Jilbaabis are so beautiful

256 posts / 0 new
Last post

am i the only whose trousers kinda TWIST around their leg under the jilbaab?

or is it because i wear too baggy trousers?
or because i walk too fast?

anyway, anybody experienced this?

what SHOULD you wear under jilbaab?
what about skirts? anybody wanna give me a lesson (or ten) on skirtwearing?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

i know what you mean about twisting. sometimes it can be the fabric of the trouser not flowing against fabric of your jilbab i.e if they're both cotton for example. If one material was smoother silkier would slide over.

Yep can be if it;s too wide.

i have problem if i wear long boots, or boots with buckles, i can feel the jilbab riding up to the buckle at the back.

What about skirts..only problem with them is being careful getting in and out of transport. Or just make sure you wear ankle boots or longer with the skirt, then no worries about ankles being exposed.

i prefer trousers most the time more practical, but skirts are good sometimes, i love tweed skirts in winter.

i don;t know if im using the wrong term ocean, but here's the sort of thing i normally wear two pieces, i thght it was a khimar and jilbab, but perhaps its an abaya and khimar:

i thght abayas tend to have a bit of work on them or can be semi fitted? jilbabs more plain, wider etc. maybe someone can elaborate. i think the two terms of often mixed up or depending on what country you're in applied different.

As you can see those fasionistas on the link u forwarded are ripping off the khimar with their cape idea, sherlock holmes clearly stole the trend from muslim women lol. I love the cape coat, it was around last year aswell i remember. I did want one, but i never saw a high st one i liked enough.i saw a designer one i liked a lot,unfortunately i have an eye for expensive clothing, but my husbands eye is firmly on the lower end stuff lol. i can't complain its not within our means i might save up for a designer one. Here's one i like, and its cheaper than other ones i've seen:

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

You have to "glide" lol [Miss Congeniality]

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)

Lilly wrote:
My mind went "sherlock holmes"

Who's dressing up as Holmes?

I don't mind joining in.

the (impractical - its like tying your arms to your sides!) capes in the video Ocean linked to.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
the (impractical - its like tying your arms to your sides!) capes in the video Ocean linked to.

you can fly around like batman, making incoherent car noises.

Lilly wrote:
You wrote:

you can fly around like batman, making incoherent car noises.

great, flying jilbabi batWOMEN

i think lilly and truth should do a comic strip on TheRevival together instead of the usual

s.b.f wrote:

great, flying jilbabi batWOMEN

we need a cooler name. Batwomen is soo dejavu *sighs a posh sigh*

hmm...im hungry.

I FOUND A BURGUNDY JILBAAB! Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

well. havent bought it yet, waiting for the smallest size, (which will be in, inshallah, next week) and THEN i will have to cut it because its WAY too long.

ohh well! at least its FOUND!

s.b.f wrote:
i think lilly and truth should do a comic strip on TheRevival together instead of the usual

Omg, you really are spamming!

She's just making sure that you see it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Ocean wrote:
Seriously, do you guys still get your mothers to dress you?

It's as easy as putting a sock on!

what are you on about? :S

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Ocean wrote:

what are you on about? :S

Wearing Jilbaab maybe? lol makes sense!

yeah, still don't get the relevance :/

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Ocean wrote:

Who said putting a sock on was easy?

Ever put a sock on standing up? Yep. That's what I'm talking about.

I see it: Balance problem

im still, VERY confused.

Truth's_Razors wrote:
I see it: Balance problem

??

Sorry '@' s.b.f - the trying to put a sock on while standing up - balance problem right?

SIX PAGES o.o
(Y)

i just had to say it.

I don't understand the title of this thread.

Is it referring to inner beauty?

In which case, who says all women who wear them have inner beauty?

Also, why not 'modest women' or 'women in islamic dress' are all beautiful, why in particular women in jilbaabs?

And isn't the whole point meant to be about not caring about being beautiful? :/

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Beauty is not banned, just restricted in some ways.

I talked to someone whose sister had converted to Islam who had asked about the dress and he had commented "Yeah just googled it, it is abaya. Actually looks quite beautiful even if its not intended to be".

(I think hr was mainly glad to be back in contact with his estranged sister and no, I dont normally seek people out - it was an accident. That is from a gaming forum, even though I have stopped playing games for a number of years now - they take too much effort.)

MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
I don't understand the title of this thread.

Is it referring to inner beauty?

In which case, who says all women who wear them have inner beauty?

Also, why not 'modest women' or 'women in islamic dress' are all beautiful, why in particular women in jilbaabs?

And isn't the whole point meant to be about not caring about being beautiful? :/

No it's not referring to inner beauty.

Jilbaabs in particular because that's what i wanted to talk about.

It was a stupid comment and excuse for me not to wear jilbaab.

i don;t think its a silly comment. I actually thght the same when i first saw a muslim woman wearing one, i thght she looked modest but elegant without trying.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Hajjar wrote:
i don;t think its a silly comment. I actually thght the same when i first saw a muslim woman wearing one, i thght she looked modest but elegant without trying.

Mashallah, i think this is exactly what all of us meant, but didnt have the right vocab (Y)

well..we arent suppose to look like shapeless tramps either. Maybe its a hidden blessing from Allah (subhanahouwata'ala) for trying to be good muslimahs?

Hajjar wrote:

Smile

Can't wait! Biggrin

Saw another yr12 girl wearing a jilbaab, i hope she's in some of my lessons Blum 3

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Can't wait! Biggrin

Saw another yr12 girl wearing a jilbaab, i hope she's in some of my lessons Blum 3

Being wearing my jilbaab to college Smile (two days) THE BURGUNDY ONE! (today) WOOT WOOT!
Anyway, its like an icebreaker "oh you're a jilbaab wearer we might have something in common!!"

Pages