Broadcasting Coperation) channel on Sky 836

thats if anyone watches that channel.

Back in BLACK

I heard the show in full last night and thought it was really good. Good guests and Br. Zahid Maqbool is a really good presenter.

It is a lot of hard work and I really admire anybody who does anything on the radio in this busy month.
I know how hectic and tiring I found it so I think these ppl are just fantastic and really good examples to us all. I was soooo tired Thursday and Friday night to even stay up and listen, never mind these ppl actually doing the show at that time. May Allah swt reward everyone's efforts inshallah. And may they all continue to do what they're doing.

Personally, I love Ramadan radio! For me it helps create that whole atmosphere in Ramadan, which seems less and less apparent each year. I just wish I had more time to actually listen to more stuff. Some shows I really benefit from.

What topic is The Lets Talk Show covering tonight?

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

Waheeeeyyyyyy!!

This would have to very organised which inshallah it will be.
And hopefully it'll be on a Sunday when most ppl are off and so we can all watch it!

salaam

The next 4 shows on The Lets Talk Show:

Thursday: Sectarianism & Unity
Guests: 3/4 local brothers from differentt mosques/sects/groups

Friday: Drugs
Guest: Sister Jamilla, expert on dealing with drug abuse

Saturday: Mosques & Imams
Guest: Shaykh Salim Ghisa

Sunday: Misconceptions about Islam
Guest: Shaykh Ibrahim Ossi-Effa from Liverpool

Tune in on-line at
Phone in or text in your views.

wasalaam

It does here. What you playing it in?

if there are troubles, save to your desktop and open with a media player.

I've just realised why the sudden interest from Admin this year Blum 3

Mashallah, great stuff.

Pages