Ramadan 2006

Salaam

The month of Ramadan isnt far off now.....over a month i believe. Whom amongst you have been yearning for this month to arrive?

So, are you excited about Ramadan?

How is it going to be different from last Ramadan....what will you do differently, and in what ways will you try to improve?

Do you manage to keep all fasts? Do you find it easy, or hard?

I personally love the feeling of excitement when the month has started.

How much do you eat in this month compared to other months? you scoff yourself at Iftaari time? Who's going to be cooking....and do you enjoy it?!

do you feel spiritually better off in this month, and how would you carry it on thru the rest of the year?

Who goes all taravih's? :o

or is it a normal month for you, or anything you dislike?

share all thoughts and views and stories, and anything to do with the Month of Ramadan
Dirol

[color=magenta]Wa-alaykum salaam

yeah, im proper xcited last year was a deffo improvment for me, cuz although i ahve been keeping all my fasts, i did it with much more conviction, previously, its like yeah ok not eating thats it, nothing abt remembering Allah maximising my oppurtunity for gaining reward

but the previous one,i decided to personally do a competition wiv dad n older sis to see who completes the Quran first, this was the first ramadan that i completed the whole Quran, n it felt so good,even me n my friends had it between us too, i fink i won, but thats not the important thng, the important thng was i utilised my time fully

but one thng that was really disappointing was the atmosphere at sixth form, majority of whom are Muslims, since they had no food to occupy themselves with, they had alot of free time, so they decided to put music on n dance in the common room, i avoided it as much as possible but needed to go sometimes,

inshaAllah this year i shall be helping organising an iftaar gathering at my school/sixth, i want complete the Quran this ramadan too, but wiv the translation

wht i realised is if you read like 4/5 pages of the quran each day in ramadan you can complete it, so why cant we do it the other 11 months of the year???

i love the feeling of the devil being locked up,you can sense his absence but i dont wna be a ramadan muslim, where i only bhave well in ramadan n not the rest of the year[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

yes inshallah me very excited! can't wait for teh blessed month to arrive .
this year inshllah i going to make it a very spirutual experiance for myself and others.
i can't wait for our zikrah gathering late at night to begin. ....hikma Smile
cleaning teh heart out and filling it wth teh love of the Holy Prophet pbuh and Allah swt wat more cud one ask for.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]Wa-alaykum salaam

but one thng that was really disappointing was the atmosphere at sixth form, majority of whom are Muslims, since they had no food to occupy themselves with, they had alot of free time, so they decided to put music on n dance in the common room, i avoided it as much as possible but needed to go sometimes,

[/color]

yes sis teh same thing ocur at my school at lunch times they wud go into teh hall and start dancing again dissapointed to say one or two were my friends. bt this year inshallah i will with teh help of sm sisters will be going to oganise a lot of activities that will inshallah benefit the youth of my school. To come close to islam and teh actual meaning of Ramandan (the blesses month) . i hv already thought about selling sm nasheeds naath cassets and CDS , and giving sm talk in various assemblies about ramandan.

any other suggestion on what else i cud do sisters or brothers cud u plez post here jazakallah

Walykum Salaam,

I Cant wait till Ramadhan!!! I'm looking forward to it sooooo Much! I hated it when it ended last year, i wish the whole year was like the blessed month Ramadhan.

The atmosphere which is created in the month of Ramadhan is amazing, every1 is just so happy, you feel, warm and glowing on the inside aswell as the outside and you feel so spiritual and connected to Allah Subhanu'Watallah.

In school the Imam comes in on every friday, and leads the Jumah pray, and the naughty boys calm down in the month, the music is put away and they conrol their tongues!

Theres so much i can say about this blessed month, but i'll be here tommorw if i was to write everthing down.

A very early Ramadhan Kareem to you all!

Getting Xcited!...

"genie" wrote:

yes sis teh same thing ocur at my school at lunch times they wud go into teh hall and start dancing again dissapointed to say one or two were my friends. bt this year inshallah i will with teh help of sm sisters will be going to oganise a lot of activities that will inshallah benefit the youth of my school. To come close to islam and teh actual meaning of Ramandan (the blesses month) . i hv already thought about selling sm nasheeds naath cassets and CDS , and giving sm talk in various assemblies about ramandan.

any other suggestion on what else i cud do sisters or brothers cud u plez post here jazakallah

[color=magenta]
how abt jus having small study circles, during lunch times cuz ppl gna be fasting n wont b running around much, just hav discussions evn amognst ur friends, n inshaAllah more join in, me n my girls we sit on the floor in a circle blinds down n great atmosphere[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
"genie" wrote:

[color=magenta]
how abt jus having small study circles, during lunch times cuz ppl gna be fasting n wont b running around much, just hav discussions evn amognst ur friends, n inshaAllah more join in, me n my girls we sit on the floor in a circle blinds down n great atmosphere[/color]

jazakallah thats a great suggestion Biggrin inshallah more sisters i hope will take a intrest this year in teh deen talks.
, inshallah aswell as sisters i going to try and rag teh brothers too especailly the younger ones so taht might be a promblem do u think a brother shud be left to address teh brothers .

i was thinking of getting a islamic speaker to come in especailly to address a tlk aim at teh youth! the youth especailly the one at my school i dnt wat them to get side track!!!

i usually teh one with my sister involed in any deen related events in my school i dnt reali wat to hold teh title as people think i all "holy moly" which i nt reli i just wat to awake the youth make them see hw much teh youth is blessed in islam :!:

[color=magenta]i wouldnt knw abt the issues of th brothers cuz i went to an all girls school so i never had that issue, how old are the brothers?

go for it sis, dont worry bout ppl say, u wna maximise the reward ur getting, at the end of the day only Allah SWT knws ur intention n if they are pure then thats fine, go for it, ur gna do fantastic inshaAllah

this ramadan inshaAllah we gna do more healthy eating like have some fruits n bed for iftar n also cut out the oil[/color]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]i wouldnt knw abt the issues of th brothers cuz i went to an all girls school so i never had that issue, how old are the brothers?

go for it sis, dont worry bout ppl say, u wna maximise the reward ur getting, at the end of the day only Allah SWT knws ur intention n if they are pure then thats fine, go for it, ur gna do fantastic inshaAllah[/color]

yes of course 100% pure all my actions inshallah or teh act of the heart.
the brothers tend to vary in age group from y7 to y11 its just tht we get reli good well behave ones and reli reli bad ones in every yr group . As a sister i dnt reli wat any brother younger or older then me to get uncomfortable wen i approache them teh younger ones i don't reli think will have an issue in me tlking to them its the older ones plus i personally think a brother should deal with them .

i just hope their wil be someone their to help them guide them onto teh straight path a bit more

assalamu alaikum,

due to certain reasons Ramadan is gona be a greater challenge than normal for me. Just doing daily salah is a problem right now, i don't feel like i can concentrate and give it the focus it requires

But i'll have to see through these issues. I think i'm not gona have much time to do extra forms of worship as i would have liked, but i'm determined to make use of the time i do get.

Fancy foods will be totally out the question right now i do a big cook in the wkends and store it in the fridge to save time during the week. If i don't do this i can't cope.Those of you living with parents, and extended family count your blessings, and show your appreciation.

It's funny how you appreciate parents more when you're away from them. i often think how blessed i was to have meals cooked for me, the house cleaned, a warm safe home, the bills paid security etc etc. The basic things of life that we take for granted until we're standing on our own two feet.

I can live without the fancy food there'll be plenty of time for that on Eid i'm sure.

The fasting isn't what i'm concerned about, being without food won't be as difficult as managing the house and family and keeping time for worship.

Please don't forget me in your supplications

P.S it is still 2006 isn't it or have i missed the year? How come the thread title says 2007?

"genie" wrote:
"Exquisite" wrote:

go for it sis, dont worry bout ppl say, u wna maximise the reward ur getting, at the end of the day only Allah SWT knws ur intention n if they are pure then thats fine, go for it, ur gna do fantastic inshaAllah[/color]

yes of course 100% pure all my actions inshallah or teh act of the heart.
the brothers tend to vary in age group from y7 to y11 its just tht we get reli good well behave ones and reli reli bad ones in every yr group . As a sister i dnt reli wat any brother younger or older then me to get uncomfortable wen i approache them teh younger ones i don't reli think will have an issue in me tlking to them its the older ones plus i personally think a brother should deal with them .

i just hope their wil be someone their to help them guide them onto teh straight path a bit more

[color=magenta]
dont worry too much, i deoends on the situation doesnt it?

n sis yash, firstly w-alaykum salaam

i make dua Allah swt makes it a good ramadan for you[/color]

oh jazak'Allah exquisite i'll remember you in my duas Smile

"yashmaki" wrote:

due to certain reasons Ramadan is gona be a greater challenge than normal for me.

brother i gurantee u on this one belive me this ramadan will be a personal challage for evryone its going to be a big challage for me as inshallah i going to try and not waste any spare time bt in teh act of some ibadah ( worship. i hope u spell it like that.)

inshallah we will all supplicate a du'a in which Allah swt will bless each and every muslim observing a fast and all their good intentions whether that be cooking preparing food, cleaning reciting verses of the holy Qu'ran and much more in the blessed month to come . Ameen.

"genie" wrote:
"yashmaki" wrote:

due to certain reasons Ramadan is gona be a greater challenge than normal for me.

brother i gurantee u on this one belive me this ramadan will be a personal challage for evryone its going to be a big challage for me as inshallah i going to try and not waste any spare time bt in teh act of some ibadah ( worship. i hope u spell it like that.)

inshallah we will all supplicate a du'a in which Allah swt will bless each and every muslim observing a fast and all their good intentions whether that be cooking preparing food, cleaning reciting verses of the holy Qu'ran and much more in the blessed month to come . Ameen.

[color=magenta]Ameen, Yashmaki is a sis, by the way genie,we'r mixing genders up 2day

but the beauty with ramadan is there are several oppurtunities in gaining that extra reward,its like everythng we do, we have the chance to get reward out of it[/color]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]i

salaam to u to jazakallah me too u will most defenitly be in my du'as alongside all teh rest of teh brothers and sisters of teh ummah Biggrin

"Exquisite" wrote:
"genie" wrote:
"yashmaki" wrote:

Ameen.

[color=magenta]Ameen, Yashmaki is a sis, by the way genie,we'r mixing genders up 2day

[/color]

:oops: so sorry sis !!!plez forgive me this is teh second time i call a sister a brother.

"genie" wrote:
"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]i

salaam to u to jazakallah me too u will most defenitly be in my du'as alongside all teh rest of teh brothers and sisters of teh ummah Biggrin

[color=magenta]
wa-alaykum salaam

may everyone have a fantastic ramadan, May it be filled with happiness, n make dua for the Muslim Ummah[/color]

With me it seems every Ramadan is lacking.

Last Ramadan was special - very special. Don't know what to do really.

Start off with great zeal and enthusiasim but it begins to wane. Alhamdulillah taraweeh isnt much of an issue - plus some people can read missed portions at home if they feeling lazy - but dunno. Don't concentrate enough, waste too much time.

Alhamdulillah Ramadan does give a boost to ones imaan and spending time in the masjid more than usual is always beneficial.

Need to improve on last years Ramadan but even then it was very special.

My last Ramadan as a singleton - best to make the most of it innit.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Sirus it's 2006 not 2007.

I think u've skiped a year.

Salaam

Since last month I’ve been thinking about Ramadan…I’ve been meaning to sort out a timetable which I haven’t got round to doing yet.

Just like we clean our homes and anticipate the arrival of guests we should also anticipate the arrival of Ramadan and be mentally, physically and spiritually prepared for it…our pious predecessors used to spend 6 months prior to Ramadan anticipating its arrival…

Inshallah I intend to make this Ramadan the BEST Ramadan ever…my 03 Ramadan was so spiritual (that’s when I wanted to go to Hajj so badly so every night I was on the prayer mat till late)…but it’s almost been three years and I haven’t been able to rekindle that feeling again…

This year (inshallah) I’m going to cut down my activities so I can have a more spiritual Ramadan….no leading/attending classes, no programmes, no meetings, I’ll only call/answer the phone if it’s absolutely necessary…I’ll try to read some tarawih’s in my local Mosque, finish the Qur’an etc…I’ll come home straight from Uni and will try to finish all work in my free lessons so my evenings are free.

And more importantly no TV, no revival forum (this forum is terrible for ones spiritual state) and no internet…(apart from checking emails).

I’ll also cut down on food and fighting with siblings….

I think for all of us this year's fasts will be the longest fasts we have EVER kept...

I pray that Allah (swt) gives us ALL the tawfeeq to derive the most out of this Ramadan.

Wasalaam

"MuslimSister" wrote:

I’ll also cut down on food and [b]fighting with siblings….[/b]

good luck on dat one Muslim Sister... Wink

god bless all those who take their ramadam seriously....

They Vote To Send Us To War Instantly.....But None Of Their Kids Serve In The Infantry...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE....

I can't wait, I just absolutely love the atmosphere in Ramadhan....

I want to take advantage of this month, I would have preferred to have gone to the main centre of Minhaj-ul-Quran in Lahore (hears its the 3rd largest gathering after Makkah and Madina!) for itqaf, would have been amazing but money finance problems don't allow it Sad

However I intend to became more aware of what i spend my time on, look at my deeds in more depth, and repent from my sins. Generally I really really want to change myself, I know i am very weak in this department but Allah's (swt) blessings are so much in this blessed month that I stay in hope that my prayer will be answered, obv. I have to something myself in order for such a change to occur.

I want to aquire more knowledge, thanks to Shaykh-ul-Islam and the gatherings we have had with him since he has been in Uk, they have been a huge benefit for me so inshallah this will continue for me.

Also tick off the list MS has presented, defo needed.

Everyone pray for me please. Thanks

I Wanna go too!!!

Thats the only reason i wnt to go to pak, because of the Minhaj ul Quran center,

Inshallah, hu knws, in a few years time, might be ther studying with them..

My Du'as are with th Ummah..

My Allah bess us with his Mercy throughout the blessed month of Ramadhan.

Ramadan is the month is which it is easier to defeat our Nafs, improve our characters and work on our weakness…after all, the devils are locked up and we are a lot weaker cos we’re not eating.

I think that before Ramadan begins we should all identify our weakness and seek to sort them out before Ramadan begins…

For me personally, I know my love of good food is a weakness…and I find it early mornings difficult....... and lack tolerance when it comes to siblings..

i get to miss P.E lessons at school! i love ramadan, its so cool!

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"zara" wrote:
i get to miss P.E lessons at school! i love ramadan, its so cool!

looooooooooool.

Reminds me of the good old days.

Soon as Ramadaan started there'd be a queue of 8/9 of us standing by PE teacher with our forged notes saying can we be excused from swimming/crosscountry cos we're fasting.

Lol

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Lol same thing happens every ramadan at my school too! i got to miss cross- country last year!

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"zara" wrote:
Lol same thing happens every ramadan at my school too! i got to miss cross- country last year!

erh we have to still do all teh sports even tho were fasting at our school. Cray 2

bad luck! we just have to have a note signed by our parents.

We cudnt! Our school is so tite!!!

But i dont have to do another PE lesson in my entire life!!!!

Yes!!

I cant w8 for Ramdhan! I love the blessed month so much! The atmosphere is amazing Allahmdulliah, every1s so nice to each other, people going to Mosque, sisters wearing the Hijaab, gatherings of dhikr, the list is endless!

don't forget the nice food for iftaar

Pages