THE LETS TALK SHOW BY THE REVIVAL

310 posts / 0 new
Last post

no no no .... don't lock the thread (altho i do understand why you're suggesting such a thing) ... leave the thread and it's up to the members to use it apropriately lol

Weren't we discussing last night's topic???

In an open and friendly way (even though we disagreed)???

Isn't the whole point about sectarianism is their needs to be open dialogue and mutual understanding???

How does locking a thread do this???

Shame on you, Ed. Banging on about no topic being taboo...unless it suits you!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
Funzo wrote:
it was quranic verse wrapped in cloth.

What's it for?

You can't really read it if it's wrapped around your head.

not around the head around the neck sort of like this:
Hazrat Malik ibn Anas said: To hang writings of Allah's Names upon oneself is permitted for healing and blessing but not for protection against the evil eye [see Abu Hayyan, Tafsir al bahr al-muhit 6:74].

Hazrat Abd Allah ibn `Amr used to hang a protective invocation taught by the Prophet around the necks of his young children. (Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi - hasan)

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Ya'qub wrote:
Weren't we discussing last night's topic???

In an open and friendly way (even though we disagreed)???

Isn't the whole point about sectarianism is their needs to be open dialogue and mutual understanding???

How does locking a thread do this???

Shame on you, Ed. Banging on about no topic being taboo...unless it suits you!

im fasting other wise i would answer you as your post deserves!

Sumaiya wrote:
what time does in air?

it's on air now, plum

wednesday wrote:
plum

That is the worst compliment/insult I have heard.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

what abt cherry blossom?

do you know what? today's talk is good! (i missed yesterdays so i won't know anything abt it) and quite 'popular'

i texted in.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:
i texted in.

i know you did! but i missed it, what was it that you said?

nothing special just what the quran says about alcohol.

Funzo wrote:
i texted in.

Funzo, what's the text number?

Imaani wrote:
Funzo wrote:
i texted in.

Funzo, what's the text number?

Live Studio: 0161 626 1444
Text Messages: 07754 362 783

Imaani wrote:
Thank you Wednesday. Smile

you're very welcome dear

Imaani wrote:
Thank you Wednesday. Smile

did you then?

Funzo wrote:
Noor wrote:
acchaa. im bored

someone ring in.

go on funzo, you're pretty sectarian

i dont have a sect, im on the fence.

i think you decided it for me.

good work ed! pretty clean and u read out all of me texts wohoo! so why did you choose sister X instead of a brother Y?

wednesday here wrote:
good work ed! pretty clean and u read out all of me texts wohoo! so why did you choose sister X instead of a brother Y?

Am I 'brother Y'?

Ya'qub wrote:
wednesday here wrote:

Am I 'brother Y'?

yes, i thought you knew!

wednesday here wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
wednesday here wrote:

Am I 'brother Y'?

yes, i thought you knew!

Why am I brother Y?

Ya'qub wrote:
wednesday here wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
wednesday here wrote:

Am I 'brother Y'?

yes, i thought you knew!

Why am I brother Y?

because your name begins with a 'Y' and you have the male chromosome XY and any other reason that you may want to add to the list...

the most productive show so far. well done Smile

I thought the show on drugs last night was the best yet. Really good mashallah.

Mashallah both sisters were really good choices for guests. Having a girl as an ex drugs user was quite different and IMO really helped hit the message home, as most ppl associtae drug use with lads.

I texted in, and must say having Ed reading out the texts was a good idea. From past experience, Br Zahid Maqbool and Br. Irfan Khan tend to read them out wrong! Smile

Anyway, really good show. Biggrin

okay im listening to it now, which ones ed?

Behold...Me!

Sumaiya wrote:
okay im listening to it now, which ones ed?

the one who's asking alot of questions

whoa, hes got a strong asian accent!

Behold...Me!

Mashallah I thought the show last night on Mosques and Imams was really good.

Shaykhe Salim Ghisa is fantastic. Listening to him on the show last night made me feel proud to be a Muslim. The Muslim Ummah so needs more inspiring active ppl like him. He is sooo knowledgeable and I'm so happy he's involved with The Revival magazine.

I look forward to future shows with him on.

Pages