Jilbaabis are so beautiful

256 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hey I didn't say I'm not diplomatic! Blum 3

You should introduce yourself over . Tell us a bit about yourself, how you found the site, etc Smile I'm from the W.Mids.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

only asked where ur from because u used the word cuz, and around her in nelson every1 is always saying cuz, i thought u were local! i did a google search on islamic calligraphy art and came across a page from this site so i thought iwould check it out.

People often mistake Virtue with Honour
Virtue is what we do
Honour is how we do it.

Oh by "cuz" i meant because, not as in "cuz/blad/son/etc" lol

Oh it was the calligraphy that bought you here. Well I hope you stick around anyway Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

on the home page, if u go down 2 recent entries and click on RE;grafix wizards wanted then go 2 the last post which is mine and then follow that link, let me know what u think!

People often mistake Virtue with Honour
Virtue is what we do
Honour is how we do it.

Lilly wrote:
bump for Bilan

wht does tht mean?????

ive been wearin my abaya for soo long it feels so i need to take a break from it now. but i do like them though and when theyre tailored specifically theyre beautiful. but i prefer wearin my abyas with flats and....i cnt do tht in winter can i??? and i dnt like wearin boots like i said before or i just havent found a pair tht are like WOW! so yh....thts my dillema as well in winter. im pretty fussy like tht, i cnt help it!

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

oh i getcha.

"bump for Bilan" doesnt make much sense. usually you write "bump" when you're making a topic up, just to get the discussion rolling again. but as i didnt have anything to do and i had referred to the topic for you before. then i said "bump for Bilan". Isnt it cool?

when you say tired? do you mean the whole, "its too plain" thing?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
oh i getcha.

"bump for Bilan" doesnt make much sense. usually you write "bump" when you're making a topic up, just to get the discussion rolling again. but as i didnt have anything to do and i had referred to the topic for you before. then i said "bump for Bilan". Isnt it cool?

when you say tired? do you mean the whole, "its too plain" thing?

i mean tht when i wear an abaya now i feel blurgh! and uncomfortable. and when i feel uncomfortable in the clothes im wearing im gnna feel uncomfortable the whole day, so not a good start.
normally i wear my ayaba with a matchin scarf and cardigan

(did u check it how early im replyin????? ok iuts nt tht early, but i woke up at like 6.30 today!)

bilan wrote:

i mean tht when i wear an abaya now i feel blurgh! and uncomfortable. and when i feel uncomfortable in the clothes im wearing im gnna feel uncomfortable the whole day, so not a good start.
normally i wear my ayaba with a matchin scarf and cardigan

(did u check it how early im replyin????? ok iuts nt tht early, but i woke up at like 6.30 today!)

dude..isnt that like..Shaytaan trying to get to you?...

i see i see how you reply early..but i was sleepingish at that time... LOLLL

Lilly wrote:

How? She must wear decent clothes whilst out of the abbaya?

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Lilly wrote:

How? She must wear decent clothes whilst out of the abbaya?

it just feels like..she made it to the abaya and she's..hmm..taking steps backwards? i dont know... im just suggesting...

do you agree if i say that abaya is the better mode of covering than tops and bottoms? or dyou believe that as long as its loose its fine? It depends on your point of view.

For me, personally, going back to wearing tops and bottom to go out would be a step back, in the middle of my trying to step forward (As i havent fully yet..i feel still kinda wobbly)

Since the relgious requirement is loose clothing which covers you I would say anything which does that is acceptable.

But I think it's easier to be more immodest when with other types of clothing and sometimes may find yourself pushing the boundaries? That's why an abaya is better - its definitely going to cover you properly.

But then theres some people who wear very fitted abayas. And theres also the Q of whether colourful "done up" abayas are ok...

fitted abayahs defeat the actual purpose of an abaya, might just call it a dress now...

now..im not sure about the religious requirement part. i think its a bit more than that.

Lilly wrote:

now..im not sure about the religious requirement part. i think its a bit more than that.

We've had this convo before - You thought it was religious requirement as thats what was used in the time of the Prophet saw but it has been established what we wear and what was worn then may not be the same - and the hijab/jilbab as words are meant to cover therefore however some people actually call the garment that.

(Does that even make sense, i need to sleep.)

Subhanallah Smile

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Subhanallah there are alot of messages here in regards to this subject. As far as iknow the only requirements are that you cover yourself from head to toe, the only parts that can be seen are the face and the hands. also it has to be loose fitting meaning it doesnt reveal the figure of the sister. in my opinion the jilbab is not a necessity but it does the job. lets also remember that we are here to please Allah(swt) not anybody else insha allah. when you walk towards Allah he comes running towards you. May Allah guide us all Smile

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

yh i get what u ur sayin (Lilly and PoS)
i have to say though tht i havent made the decision to wear the abaya full time and i dnt think i will and i never wore it thinking it was the best way for me to cover up. i just wore it cos i think it looks nice.

Some people could argue that trousers show shape of the legs.

Depends how tight they are.

I will refrain from rolling my eyes.

Lilly wrote:

everything pretty much shows a womans shape ...even an abaya. the only thing tht probably doesnt is those big jilbaabs or clothes tht are oversized bigtime

bilan wrote:
Lilly wrote:

everything pretty much shows a womans shape ...even an abaya. the only thing tht probably doesnt is those big jilbaabs or clothes tht are oversized bigtime

then maybe thats what we're suppose to wear.

cnt see myself wearing tht too be honest. and not to downplay the importance of covering up...but i wear a skirt, top, scarf and thts me done. its by no means a jilbaab, but a step up from a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt. and thts good enough for me!

bilan wrote:
but a step up from a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt. and thts good enough for me!

that is completely how i see it too. I hope that one day i will wear the most appropriate, covering clothing. and i hope it owuld be similar to the ones worn by the sahabiyaah (feminin of sahabas, companions of the prophet (pbuh) )

im taking it a step at a time.

Lilly wrote:
bilan wrote:
but a step up from a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt. and thts good enough for me!

that is completely how i see it too. I hope that one day i will wear the most appropriate, covering clothing. and i hope it owuld be similar to the ones worn by the sahabiyaah (feminin of sahabas, companions of the prophet (pbuh) )

im taking it a step at a time.

and iA u will abuelita! great minds think alike hey???? Wink
but yh...step at a time is the best way to go. no point makin things impossible for urself

why thank you there Mulan, thought we were gona have a fall out on that one (....) but as the older, more mature one, you've managed to make it all better!

another point. There's stuff about abayah/jilbab/khimaar/ whateveryouwannacallit being "a garment on top of your outter garnments"

Lilly wrote:
why thank you there Mulan, thought we were gona have a fall out on that one (....) but as the older, more mature one, you've managed to make it all better!

another point. There's stuff about abayah/jilbab/khimaar/ whateveryouwannacallit being "a garment on top of your outter garnments"

or most welcome! Wink

wht u mean wearing ur abaya or whateveryouwannacallit being OVER ur coat???

cos this conver tht i met at uni wasnt wearin a jacket and it was RLLY cold. so i asked her why she wasnt wearing one and she said tht she forgot. and i said how can u FORGET to wear ur jacket, its freezing! but in hindsight she was probably tryna spare me blushes or whatever...cos she replied tht wearing a jacket would still show her shape and i was like oh...ok.....(cos i was wearing one of those parka jackets looool! so yh...

on top of your outside clothes. thats what i meant. but maybe you arent suppose to wear anything on top, i still wear my coat on top, i dont like all the flying bits and bobs. cant take it yet. I stare in horror at my abayah when i sit on the bus and it (abaya) also on the other seat, like WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

but before over the coat, there's over the clothes.

malik wrote:
Islamic clothes makes a sister appear a lot more beautiful than other types of clothes. But this beauty is not shameless type of beauty. It is honourable beauty.
When brothers see a sister in Islamic dress, they hold her in respect. They think she is a valuable sister. Allah doesnt stop you from looking pretty as long as it is within His commandments. Sisters who look good in wearing Islamic dress, they look good for Allah.
Kafir women dress down to look good for other men.
Muslim sister dress up to look honourable for Allah.

Allah loves sisters who have their Lord in mind when they dress.

Really good point!!

What on earth is a Jilbaabi??

I prefer a Barbie!

If I ever have to kill for something, it would be for, "A woman"
If I ever have to kill something it would have to be, "A woman"

Jilbaabi = someone who dresses like this:

Pages