THE LETS TALK SHOW BY THE REVIVAL

310 posts / 0 new
Last post

It is probably best to not use the word "holy". It is vague at best.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:

err no, the graves of the sahaba are also holy.

Err... proof?

The sahaba were humans, they weren't divine.

did i say they weren't humans?

Noor wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:

Err... proof?

By saying that their graves were 'holy', it means that it is not 'profane'.

Profane means of 'this world', 'holy' means divine.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
The only way is up... or only allow a few people to get visas every year (and imagine that with corruption that only rich people could get them) and then none of us get to go!

so be it. whats a bit of walking in comparison to adab.

Huh? What is not being able to go at all?

what?

people have managed before, whats new?

Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:

Err... proof?

ok thanks for that english lesson. well my belief is that it is very disrespectful to do your business on a grave of a sahabi.

Ya'qub wrote:

As I have said "holy" is a vague term (when it comes to Muslims use it).

Terminology is important people!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Noor wrote:

ok thanks for that english lesson. well my belief is that it is very disrespectful to do your business on a grave of a sahabi.

Wherever you do your business it is probably on the grave of someone. There are 124,000 prophets and so their sahabas' graves will be everywhere around the world. If you do your business in Britain and it goes through the sewers it goes into the sea which is the grave of lots of people!

The toilets around the haram are not 'on graves', because they are underground and the graves which were there have been dug up/moved.

Noor wrote:
ya'qub..

you wob!

lol.. i think you lot had a betta convo here then the station.. n e ways ppl get some sleep before sehri

Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:

Wherever you do your business it is probably on the grave of someone. There are 124,000 prophets and so their sahabas graves will be everywhere around the world. If you do your business in Britain and it goes through the sewers it goes into the sea which is the grave of lots of people!

The toilets around the haram are not 'on graves', because they are underground and the graves which were there have been dug up/moved.

:roll:

Noor wrote:
ya'qub..

you wob!

I have no idea what that means... but I strongly object anyway!

Thanks for the rolling eyes btw, you've been very patient at not using them for ages, and I seem to have finally pee'd you off enough!

oh not at all. not peed of the slightest. used that smiley because i couldn't be bothered to type, honestly.

anyway peeps, don't take my posts seriously. i dont even no what i've been saying/writting!

it was also the house of khadija and the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) .. so they had no right! wheres the love of islam gone

Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:
ya'qub..

you wob!

wob
wobbler
=
wahabi

brolly
brillo
=
brelvi

Anonymous11 wrote:
it was also the house of khadija and the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) .. so they had no right! wheres the love of islam gone

people might start worshiping the house :roll:

but its an endless topic .. so tc guys

Anonymous11 wrote:

???

In london, they put blue plaques on houses where famous people used to live.

But I don't see any Islamic precedent for doing similar things to houses of Prophets/Sahabas.

They have houses in Paradise now, why would they need them on earth? It doesn't mean in any way that you love Allah (swt) or the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) any less. Why do you need physical things?

Nothing on earth could ever contain Allah (swt), except the heart of a believer.

For me Islam is an internal religion. External things just block out/dilute the connection to Allah (swt). Even the ka'bah can do this. I saw people hugging it and holding it tightly as if it would fly off and take them directly to Paradise.

Noor wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:
ya'qub..

you wob!

wob
wobbler
=
wahabi

Do you mean a follower of al-Wahhab (swt)? Then yes I am, because al-Wahhab is the Bestower.

If you mean a guy called abdul-Wahhab from Arabia 100 years or so back, then no, I've never even read any of his books so how can I be?

Ya'qub wrote:
Do you mean a follower of al-Wahhab (swt)? Then yes I am, because al-Wahhab is the Bestower.

If you mean a guy called abdul-Wahhab from Arabia 100 years or so back, then no, I've never even read any of his books so how can I be?

I think it was an attempt at humour.

Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:
ya'qub..

you wob!

wob
wobbler
=
wahabi

oh yaq'ub, you're so boring. kill the topic why dont you!

Noor wrote:
O ya'qub..

*sighs*

Does that mean you don't have a comeback, because you've been startled by my logic. If so I don't think a sigh is not quite correct. It should be a gasp.

If you meant that I am 'so lost and I am not seeing clearly', then please explain where I have got it so wrong.

Thank you

You wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

I think it was an attempt at humour.

attempt? err no admin i wasnt trying to be funny. didnt even cross my mind.

lol, like i said, dont take my posts seriously!

???

As for the buildings, I think it would have been nice if they were still around. Heritage is important. and it would have been nice to see where/how things were. They had been preserved for over 1300 years, so a few more would have been nice.

Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:
O ya'qub..

*sighs*

Does that mean you don't have a comeback, because you've been startled by my logic. If so I don't think a sigh is not quite correct. It should be a gasp.

If you meant that I am 'so lost and I am not seeing clearly', then please explain where I have got it so wrong.

Thank you

oh lord.

Noor wrote:

oh lord.

Please don't call me that.

This isn't gonna end well is it?

I can see the headlines.

"It was epic - the victor."

(not Victor)

Ya'qub wrote:
They have houses in Paradise now, why would they need them on earth? It doesn't mean in any way that you love Allah (swt) or the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) any less. Why do you need physical things?

Nothing on earth could ever contain Allah (swt), except the heart of a believer.

For me Islam is an internal religion. External things just block out/dilute the connection to Allah (swt). Even the ka'bah can do this. I saw people hugging it and holding it tightly as if it would fly off and take them directly to Paradise.

why is riyadh ul jannah where it is and why is a piece of heaven?

why is the minbar of the prophet saw so important? even Allah swt loves that place? why? they are physical object.

Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:

oh lord.

Please don't call me that.

i have no intention of doing so

Noor wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

why is riyadh ul jannah where it is and why is a piece of heaven?

why is the minbar of the prophet saw so important? even Allah swt loves that place? why? they are physical object.

Because humans are weak and many require physical objects to help them focus in worship. E.g. prayer beads. They are a way of counting the Divine Properties (which are limitless)

It doesn't mean they're necessary for true belief. Personally I think they can be a hindrance. Anyone who has tried to kiss the black stone (which is a sunnah) and being elbowed in the ribs and pushed aggressively (which is haram) can see clearly that attachment to anything (even if it is recommended by the Prophet (saw)) can subvert the human heart away from its ultimate purpose.

Pages