Jilbaabis are so beautiful

256 posts / 0 new
Last post

So far, ive been going out and wearing jilbaab everytime..so good start..
i wear trainers! and i have a lonsdale side bag (Y) Biggrin So none of that matching stuff
these are girly-girly jilbaabis.

i have 4 AND I WANT A BURGUNDY! MY MUM HAS ONE!

if you wear jilbaab you can spend more time in bed/eating breakfast because not much time on choosing clothes. FTW!

Inshallah you'll enjoy wearing it!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:

i have 4 AND I WANT A BURGUNDY! MY MUM HAS ONE!

lol, why don't you share it with her?

and this may seem like a weird question, but do people change their jilbaabs everyday or not?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
..but do people change their jilbaabs everyday or not?

That's like saying, do people change their clothes everyday. Some do and some don't.

i wear my jilbaab until i drop food on it. Or until my mum shouts at me and say ARENT YOU GOING TO WASH THIS?

a bit like my clothes, so yeah, MuslimBro answered this question

our jilbaab are tailor made. So no can do...

i want pockets!

Lilly wrote:
i wear my jilbaab until i drop food on it. Or until my mum shouts at me and say ARENT YOU GOING TO WASH THIS?

a bit like my clothes, so yeah, MuslimBro answered this question

i can't understand why people change they're clothes EVERY day, i mean surely they're not gna smell or get dirty in one day. Seems like such a waste of money - you're probably gna need to buy more clothes, or atleast put the washing machine on more often hence wasting money/electricity/water!! Smile

lilly wrote:
our jilbaab are tailor made. So no can do...
oh i can fit into my mums, they're just slightly short which i don't like but she can fit into my size and it'd look fine lol

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

lets just say... my mum had four kids...

ohh..im on the other extreme...the one where i wear my clothes for ages!

ew you dirty girl! Blum 3

ppl may remember me as the obssesive handwasher. i.e ocd. the only way id wear jilbab more than once is if it was worn for 2-3 hours max one day without the rain mud or any dirt getting on it. But after second wearing it would have to go in the laundry bin, even if it appeared clean. I love the smell of detergent and fabric softeners they are like comforting friends to me lool. i change my regular clothes everyday, and do the same with my kids dirty looking or not. You're right about wastage but i have this psychological problem, that's my excuse.

btw apart from ppl like me who need head examined its ok to wear jilbab more than once it's supposed to be an overgarment, treat it like a coat. But unlike a coat you may not want to wear it for a week, maybe few days if it lasts. I know i'd get cooking smells on it, wouldn't do for me or food i can be soo clumsy when i eat. i've noticed as ive grown up i have those clark kent moments a lot, and sadly for husband its usually in his car, when he's just cleaned it. im usually getting told off not the kids...

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

ew you dirty girl! Blum 3

clothes smelling of me is comforting! ( i acutlalt replied to this earlier, but close the window without saving, i guess the illuminati couldnt do an exception and save it for me..)

and anyway. got nobody to please at home Blum 3

Hajjar wrote:
i have this psychological problem, that's my excuse.

Lol my mums OCD too. i can be OCD about certain things too. When i as little i used to wash my hands after EVERY little thing i did i've stopped doing that now though.

LETS START AN OCD TOPIC!

i prefer the blue bottle of comfort fabric softener, yellow bottle second fave lol

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Hajjar wrote:
i have this psychological problem, that's my excuse.

Lol my mums OCD too. i can be OCD about certain things too. When i as little i used to wash my hands after EVERY little thing i did i've stopped doing that now though.

yeah thats what i did washing hands. If my hands touched sibling or mums when passing food round table id go wash hands. door handles i wouldn't touch cept with a cloth or my own sleeve pulled down. even the taps i couldn't turn them on cept with my elbows if possible or a flannel. i knew it was irrational but took many months before i stopped myself. my hands went raw, anyone who saw them thght i had burntt them or suffering from severe eczema. only when i saw ppls reactions did i start mending my ways. The psycho stage has gone now, but i know im still a little on the obssessive side with cleaning in general.

Hajjar wrote:

door handles i wouldn't touch cept with a cloth or my own sleeve pulled down. even the taps i couldn't turn them on cept with my elbows if possible or a flannel.

I STILL do that - opening door by using sleeves, but mainly doors at school or the toilet room at home! and cuz we've got taps at home that can't be turned on easily using my elbow i open them, then splash some water on them - so they're technically "islamically" pure clean and then wash my hands and feel comfortable when closing the tap too :oops:

For all you people with OCD. If you're out and about and feeling dirty and can't find water, you can carry an anti-bacterial hand lotion in your handbag.

It's not cheap though.

u read my mind. i was looking at those just yesterday in boots. There are cheap mini ones muslimbro starting from 99p. Those ones are for rubbing until hands are dry no water needed. but i expect they wouldnt last very long. i do have sensitive skin though so i have to be careful they may sting my hands..

power of silence u sound as bad as me lol. if i had my own home as oppposed to rented id get those taps with long extensions on them. u know ones in hospitals that doctors use to wash their hands with? they use their elbows on the extension to on and off it lol. i dont use sleeves on my own doors. But public doors or transport would be gloves, tissue or sleeves as last resort. i remember using the london tubes once after seeing a documentary on how dirty they can be, i made sure i had gloves for that trip, and i refused to sit down even though it was pretty empty lol.

Hajjar wrote:
u read my mind. i was looking at those just yesterday in boots. There are cheap mini ones muslimbro starting from 99p.

Really? I was looking for them cheap ones but couldn't find em. I'll check them out. Haven't been in boots for ages. I'm more of an online shopper. Why should I go into a store when I can get the thing delivered to my door. Even after the thing has been delivered, one of my sibling normally carries it to my room. So I'm pretty much sorted Biggrin

Hajjar wrote:
i do have sensitive skin though so i have to be careful they may sting my hands..

I've got dry skin. Whenever I shake hands with a close friend, he always mentions how soft my hands are :oops: Probably from the constant hand lotion I put on.

MuslimBro wrote:

Really? I was looking for them cheap ones but couldn't find em. I'll check them out. Haven't been in boots for ages. I'm more of an online shopper. Why should I go into a store when I can get the thing delivered to my door. Even after the thing has been delivered, one of my sibling normally carries it to my room. So I'm pretty much sorted Biggrin

honestly! some guys!

MuslimBro wrote:

I've got dry skin. Whenever I shake hands with a close friend, he always mentions how soft my hands are :oops: Probably from the constant hand lotion I put on.

LOLL - i'm not even going to start.. ok maybe just oneee thing 'Glove Fulla Vaseline'

I just had to say it

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)

Lol

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

LOL, Grinno [aka truth's_razor]:P

i forgot his name, then had to go google it. Curley.

MuslimBro wrote:

honestly! some guys!

What? I'm training them to do khidmah. It's good tarbiyyah.

Truth's_Razors wrote:
MuslimBro wrote:

LOLL - i'm not even going to start.. ok maybe just oneee thing 'Glove Fulla Vaseline'

I just had to say it

Didn't get the joke :?

LOL i love that book - 'live offa the fatta the lan'!' ok i love it so much i have a lump in my throat! (btw have you seen the film? George is in CSI now!)

MuslimBro wrote:

Of Mice and Men.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

MuslimBro wrote:
MuslimBro wrote:

honestly! some guys!

What? I'm training them to do khidmah. It's good tarbiyyah.

lol :roll:
MuslimBro wrote:

You need to have read 'Of mice and men'

You need to have read 'Of mice and men'

I studied the book in Year 10, and even went to see the play in a theatre.

I can't remember anything from it though.

That Sir is a big shame..

Do you remember curley?

Truth's_Razors wrote:
Do you remember curley?

Erm... is he the big stupid guy with his small clever mate?

No! thats Lennie.
Curley the boss' son, he has a wife called...curley's Wife

MuslimBro wrote:
Truth's_Razors wrote:
Do you remember curley?

Erm... is he the big stupid guy with his small clever mate?

Ok i know i shouldn't be, and that it's just a book, a made up story, but i'm offended at that! (notice the bold and italics for emphasis!) - oh and it's not because you don't know the characters, it's because you called Lennie 'the big stupid guy' Fool

Pages