Ramadan 2006

305 posts / 0 new
Last post

Ramzan is going so quick!!!
Soon it will be EID!!!

Gosh time flys or what!!

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

i think ramadan is going really slowly. but each day goes really quick. and then it's EID!!! Biggrin which means MONEY!!! Biggrin and FOOD!!! Biggrin

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

ramdans goin way tooooo qwik Sad

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

A Little too quick!! Cray 2

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

True, it always does, shame it only lasts one month:(

[color=magenta]inshaAllah next week is charity week in our school, n hopefully should be going out wih buckets in the streets of london to raise money for islamic-relief[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

I'm looking forward to eid now! Inshallah! have you guys done your eid shopping? I still got to buy the pressies yet!

live and let live!!!!!!!

[b][color=indigo]9 days left to go! :shock:

Boii did they go fast or what!!

Gotta start making the most of the days left in this blessed month Insha'allah.[/color][/b]

Is it just me or are there really really few muslims fasting?

Last couple if years I saw a massive decline, but blamed it on the place I was working.

But now I am working elsewhere, and it still seems to be the same. very very few people fasting.

Is it just the people I run into?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[color=magenta]nah it aint just u iv noticed it too, especially today i saw very visible muslims smoking in front of my face, n yeah basically i knw of people who break their fast cause thy are hungry[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

[b][color=indigo]I havn't noticed anything like that.

Everyones fasting here. There hasn't been one Muslim that i have come across who isn't fasting.

Actually.. hang on a min. My teacher. She doesn't fast :?

Theres probally a genuine reason behind it. [/color][/b]

[color=magenta]honestly i have heard terms like "half a fast" by some local boys cuz they love smoking n cant hack it[/color]

[b][color=indigo]They can smoke once the fast has opened or early in the morning. Thats no excuse.[/color][/b]

[color=magenta]i knw but tell them that not me, they just smoke blatantly[/color]

[b][color=indigo]I cant. I live in Sheffield and London is far far away. [/color][/b]

"Admin" wrote:

Last couple if years I saw a massive decline, but blamed it on the place I was working.

But now I am working elsewhere, and it still seems to be the same. very very few people fasting.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Also I know people who would fast and pray during Ramadan, but this year they only seem to be fasting.

Before Ramadan began I was looking forward to the 'atmosphere'. I live in a largely Muslim area and every year in Ramadan you can 'feel' it. But not this year. Very worrying.

"Imaani" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Also I know people who would fast and pray during Ramadan, but this year they only seem to be fasting.

Before Ramadan began I was looking forward to the 'atmosphere'. I live in a largely Muslim area and every year in Ramadan you can 'feel' it. But not this year. Very worrying.

Nah.the atmosphere around here is great!!! My street is all lit up at sehri.......I see people rushing to mosque for namaaz and the neighbours send food around each others houses at iftaari! Lovely!

live and let live!!!!!!!

For me, Alhudullialh this Ramadan has been physically the most demanding, however spiritually the most rewarding….it was so easy to implement the “eat less, sleep less, talk less and associate with people less” principle.

I had the invaluable experience this year of being responsible for Sehri and Iftari…dad really appreciating my sleepy, square Parathe at sehri time….this made me appreciate mum a LOT more.

I also read my Tarawih in jamaat daily for the first time ever (yeh, I know I mentioned that loads of time already-but I'm well chuffed with myself)…..its already depressing that the end of Ramadan is near. However, its not over yet....its easy to feel “not up to it” towards the end…..but no day in the year can match up to the spiritual worth of a single day of the last ten days in Ramadan, so we should cram in as many all night sessions for the last odd nights of laylatul Qadr as we can cos this night is worth 83years of worship…

"MuslimSister" wrote:
For me, Alhudullialh this Ramadan has been physically the most demanding, however spiritually the most rewarding….it was so easy to implement the “eat less, sleep less, talk less and associate with people less” principle.

I had the invaluable experience this year of being responsible for Sehri and Iftari…dad really appreciating my sleepy, square Parathe at sehri time….this made me appreciate mum a LOT more.

I also read my Tarawih in jamaat daily for the first time ever (yeh, I know I mentioned that loads of time already-but I'm well chuffed with myself)…..its already depressing that the end of Ramadan is near. However, its not over yet....its easy to feel “not up to it” towards the end…..but no day in the year can match up to the spiritual worth of a single day of the last ten days in Ramadan, so we should cram in as many all night sessions for the last odd nights of laylatul Qadr as we can cos this night is worth 83years of worship…

Good on you sis!! You should be chuffed! remember me in your duas as well!

live and let live!!!!!!!

[b]UPDATE FOR SHAYKH-UL-ISLAM'S LECTURES: [/b]

Assalamu Alaikum,

Hope this reaches you in good state of Health and Eman by the Grace of Allah Almighty.

It’s a matter of great pleasure for us to let you know that the Jum’atul Wida & Lailatul Qadr lectures of honourable Shaykh ul Islam Dr. Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri will be telecasted on QTV at the following timings for U.K and Europe.

Timings:

Jum’atul Wida Lecture

U.K= 1300 to 1430

Europe: 1400 to 1530

Lailatul Qadr Lecture

U.K= 2000 to 2400

Europe: 2100 to 1:00am

For satellite SKY-Digital-822

Hope every one of you will avail this opportunity to have maximum spiritual and sacred moments of the precious time by listening the lectures of honourable Shaykh ul Islam Dr. Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri.

Wassalaam

Tahir

[b][color=indigo]People can you believe it?! Ramadan is almost over!!! This month has gone soooo fast!
Sad
For the people who set out goals, were they achieved? What have you gained out off this ramadan? Are you going to carry out the good deeds and actions, continue to pray/recite quran for the rest of the year??
Do you think ramadan has changed you? Has it made you a better person?[/color][/b]

Ramadan, year 1427.

Quote:

[b]Iraq's most violent Ramadan ends in bloodshed[/b]

Sunday 22 October 2006

BAGHDAD (AFP) - Bombers have attacked crowds of holiday shoppers as shell-shocked Iraqis marked the end of the bloodiest Ramadan since the US invasion, and Washington weighed a change in tactics.

Islam's holy month will end on this week's Eid -- the precise date being one of many things that divides Iraq's Sunnis and majority Shiites -- after a month of slaughter that was ferocious even by Iraq's bloody standards.

Hundreds of Iraqis have been murdered in both sectarian violence and clashes between armed militia factions, while US military casualties for October have already hit the highest monthly death toll of 2006.

In renewed violence on Sunday, several bombs exploded in Baghdad, killing at least five people and wounding around 50, including children, medics said.

One blast hit a bakery in the mainly-Shiite suburb of Baghdad Jadida, injuring 20 people who had come to buy sweets and pastries, the latest in a series of attacks targeting families preparing for the upcoming feast.

Later, three women and two men were killed and 20 people wounded when a suicide attacker wearing a bomb belt detonated himself in front of clothes stalls in east Baghdad, according to doctors and police.

"I saw a woman lying in the morgue with her shopping still in her hand," said a medic at Al-Kindi hospital.

And another bomb exploded inside a collective taxi as it passed through the crowded Shorjah market, police said at the scene,

"A passenger dropped a bomb in the back of the cab and got out. The car had gone just 20 metres (yards) when it exploded, killing the driver and another passenger and injuring five bystanders," said police Major Mohammed Ali.

Shortly after he spoke, another blast hit a nearby police vehicle, while terrified shoppers scattered for safety. One more civilian was hurt while panic stricken officers fired blindly at surrounding buildings.

Meanwhile, US-led coalition forces unleashed an air strike south of the capital, killing five insurgents with a "precision strike" as they planted a booby-trap on a road near the town of Arab Jabur, the military said.

US officials hope the end of Ramadan will see the bloodletting ease up, but the chaos has already changed the terms of the debate in Washington, where talk is turning to the search for an exit strategy.

President George W. Bush met senior commanders and diplomats on Saturday, amid reports the United States is losing confidence in Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's ability or willingness to stem the violence.

"The participants focused on the nature of the enemy, the challenges in Iraq, how to better pursue our strategy and the stakes of succeeding for the region and the security of the American people," a US spokeswoman said.

According to a report in the New York Times, the officials could decide to impose a timetable on Maliki to address sectarian violence and get a handle on the security situation, or face political "penalties".

"There is one thing we will not do: We will not pull our troops off the battlefield before the mission is complete," Bush said in his weekly radio address, two weeks before key congressional elections.

But amid losses on the battlefront, there was also disarray in the public relations campaign.

In an interview on the Arabic satellite network Al-Jazeera, a senior US diplomat, Alberto Fernandez, said the United States's policy in Iraq had demonstrated "arrogance and stupidity".

State Department spokesman Sean McCormack was forced to retract this, saying that "the quote as reported is not accurate".

Four US marines were killed Saturday by "enemy action" while fighting in western Iraq's Al-Anbar province, a lawless desert region populated by Sunni tribes and prey to roving gangs of Al-Qaeda insurgents.

Their deaths brought US fatalities for the month of October so far to 79, with the monthly death toll on course to become the heaviest since American forces fought the battle of Fallujah in November 2004.

And, while the war in Al-Anbar is a relatively clear-cut battle between Al-Qaeda and US forces that one US commander called "the closest thing I have to a straight fight", the picture elsewhere is more complex.

In the streets of Baghdad and the killing fields around it, rival Shiite and Sunni death squads and militias are engaged in a tit-for-tat battle to cleanse areas of civilian followers of the rival sect.

Meanwhile, in the largely Shiite cities of the south, rival militia groups clash with each other and with Iraqi state security forces that are themselves often infiltrated and controlled by the warring factions.

Authorities imposed a curfew in the town of Suweira on Sunday after fighting erupted between the Mahdi Army -- a loosely-organised militia nominally loyal to the radical cleric Moqtada al-Sadr -- and police.

[url=

Me missed 3 fasts this year :?

how many of u guys missed?

girls u dont need to answer this question

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

Tonight (or maybe tomorrow night) is known as “Lailatul Jaiza” apparently, the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) would remain awake all night as this is the night of reward.

Allah (swt) bestows the reward to those who have fulfilled the rights of Ramadan…

This is also the night when prayers are answered.

The Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) also said “Whoever stands up (in worship) in the nights preceding the two Eids expecting rewards from his Lord, his heart will not die when the other hearts will die” (Ibn Majah)

I’m sure most of us have worked hard this Ramadan, so it makes sense to spend this night in Ibadah…its only one more night, its depressing that Ramadan will not come again for another 11 months, so we may as well make the most of it whilst it is still here...

"TEX" wrote:
how many of u guys missed?

I haven't missed any but I'm going to keep a few after eid inshaAllah.

[color=blue]ramadan has flown!

i can still remember me getting excited for ramadan
and now its over...!

*one sign of judgement time will fly, years will be like months, months will be like weeks, weeks will be like days, days will be like hours, hours will be like minutes, minutes will be like seconds*[/color]

...live everyday as your last day...

salaam

i cant believe the blessed month is over it has flown past!:(
Allhamduallah this month has open the inner eyes off my heart , i'v had a look inside and boy have i gt sm wrk to do!

its been quite a spirituval one for me just hope its stays tht way.

inshallah by the grace of Allah swt i going to try my best to reach my destination.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

bliss u are geniesis arent u !
if u are nice change of name Smile

...live everyday as your last day...

"*Sponi*" wrote:
bliss u are geniesis arent u !
if u are nice change of name Smile

thnx i gald u like it
yeh its mee needed a change of name

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

"Bliss" wrote:
"*Sponi*" wrote: