Jilbaabis are so beautiful

I've been thinking about starting to wear a jibaab but im facing two problems:

• 'am i really "ready" to wear one / "cover up"?'
  • "Is it really better to wear one?"

Concentrating on the second one...

See I think that most young women who wear jilbaabs actually look very pretty - whether they're in all black or have colour co-ordinated hijabs, bags etc.

So I'm thinking does the jilbaab actually add to the beauty?

Is it cuz we can only see their faces so they look better?

Or they actually just pretty?

:S

If people do look better in jilbaabs doesn't it go against the whole point of wearing one? :s

So do you think they are mostly very pretty? (and "why"?)

I think its important guys answer this question too.

jilbaab - is that the one that covers the face?

Another thing to consider - when in rome... you must still fulfil the Islamic requirements, but arabic dress is there to fit the climate of the arab lands.

There is also the question of black - I thought that it was advised to not dress in black?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

did you just call me pretty?

Biggrin

Biggrin

Biggrin

You wrote:

no, that is niqaab.

abaya is one garment.

Quote:
There is also the question of black - I thought that it was advised to not dress in black?

well it's the sunnah of sayidah fatimah (ra) to wear black.

anyway.

the scholars say wear coloured abayas so you blend in society.

I heard that its law in saudi for women to wear black all covering thingymajigs.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

abaya does not make you look pretty.

if you have a pretty face, you are pretty. make up or the way you dress yourself can enhance your looks but it doesn't make you pretty.

you must be surrounded by pretty girls or you think everyone is pretty.

but yes, a lot of jilbabis dress up, colour coordinate their abaya with their hijaabs, bag, shoes etc which makes them look presentable.

abaya is encouraged because it fulfils all the requirements of covering up, it covers your body (the parts that need to be covered), is baggy and not transparent.

you can wear skirts, long dresses, long baggy tops, baggy jeans etc. you don't have to wear the abaya.

if you want to wear it go for it. i don't understand the whole am i ready for it business because it's not something i went through.

wear it, if you like it then stick to it, if not, wear something else.

Noor wrote:
did you just call me pretty?

Biggrin

Biggrin

Biggrin

lol i have to see u to be able to make that comment! Wink Blum 3

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Noor wrote:

you must be surrounded by pretty girls or you think everyone is pretty.

nah not really

Noor wrote:

abaya is encouraged because it fulfils all the requirements of covering up, it covers your body (the parts that need to be covered), is baggy and not transparent.

you can wear skirts, long dresses, long baggy tops, baggy jeans etc. you don't have to wear the abaya.

if you want to wear it go for it. i don't understand the whole am i ready for it business because it's not something i went through.

wear it, if you like it then stick to it, if not, wear something else.

yeah i know its not required but people seem to think its better than wearing those ^ clothes ( :roll: ) even though the abaya is actually just part of the arab culture and not Islam.

So it feels like a much bigger deal than it is.

I like the idea of wearing an abaya cuz its convenient but im not sure i want to wear it all the time, when i go out.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Sis said they're convenient coz u dnt hav to bother gettn dressed up to go out. Just pop it on and away u go.

Back in BLACK

Wow, nice pic Seraphim :o

[color=blue]Never take some one for granted, hold every person close to your Heart because you might wake up one day and realize that you have lost a diamond while you were too busy collecting stones...[/color]

Islamic dress gives honour to our Muslim sisters.
They are not like kafir women. Naked and shameless. No respect at all.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

malik wrote:

erm yeah that wasnt the question :/

Seraphim wrote:
Sis said they're convenient coz u dnt hav to bother gettn dressed up to go out. Just pop it on and away u go.

fool Blum 3

ALZ_007 wrote:
Wow, nice pic Seraphim :o

thank you

Back in BLACK

Islamic clothes makes a sister appear a lot more beautiful than other types of clothes. But this beauty is not shameless type of beauty. It is honourable beauty.
When brothers see a sister in Islamic dress, they hold her in respect. They think she is a valuable sister. Allah doesnt stop you from looking pretty as long as it is within His commandments. Sisters who look good in wearing Islamic dress, they look good for Allah.
Kafir women dress down to look good for other men.
Muslim sister dress up to look honourable for Allah.

Allah loves sisters who have their Lord in mind when they dress.

malik wrote:

Islamic clothes makes a sister appear a lot more beautiful than other types of clothes. But beauty is not shameless type of beauty. It is hourable beauty.
When brothers see at sister in Islamic dress, they hold her in respect. They think she is valuable sister. Allah doesnt stop you from looking pretty as long as it is within His commandments. Sisters who look good in wearing Islamic dress, they look good for Allah.
Kafir women dress down look good for other men.
Muslim sister dress up to look hourable for Allah.

Allah loves sisters who have their Lord in mind when they dress.

Thanks! Smile

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
I like the idea of wearing an abaya cuz its convenient but im not sure i want to wear it all the time, when i go out.

then don't.

wear it when you want to.

malik wrote:

This would be true if women were not as harassed as they are in Muslim countries... are there any figures available for this? I think I red somewhere that the figures are really high.

I doubt many women here get acid thrown in their faces for refusing marriage.

I say Mashallah Go for it sister! Just the other day i decided to wear to college the big jilbaab that covers you form head to toe except my face. But it was too weird i got a lot of negativity mostly from my biology teacher saying its a hazard. :doubt: Lol.
So ive gone back to wearing the normal abaya. You can get all sorts of different coloured abayas so you dont have to stick with the normal tradition black.

Im going for it! Biggrin

Congratulations to you. Very brave step.
Allah and His Angels will bless you now. Prophet (pbuh) will be pleased with you.

malik wrote:
Congratulations to you. Very brave step.
Allah and His Angels will bless you now. Prophet (pbuh) will be pleased with you.

congratulate me when i've actually taken the step!

but thanks Smile

Im going for it! Biggrin

Masha'allah Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

Let us know how your first day goes, Cookie! Biggrin

not yet, when i start college.

not yet, when i start college.

Lol

Okay..then we will all wait patiently till September 2010.

Another 7 and a bit months to go!

Insha'Allah Smile

Noor wrote:
You wrote:

no, that is niqaab.

abaya is one garment.

Quote:

well it's the sunnah of sayidah fatimah (ra) to wear black.

anyway.

the scholars say wear coloured abayas so you blend in society.

Just out of interest where did you hear of that sunnah? I suppose thats why shi'a tend to wear black? (obviously putting the karbala rememberance aside).

I remember reading a hadith that the sahabiya wore different colours including yellow and red as well.

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Amal wrote:
Just out of interest where did you hear of that sunnah? I suppose thats why shi'a tend to wear black? (obviously putting the karbala rememberance aside).

i can't remember but i will look into it insha'Allah.

wednesday wrote:
hmm even though I have to congratulate Fifi on being so brave and determined to take it up... I do however beg to differ with some of the stuff up there... Mainly because I've been there and done that.

such as?

Pages