Jilbaabis are so beautiful

256 posts / 0 new
Last post

PrincessMuslimah wrote:
Less is More Smile

? explain plz

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Ocean wrote:

Little girls are being taught to view themselves as sexual objects that must be covered up from an early age

eh?

The very sight of a little girl in a scarf is both disturbing and confusing. Adult Muslim women are expected to dress modestly so that men outside the family cannot see their bodies. But what is the point of a child or pre-pubescent girl wearing a hijab? It hints at what may be a disturbed (one is tempted to say diseased) concept of sexuality in the mind of the father who thinks his little girl should be covered up. What exactly is tempting about the body of an eight-year-old that needs to be covered?

Poor guy's confused, someone help him understand.

To make matters worse, what about the brothers of these girls? Will they not grow up with the same mentality? If they see that their sisters have to be covered up from a very early age to avoid being exposed in front of men, it is only natural that they grow up with the concept that women have to be covered, controlled and restricted

Lol LMAO!!!!

Check out the Author, he looks like a 16 year old boy...

he really does!

quite surprised to see the author was muslim (or had a muslim name anyway) tut tut!

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Truth's_Razors wrote:

Taken from

Shaytaan is such a p.i.t.a!

lol, took me a few secs to work that one out. Yes, he is a p.i.t.a :x

same, lol!

light bulb went of after I read the article, which is pretty good by the way and I can testament to that myself as I wear an abaya as well....abayas rule!

Ocean wrote:
bilan wrote:
Ocean wrote:

Little girls are being taught to view themselves as sexual objects that must be covered up from an early age

eh?

The very sight of a little girl in a scarf is both disturbing and confusing. Adult Muslim women are expected to dress modestly so that men outside the family cannot see their bodies. But what is the point of a child or pre-pubescent girl wearing a hijab? It hints at what may be a disturbed (one is tempted to say diseased) concept of sexuality in the mind of the father who thinks his little girl should be covered up. What exactly is tempting about the body of an eight-year-old that needs to be covered?

Poor guy's confused, someone help him understand.

To make matters worse, what about the brothers of these girls? Will they not grow up with the same mentality? If they see that their sisters have to be covered up from a very early age to avoid being exposed in front of men, it is only natural that they grow up with the concept that women have to be covered, controlled and restricted

Lol LMAO!!!!

Check out the Author, he looks like a 16 year old boy...

he really does!

quite surprised to see the author was muslim (or had a muslim name anyway) tut tut!

And he's a medical student in Alexandria University, one of the best ones out there!

well clearly NOTY if they let this guy in haha. doesnt even knw what hes talking about!

you know what...girls/women/ladies do look pretty when covered but in a respectable way and yeah even if it does make your face stand out more and show the beauty of your eyes and everything but wouldnt you rather have someone look at the beauty of your eyes rather than your body?...
in my own opinion your beauty would show but you will also be respected for the fact that you have the will to cover up...i'll respect you for it defo...
you know what though if your not ready i dont think you should though because i think its worse putting it on and then taking it off but try wearing it for a couple of days maybe a week and see how you feel about it Smile

sorry about the essay Smile

The Wisest of Man Is Not The One Who Knows, But The One Who Seeks Knowledge In Order To Perform

if you can get me some chocolate that would be great.

mush91 wrote:

you know what though if your not ready i dont think you should though because i think its worse putting it on and then taking it off
Yep, thats what I think and am worried about :/ Although I would feel to pressurised from mum and everyone and wouldn't be able to take it off. (They don't see it as just a culture thing but see it as being part of Islam - I mean the actual garment cuz obviously covering up is part of Islam lol)
Quote:

sorry about the essay Smile
LOl don't worry about it, and it was no where near an essay anyway Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

dont wory next time i'll make sure to give you a really really really long essay just for fun which wouldnt have any relevance to the bloody topic MUAHAHA >:)
and lol yeah try it for a couple of days make sure to let the famo know if your not ready and tell them how it is dont be scared about what they say or think because its not them at the end of the day its you....

The Wisest of Man Is Not The One Who Knows, But The One Who Seeks Knowledge In Order To Perform

mush91 wrote:
dont wory next time i'll make sure to give you a really really really long essay just for fun which wouldnt have any relevance to the bloody topic MUAHAHA >:)
Don't you bloody dare! -_- lol
mush wrote:

and lol yeah try it for a couple of days make sure to let the famo know if your not ready and tell them how it is dont be scared about what they say or think because its not them at the end of the day its you....

yep, best thing to do - can't know what it's like without trying it!

thats the spirit
become the ninja that you are Biggrin joke lol
insh'allah you keep to it Smile
im happy that your willing to give it a go though

mush91 wrote:
thats the spirit
become the ninja that you are Biggrin joke lol

hey! I'm not gna be a ninja! ninjas cover their faces too! lol

Quote:

insh'allah you keep to it Smile
im happy that your willing to give it a go though
Thanks! I was thinking earlier today, I would start wearing it after the xmas hols so new year - it would be like a new start and everything. Just realised that would be a whole year since I created this topic :shock:

haha your not serious? Blum 3
why dont you wear proper niqab and everything? but dont like karate chop me after lol

lol check out the ninja mum....she's a gangster trust me lol Blum 3

mush91 wrote:
haha your not serious? Blum 3
why dont you wear proper niqab and everything? but dont like karate chop me after lol

lol check out the ninja mum....she's a gangster trust me lol Blum 3

Those diaries have had a whole forum topic dedicated to them:

lol really....thats funny you know lol
why would you dedicate a forum to them lol?....
and i can no officially imagine you as that mother
beating up her child lol and robbing his phone and yeah! lol

TPOS, dont worry...it wont be that bad... after all, its not like any other piece of garnment, this is something that will please Allah subhanahou wata'ala. so He isnt going to leave you on your own to deal with that, He'll inshallah help you out. after all, we're pretty bias people when it come to ourselves. and pretty undecisive. so its hard to make decisions for ourselves, inshallah you wont have to take it off again.

just remember, clear your intention and remember who you're doing this for. and remember... ME!!!!! text me anytime!!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

what do you guys make of this ayah?

[qs:33:59]

their veils= jalaabihinna

hinna is the "their (feminin,plural)

so, veils = jalaab.

Arabic is a root verb sort of language.

The scholars in the past have translated the jilbaab as any look clothing that covers what needs to be covered and not limited to just the noun "jilbaab" which can have a changed meaning over time as I have read somewhere that the current jilbaab preferred in saudi is not actually what the jilbaab was back in the day...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Ocean wrote:
I have a Q regarding Ayahs that "command" or strongly advise you to do something and then it ends with "Allah is the Forgiver, The Most Merciful." Why is that?

Possibly to reiterate how limited our understanding is, meaning we might get it wrong, but then at the end of the day, trying our best is enough and Allah's the judge and he's 'most merciful'?

Or maybe as a motivational force, to remind us that we (should) love Him, as well as just obeying him?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Ocean wrote:
MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
Ocean wrote:
I have a Q regarding Ayahs that "command" or strongly advise you to do something and then it ends with "Allah is the Forgiver, The Most Merciful." Why is that?

Possibly to reiterate how limited our understanding is, meaning we might get it wrong, but then at the end of the day, trying our best is enough and Allah's the judge and he's 'most merciful'?

Or maybe as a motivational force, to remind us that we (should) love Him, as well as just obeying him?

That's what I think too but that's a bit too obvious no?

Or maybe it's just as simple as it is.

Oops ><

You're probably right and there's more to it, but I can't think of how much deeper it could go, unless maybe it's a Du'a?
Like, say, it's less to do with Allah talking to us, and more to do with us expressing our humility, maybe? Like "We've done our best, but we could be wrong, but You're merciful and Loving so please take pity on us" Kind of thing?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Ocean wrote:
Yep that's another possibility. this is where if you have a personal library full of Islamic Tafseer books would help Blum 3

We were studying the Tafseer of "Bismillah ..." (all of it) and in it Illah (or "Allah") comes first and it's followed by Rahman and Raheem and the lady was mentioning how authoritative and scary "Allah" the name sounds and since it encompasses ALL of Allah's names it is softened up by his other more softer names that relaxes ones mind.

I was just wondering if it was the same thing here too?

I think it's for trying-your-best bit too but I don't know everything I do is now a Bid'ah :/

Yeah would be useful, though they always look a bit scary.

Thats really interesting actually, Makes sense. It could be, which is basically what we said to begin with, to soften the harshness of the direct command?

You what? :S Why is it?

tell ur biology techer that his mum and sisters without a jilbaab present more of hazard 2 mankind than ur jilbaab does in the biology lesson.

People often mistake Virtue with Honour
Virtue is what we do
Honour is how we do it.

the master calligrapher wrote:
tell ur biology techer that his mum and sisters without a jilbaab present more of hazard 2 mankind than ur jilbaab does in the biology lesson.

lol (how would you back that up)

also when you're replying to a comment which isn't near the most recent one, click on the "quote" button instead of the reply button. Smile

MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
Ocean wrote:
Yep that's another possibility. this is where if you have a personal library full of Islamic Tafseer books would help Blum 3

We were studying the Tafseer of "Bismillah ..." (all of it) and in it Illah (or "Allah") comes first and it's followed by Rahman and Raheem and the lady was mentioning how authoritative and scary "Allah" the name sounds and since it encompasses ALL of Allah's names it is softened up by his other more softer names that relaxes ones mind.

I was just wondering if it was the same thing here too?

I think it's for trying-your-best bit too but I don't know everything I do is now a Bid'ah :/

Yeah would be useful, though they always look a bit scary.

Thats really interesting actually, Makes sense. It could be, which is basically what we said to begin with, to soften the harshness of the direct command?

You what? :S Why is it?

No idea.

Sometimes I think in verses mentioning punishment the words of mercy are after "if the people repent" potentially meaning that the harshest punishments can be reserved to the unrepentant and that forgiveness or leniency is an option.

As for others, no idea. Maybe to say "this may look harsh, but there is more behind it than meets the eye"?

It is a good question to ask a scholar.

Any regulars who attend religious classes wanting to ask this question?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Arabic is a root verb sort of language.

The scholars in the past have translated the jilbaab as any look clothing that covers what needs to be covered and not limited to just the noun "jilbaab" which can have a changed meaning over time as I have read somewhere that the current jilbaab preferred in saudi is not actually what the jilbaab was back in the day...

please, links?

@Ocean, what ayah would you like the tafseer of? the one i posted?

lol (how would you back that up)

also when you're replying to a comment which isn't near the most recent one, click on the "quote" button instead of the reply button. Smile

2 me thats just common sense.and thanx for the tip, am not that good with computers.

Virtue is what we do
Honour is how we do it.

2 me thats just common sense.

To you it might be, but not to the person you're saying it too. It would be seen as rude, racist, silly etc.

Quote:
and thanx for the tip, am not that good with computers.
no probs Smile

2 me thats just common sense.

To you it might be, but not to the person you're saying it too. It would be seen as rude, racist, silly etc.

Quote:
and thanx for the tip, am not that good with computers.
no probs Smile

if had 2 say that 2 some1 in the first place i wouldnt care if they take it as silly racist or rude. The fact that i had 2 stress my point would b the only thing what matters 2 me.

Virtue is what we do
Honour is how we do it.

I think we should all think about how we say things.

E.g If someone did say ^ that to their teacher they wouldn't actually get anything out of it and would make themselves (and other muslims?) look bad. However if they tried re-wording, choosing a different argument etc it could be different.

I think we should all think about how we say things.

E.g If someone did say ^ that to their teacher they wouldn't actually get anything out of it and would make themselves (and other muslims?) look bad. However if they tried re-wording, choosing a different argument etc it could be different.

i just say what i feel, am not a diplomatic type of person, i just tell it how it is. although u are right.

Virtue is what we do
Honour is how we do it.

Hmm, I feel like arguing with the "diplomatic" bit.

Cuz I don't think you should think about pleasing others etc when you're saying something that is true and needs to be said. But just that it should be said in an effective and though-out way? You know what I mean?

am not saying that u are diplomatic, although at present times its good 2 b diplomatic,
am just saying that im not diplomatic, am just ruthless and deadly! where are u from? Im from Nelson.

Virtue is what we do
Honour is how we do it.

Pages