NO TOPIC

3515 posts / 0 new
Last post

GAAAAAAAAH!!!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Inspector funzo does it again!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

:roll:

Back in BLACK

*roll eyes*

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Have you heard the Dave Grusin version?

Dirol Dirol

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I hadn't.

Wink

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Anybody got a psp here?

You put your own games on it?

Beast you still with mpac?

To that i can only say Lol!

"Ya'qub" wrote:
Am I the only one who finds this picture absolutely terrifying?

Why do they both look the same?

Back in BLACK

:?

Scary but funny Smile

Who grafted Camilla's head onto Prince Charles' body? That's not nice!

That poem is rubbish.

My first son.

Farewell, thou child of my right hand, and joy

My sin was too much hope of thee, adored boy,

Seven years tho'wert lent to me, and I thee pay,

Exacted by thy fate, on the just day.

O, could I lose all father, now. For why

Will man lament the state he should envy?

To have so son 'scap'd worlds, and fleshes rage,

And, if no other misery, yet age?

Rest in soft peace, and, ask'd, say here doth lye

Ben. Jonson his best piece of poetry.

For whose sake, hence-forth, all his vowes be such,

As what he loves may never like too much.
--------------------------------------------------
Now thats a poem.

Also a lovely poem, although it is a shame you edited what you thought were misspellings. I wasn't aware we were holding a contest.

No i was quite aware of the "spelling mistakes", i just wanted to clear them up.

Would you like to give commentary?

What, like "that poem is rubbish!"

If it helps, Johnson's is an unusually straightforward and serious poem for him, reflecting on a father's grief, and Buchanan's is a modern poem intended for all age groups concerning how we can feel constrained by the people around us. That aside why would I want to provide commentary?

"Writing poems ain't no joke,
It's hard to make them rhyme,
You think and think and think and think,
It's just a waste of...of...err...

...Paper."

I must say, you are a gloomy bunch. Why so glum?

I would like to take everybody out for milk and cookies. There are buses outside. Everybody follow me.

Back in BLACK

"Joie de Vivre" wrote:
What, like "that poem is rubbish!"

If it helps, Johnson's is an unusually straightforward and serious poem for him, reflecting on a father's grief, and Buchanan's is a modern poem intended for all age groups concerning how we can feel constrained by the people around us. That aside why would I want to provide commentary?

Well my view is his poem has huge amount of sarcasm towards religion when he says i adored you to much meaning his love of this world was punished by god which makes him feel cynical towards religion later in his poem, i also feel that he is jealous that his son has escaped the trials and tribulations of this world.

"Seraphim" wrote:
I must say, you are a gloomy bunch. Why so glum?

I would like to take everybody out for milk and cookies. There are buses outside. Everybody follow me.

Thanks, Seraphim! I'm with you.

Now we have something we agree on!

While that is truly a beautiful song, I have one issue with the video.

At 2:31, why is there a man in the foreground standing in the middle of the countryside with a double bass?

Why?

He's trying to hitch a lift.

Pages

Topic locked