He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Welcome back Sirus, good to have you back. Biggrin

This year the first fast was spread over three days…Sat/Sun/Mon.

What’s weird is that, this year it wasn’t even a sectarian thing…loads of Sunni/deobandi and even brewli mosques started their fast on Saturday… :?

It was more of a location thing I think.

DOwn south there seem to have been alot on saturday.

Up north, most on sunday.

In oldham? no idea, but probably 50/50! (seriously, I have no idea.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

1 hour 3 mins left

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"Admin" wrote:
As you say both are valid. So, the ones who started fasting on saturday... technically are they not doing one extra? :twisted:

Better to do something extra then to miss it, don't ya think Blum 3

"Sirus" wrote:
with 2 people

dad and brother lol

Oh, I seem to recall you went to Pakistan alone.....or was it Beast :?

Salam

All I know is that Wahhabi's fasts are not accepted by God.

Because they insult His Prophet to much.

Omrow

Sorry but I was supposed to say this earlier... so...

RAMZAN MUBARAK TO EVERYONE!!! Biggrin Blum 3

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
As you say both are valid. So, the ones who started fasting on saturday... technically are they not doing one extra? :twisted:

Better to do something extra then to miss it, don't ya think Blum 3

But you are NOT allowed to fast the day before Ramadan starts. So it is not better.

(I am not arguing who started it correctly, as I do not know. What is am arguing against is the judgements you are trying to pass.)

Did anyone start fasting on Monday? It's weird to have it starting for different people on three different days.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

All the people I know started fasting on saturday and I went to taraweeh on friday. The imams in our areas declared that ramadan has started.

Saudi Arabia was praying taraweeh on friday, saw it on islam channel. Doesn't that mean ramadan started on friday?

The global sighting was on friday and local sighting was on saturday, am I correct?

When I said "better to do something extra", I meant to fast according to the global sighting so in a way you have kept an extra fast compared to the people who started their fast according to the local sighting.

I also read first Taravih on Saturday.

I thought Saudi did it on Friday?

By global sighting, it is all whether you accept Saudi's rules. Alot of people don't. Hell some countries started on Monday!

Quote:
When I said "better to do something extra", I meant to fast according to the global sighting so in a way you have kept an extra fast compared to the people who started their fast according to the local sighting.

That would also mean potentially having Eid earlier, soi it's not really extra. Just different.

But lets face it, we will not start fasting on the 'right' day according to us, but the day our local mosque does it.

"Admin" wrote:
I thought Saudi did it on Friday?

Sorry my mistake, Saudi did start on Friday. It was only a few days, I'm so stupid.

I think I read taraweeh on Friday coz I went to my local mosque after watching Saudi reading taraweeh on Islam channel, and fortunately my mosque also started taraweeh on the same day as Saudi. Yeah that's right coz I remember I started the day before you.

Salam

Friday?

That means they must have sighted an imaginary crescent.

Saudis always get it wrong. What do you expect when you bow to Washington.

I am with Pakistan on this one.

Monday was the first day of fasting.

Omrow

[color=magenta]hey any1 get the feeling this ramdan is almost over?its going so quickly, alhamdulillah this year the atmosphere in college is much much better we have really inspirational talks and beautiful quran recitation[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

This years Ramadan, is a LOT more spiritual for me. The longer fasts mean that we don’t have time to sin or waste time….

On a different note, in my area sunni mosques with pretty much the same aqeedah are placing fatwa’s of “mushriqs” and “wahabi followers” on the Sunni mosques that started their first fast on Saturday…a lot can be said about those who are unable to reap the benefits of this month and find it difficult to avoid backbiting/slandering and insulting their fellow Muslims during this blessed month…

BTW is anyone else getting a sharper insight into the state of their heart and soul? This will be seen in the inability to stop committing sins and break bad habits despite the fact that the devil and his cronies are locked up…

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]hey any1 get the feeling this ramdan is almost over?its going so quickly, alhamdulillah this year the atmosphere in college is much much better we have really inspirational talks and beautiful quran recitation[/color]

Yup, its going so fast! 4 days gone already! the month is going to fly Sad
Cray 2

This Ramdhan has already changed me Allahmdulliah and by the end Inshallah i shall be the Muslimah that i should be.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

BTW is anyone else getting a sharper insight into the state of their heart and soul? This will be seen in the inability to stop committing sins and break bad habits despite the fact that the devil and his cronies are locked up…

funny you should ask but this year is the one for me. in the past i've been like the beautiful people much like Exqusite and Noor Ramadan has been plain sailing and really enjoyable.

however this year i truly understood the meaning of 'the devil and his kind are locked up'. earlier i had declared open war on my nafs having realised that the soul and heart are as one as you said and they were doing just fine but i was still erring. the nafs has to be tamed.

so now Ramadan is no longer plain sailing. everything is a temptation. every minute of every hour is a struggle. i might go under i might not i've just got to keep trying.

i realise now that the devil had very little to do with me in my life its my own nafs that controls me.

my friend says that that the devil has been working very hard all year and has left heavy footprints on our nafs and that is why we continue to err in Ramadan because of his residual effects. but i'm not so sure

anyway Salaam

"laila" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

funny you should ask but this year is the one for me. in the past i've been like the beautiful people much like Exqusite and Noor Ramadan has been plain sailing and really enjoyable.

however this year i truly understood the meaning of 'the devil and his kind are locked up'. earlier i had declared open war on my nafs having realised that the soul and heart are as one as you said and they were doing just fine but i was still erring. the nafs has to be tamed.

so now Ramadan is no longer plain sailing. everything is a temptation. every minute of every hour is a struggle. i might go under i might not i've just got to keep trying.

i realise now that the devil had very little to do with me in my life its my own nafs that controls me.

my friend says that that the devil has been working very hard all year and has left heavy footprints on our nafs and that is why we continue to err in Ramadan because of his residual effects. but i'm not so sure

anyway Salaam

[color=magenta]Wa-alaykum salaam

honestly i knw the feeling about the devils being locked up, because now we hve no excuses for our sinful for actions we cant blame the devil it is our own doin and our true personality shines through (hopefully) and even the way i dream and what i dream about is totally different,also attending taraweeh has uplifted me majorly n has given me a real confidence boost in myself[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

How many people are reading their Tarawih prayer in the Mosque this year?

How many rakats do you guys manage to read before you're at collapsing point?

This year a lady down my road arranged Tarawih prayer, so every evening most of our local ladies gather at her house to read Tarawih prayer together from 8.30pm to 10.15pm...(when all the men are at the Msoque)...my tiny 8year old sister has managed to read full 20 rakats every night so far. Biggrin

It's so much nicer to read your prayers in a gathering....its easy to get lazy when you're at home.

We've been reading all the tarweeh prayrs togther, therz an army of us, so us girls get togther and pray. Allhmdulliah prayed all 2o everyday so far, i've relisd when u pray in jamat u dnt feel as tired. I hvnt felt any tirdness during any prys Allhmdullih. Then we have dhikr/talks/nasheeds at they end.
Our local mosque dsnt have any room for the sisters as thers just enough room for the brothers.

Therz this women hu does tarweeh prayz, but i tought that women cant lead paryz acrding to the hanafi madhab but can in the shafi madhab.

can sum1 confirm whther that is right or wrong..

jzks

"MuslimSister" wrote:

This year a lady down my road arranged Tarawih prayer, so every evening most of our local ladies gather at her house to read Tarawih prayer together from 8.30pm to 10.15pm...(when all the men are at the Msoque)...my tiny 8year old sister has managed to read full 20 rakats every night so far. Biggrin

It's so much nicer to read your prayers in a gathering....its easy to get lazy when you're at home.

i read at home, but after my 20 rakaats, i have a chocolate- mini celebration. mosque takes toooooo long and since i only know a few chapters by heart, my trawih's aren't that long.

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

[color=magenta]
wow mashaAllah good on ur lil sister, iv read taraweeh in the mosque n my God brothers u got good stamina, but ur right praying in congregation is much better than praying alone i seem to slack off near when i get to the late 10 rakats. also in taraweeh they complete one juz per night which is great and now i also got a favourite Quran reciter there's like three who lead the prayer in the LMC/ELM n i chose my fave his recitation is beautiful mashaAllah[/color]

noooooor the new masjid will hav facilities for sisters inshallah D (3 months to go i fink inshallah)

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

"Happy" wrote:
noooooor the new masjid will hav facilities for sisters inshallah Biggrin (3 months to go i fink inshallah)

I kno!!! I cant believe it! Allahmdulliah its gona be sikkkk! Wer on the top floor and we've got another whole section to ourselves nxt to the day center part. I got to see a sneak preview! hehe

O yeah, Brother Mashood is calling Awais Qadri again, but this time hes coming to our new Mosque whens it built and we'll be able to cum this time!

3 months to go! Alll the waiting and now its almost finaaaly over!

I only wish Omar was here to see it Sad

I think this year's ramadan is more testing as I am having less sleep, working for 5 hours....i feel i do get easily tired coz of this stupid shift of mine, however I do read the Quran on a daily basis and gona start with translation now that I know where my translated Quran is. I mainly read durood/salam on Holy Prophet (saw), ask for forgiveness for the whole ummah, pray that we as an Ummah can make the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) happy, reflect on sins. Gona start zikr, I think in this month it's going to be a different feeling.

I don't go to mosque to read taravih's coz I need to be in bed by 10pm in order to get up for sehri time, I feel guilty for doing that esp. since MS mentioned her wee sis readin at mosque (mashallah thats beautiful to hear) since I have problems it's not possible for me to read namaz in jamaat as it is very long. So have to make do at home.

I don't know if I have changed, I certainly hope something comes out for me this ramadan otherwise I have no one but myself to blame.

ooh i smell kebabs...
i've locked myself in my room because the smell is tooo strong!
does anyone else feel really hungry when they see all the food being prepered?

Forget seeing, it's much harder preparing the food, I was helping mum the other day and I had to keep myself from eating the food I was making as from time to time I would forget I was fasting and other times my mouth was watering. It's good, excellant way of controlling ones nafs (ego).

"Angel" wrote:
Forget seeing, it's much harder preparing the food, I was helping mum the other day and I had to keep myself from eating the food I was making as from time to time I would forget I was fasting and other times my mouth was watering. It's good, excellant way of controlling ones nafs (ego).

[color=indigo]I dont find that hard. Im nearly always in the kitchen in Ramdan, during the day i tend to feel hungry but when it comes to opening time, my hunger vanishes.[/color]

Angel sweety, I know how you feel. But in a way it’s kinda good that its hard….one gets more reward, the harder they find something. No pain, no gain…

I myself, have been near tears the last few days cos of extreme exhaustion. The demands of my PGCE have been driving me crazy. I struggle to fit things in...

But at the same time, I can’t help but feel that this is my best Ramadan.Ever. This is the first time, that I've read daily Tarawih in Jamaat and did Dhikr.

Unlike the previous years, less time means…less time to oversleep, overeat or sit in front of the TV/net.

I hope we can all reap the benefits of this years Ramadan for years to come….

"zara" wrote:
ooh i smell kebabs...
i've locked myself in my room because the smell is tooo strong!
does anyone else feel really hungry when they see all the food being prepered?

Apparently it's good for you to smell your food before eating, as it produces more acid in your stomach so the food is digested properly, so you're less likely to get an upset tummy. Lots of people over-eat at iftar, I do.

Keep yourself busy when the food is being prepared, that way your mind will be focused on other things apart from food.

i go on the internet, BUT NO ONE IS ONLINE!!!!

Pages