Ramadan 2006

305 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]there is a big thing with mangoes and single cream during ramadan every bengali family i knw had that during ramadan[/color]

Hehehe

We also got that, I didn't know that was a bengali thing.

"Angel" wrote:
Eeer people what's Sana?

It's chickpeas, in india they call em "chana".

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:
Eeer people what's Sana?

I love Eid day, just chill with family and realise the importance of having a loving family and cousins who love you loads and those you can trust forever.

Same here, i love Eid, the day has a speacial, warm glowing feeling to the day, we usually tend to go over to my nanis house and thats wer all the extended family cumz. I am looking forward to Eid but its going to be another very emotional one for the family.

Sad

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:

"Angel" wrote:
Eeer people what's Sana?

Oh right, we say chana or cholih. What's the significance of them in Ramadan?

"Snoopy" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:
Eeer people what's Sana?

I love Eid day, just chill with family and realise the importance of having a loving family and cousins who love you loads and those you can trust forever.

Same here, i love Eid, the day has a speacial, warm glowing feeling to the day, we usually tend to go over to my nanis house and thats wer all the extended family cumz. I am looking forward to Eid but its going to be another very emotional one for the family.

Sad

1st eid in jannah inshallah.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

"geniesis" wrote:
"Snoopy" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:
Eeer people what's Sana?

Sad

Nope, Second.

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"geniesis" wrote:
"Snoopy" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:
Eeer people what's Sana?

Sad

Nope, Second.

its an all, i didnt feel last eid thats why i thought it was teh first.
the year has flown by , it just seems like yesterday Cray 2

"Imaani" wrote:
"Muslim Bro" wrote:

"Angel" wrote:
Eeer people what's Sana?

Oh right, we say chana or cholih. What's the significance of them in Ramadan?

[color=magenta]I dont think there is one but most bengali families i knw like to make it on ramadan for iftaar, does any1 have "kisoori"its like this yellow like porridge thing some of the ingredients include rice/lentils and ghee,i think almost all of ramadan is gna be spent during school time so our school islamic society has decided to organise a nasheed competition we shud be good[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

Does it seem like Ramadan really flew in fast this year?

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]does any1 have "kisoori"its like this yellow like porridge thing some of the ingredients include rice/lentils and ghee[/color]

We have that, copycat Blum 3 I like eating kisoori with dates in it.

We have an islamic society in the uni I'm going to, gonna join them anyway and inshaAllah will make some friends there.

[color=magenta]yeah well most bengali families hav kissori i love it with dates too and its a great dip for Pokoras and "daalor bora" or "fiyasi" and with lemon too.

Ramadan deffo came really quick this year a few more days im really excited[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

ahhh not long left till Ramadan is here!

so looking foward to it this year! Blum 3 Biggrin

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

"Mez" wrote:
ahhh not long left till Ramadan is here!

so looking foward to it this year! Blum 3 Biggrin

is it just me or do others feel euphoric during fasting? Fool

i read an article in wikipedia which said among the things that can make u feel ecstatic (like deep religious experiences [like pilgramige], drugs, dancing, luv/lust, sex, deep meditation, yoga etc) fasting and thirsting CAN give u a similer feeling.

i've felt it often

don't get me wrong there r times when i feel ill

but how many others have felt that?

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

I definatly get that feeling and maybe a little exhauseded and thirsty during fasting but never felt ill!! Wink

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

[color=magenta]yeah i knw wht u mean the whole fasting experience gives me a "high" not that i knw hw that feels even the teachers notice it they expect us to be zombies cuz no food or drink allowed but we are more chirpy[/color]

Some people really make me laugh....... or cry.

A friend of my mums rung me today asking me if I can come over tomorrow after work to help her fill samosas. She seemed quite stressed so I said 'yeah sure, what's the occasion - have you got visitors coming round?' And she said.........'No. Ramadans coming up.'

She's preparing for iftaari! I can't believe I am going to be filling samosas in preparation for Ramadan. :roll:

[color=magenta]buts thats better than making them during ramadan cuz it takes a lot of time to make n cuts into ur time n its so sad when ppl spend hours mking them suring ramadan cuz they are wasting the oppurtunity to maximise their reward[/color]

Yeah thats true, but some people dont half overdo it when it comes to iftaari.

[color=magenta]yeh i gotta agree with u there but our family is deciding to have a healthy initive this year fruit n veg has to be included[/color]

Yup, my family for 1! They make so much foood!! its shocking!

Salam

1st day of Ramadan is set for Monday 25 September 2006.

Omrow

Is all the somosas and kebabs and what not good for your body during Ramadan?

Surely we should be eating fruit and veg and drinking water not binging on fried food come iftaari.

Beast is right.

We really eat too much unhealthy stuff during a time when we should be befitting the maximum from blessing of the holy month.

Yup, 100% right..

We usually tend open the fast wid fruits/dates and water then pray and then move in for the heavy food.

"Beast" wrote:

Surely we should be eating fruit and veg and drinking water not binging on fried food come iftaari.

This is going to sound realy bad but I can't eat healthy food during ramadhan I don't know why, I look forward to samosa's/pakora's etc :oops:

"Angel" wrote:
"Beast" wrote:

This is going to sound realy bad but I can't eat healthy food during ramadhan I don't know why, I look forward to samosa's/pakora's etc :oops:

Fatso!

I'm gona make my family cut down on the oily stuff this Ramdhan but my older sis is so looking forwrd to iftaari time lol, shes xcitd for all the samosas n stuff but she wont be getting any as half of da fam is on a diet!

Actually I have lost so much weight over the past few months that I no longer mind being called fatso coz it's not true hehe

I don't put weight on with oily food as long as I eat other stuff that is healthish and do exercise. It's all about compromise.

salaam
i going to try my best to not overstuff my self this ramadan inshallah altho must say its going to be very hard as i am a big food lover.

[color=magenta]i think this ramadan we will only have time for two meals one to start our fast and one to end it, there wont be no point in eating supper or tea cuz thats when we do iftaari[/color]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]i think this ramadan we will only have time for two meals one to start our fast and one to end it, there wont be no point in eating supper or tea cuz thats when we do iftaari[/color]

I think thts the case for every1.

Just briefly skimmd the ramdhan articles on the site SubhAllaah they look wickd, as i got tmz off gona be all day reading them..! even though i h8 reading! Biggrin

Pages