Women's Voice Pardah?

221 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Constantine" wrote:
Craig David is a muslim?

Of course he isnt.

But the point is...some women find his voice attractive.

So should he stop speaking or should women practice self control?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:
Craig David is a muslim?

Of course he isnt.

Yea... momentarily lapse of intelligence.

Let's pretend I never asked that.

"Constantine" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:
Craig David is a muslim?

Of course he isnt.

Yea... momentarily lapse of intelligence.

Let's pretend I never asked that.

Let's not :twisted:

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

"Constantine" wrote:
Craig David is a muslim?

lol oh dave, you can be soooooo funny sometimes!! I think craig david has a nice voice but i wudnt say i am infatuated by it.

"khan" wrote:
boys are still thinking.. is it a) or is it b) lol

Khuda Hafez.

I ll go for c).....lol

HELP! i've fallen and i can't....................HEY nice carpet!

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:
Craig David is a muslim?

Of course he isnt.

Christianity is a whole different ball game,it is utterly foolish to ask that if he should remain his voice in pardah.
If women are having esp. muslim women are having some sort of crush on him then they better control themselves,by the way music is prohibited by Islam.

I wasn’t talking about Christianity.

I was speaking about Muslim girls finding the voice of men attractive.

i have edited my reply.

Assalam oo alaikum

"Ali II" wrote:
If women are having esp. muslim women are having some sort of crush on him then they better control themselves.

..And why shouldnt men also "control themselves?"

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I wasn’t talking about Christianity.

I was speaking about Muslim girls finding the voice of men attractive.

Is it possible muslims get carried away with this idea of Pardah - you have to balance commandments of modesty with the facts that God did design men to be attractive to women and women to be attractive to men.

A muslim girl finding a male voice attractive shouldn't be such a shocker.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Ali II" wrote:
If women are having esp. muslim women are having some sort of crush on him then they better control themselves.

Who says i dont????

"Ali II" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Ali II" wrote:

Who says i dont????

"Ali II" wrote:

Well being frank i am also one of those, when women (of course na mahram) are speaking in a lovely tone that mostly women do,it really puts some effect on my heart,lol.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Ali II" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Ali II" wrote:

Who says i dont????

"Ali II" wrote:

Well being frank i am also one of those, when women (of course na mahram) are speaking in a lovely tone that mostly women do,it really puts some effect on my heart,lol.

lol.....damn i am caught again

i really control myself,though women when speak in lovely tone of course melts your heart a bit(come on yaar i am a man so it is natural),but i really control myself.As a matter of fact i am the stalwart member of Self control community....lol....

"Constantine" wrote:

Is it possible muslims get carried away with this idea of Pardah - you have to balance commandments of modesty with the facts that God did design men to be attractive to women and women to be attractive to men.

Your right.

Islam is the religion is the religion of moderation..the "middle way".

"Ali II" wrote:

i really control myself,though women when speak in lovely tone of course melts your heart a bit(come on yaar i am a man so it is natural),but i really control myself.As a matter of fact i am the stalwart member of Self control community....lol....

ewwww i hope all men dont think like u!

"angel" wrote:
"Ali II" wrote:

:EVIL:

what a topic!!!!!!

makes u think....with what happening nowadays and we're fussed over a womans voice....geeee

in my previous posts it was crystal clear that women clearly at the time of the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) spoke to men, they did not stay silent,they did not disguise their voices, they spoke with modesty.

thats all it is , men and women can talk out of neccesity and the woman doesnt have to hide or disguise her voice , she can talk normally, just dont flirt...and if a guy finds that to be a bit too much for him , then he shouldnt talk to girls... na dwork on his nafs (ego)...dont blame the girls..islam doesnt put a restriction on them, only that they speak out of neccesity with non mahram man and then to speak modestly.

today we put sooooo many restrictions, rules, regulations on women wich islam doesnt even mention...should they breath loudly ot softly:D , should we hear their footsteps...etc etc.... give em a break...then we say islam gives women sooooo many rights, freedom, liberation....sad reality is alot of men give women NO rights, they wanna lock em up and throw away the key... and treat them like crap!

"Ali II" wrote:

:EVIL:[/quote]

:roll: grow up, you really gota stop getin attracted by voices you odd person!

lol....Ali 2 you make me laff honestly

if a the slightest sound of a womans voice turns you on....i'd hate to see what your like when the adverts on tv are on :roll:

and you say its natural for your heart to melt??? LOL....thats jus sum soopy 'ishhh

its not to say your not straight if you dont find it attractive, its like ed said, controlling your nafs

and khan...i'd go with a) wich i think was carryin loookin down. ive managed well so far and its not even that hard. that woman showin u the flesh WANTS you too look.

why should I?? :roll:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

A woman's voice can be attractive... especially if you already have feelings for her.

Nothing terribly unusual about that.

never said there was

but its about self control...how good are you?

if you really wanna control yourself, its a doddle

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I have complete self control.

Well.. probably not by islamic standards as I do have a girlfriend

However I know the rules and the boundaries and respect them. That's part of being a gentleman, a christian, and a decent human being.

yup perfectly understandable

any decent human who also abides ny religios teachings would know better when situations of such nature arise

but the weak give in tooo easily...theyre hearts 'melt' at the sound of a voice LOL....jus 2 funny that

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

lol yea I don't walk around like an ice cube melting everywhere I go...

lol!

no offence to all the homeland brothers out there.....but i found that a lot of pakistani guys from pakistan are very emotional, soppy, lovey dovey, poetic etc

oh and its ok for them to hold hands lol Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

i have a VERY low opinion of them men who are so easily turned on

such men are weak, pathetic and very SAD

so if ur one of the guys who fits the bill above

then keep ur sad weakness's to urself-u only make usef look like a fool

(good post hayduh Biggrin )

clearly there has been a ruling on the voice of a women in the Qur'an.. for there to be such a statement implies importance, as its the word of Allah, unfortunatly Muslims on here don't care about that..

They're more concerned about manipulating verses where women are speaking (their right which nobody disputes), and make pathetic attempts to suggest there are no guidelines.

obviously there are far greater, issues.. but since this is a topic about the voice.. its whats being discussed..? i didn't start it.. lol

u can't refuse to accept a verse in the Qur'an,..

if you do not accept the Qur'an in its entirety.. I'm sorry, but ur a fake Muslim.

at least be a man and admit that u dont accept that verse.. after all ur not providing any alternative commentary from the Ulama.

Yes women can speak.. but with strangers they gta watch their tone.. Yes they can go out and work, but they gotta maintain Hijab..

wether we follow it or not is another issue, but at least accept it as a revelation from Allah swt.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"khan" wrote:
clearly there has been a ruling on the voice of a women in the Qur'an.. for there to be such a statement implies importance, as its the word of Allah, unfortunatly Muslims on here don't care about that..

They're more concerned about manipulating verses where women are speaking (their right which nobody disputes), and make pathetic attempts to suggest there are no guidelines.

obviously there are far greater, issues.. but since this is a topic about the voice.. its whats being discussed..? i didn't start it.. lol

u can't refuse to accept a verse in the Qur'an,..

if you do not accept the Qur'an in its entirety.. I'm sorry, but ur a fake Muslim.

at least be a man and admit that u dont accept that verse.. after all ur not providing any alternative commentary from the Ulama.

Yes women can speak.. but with strangers they gta watch their tone.. Yes they can go out and work, but they gotta maintain Hijab..

wether we follow it or not is another issue, but at least accept it as a revelation from Allah swt.

no one is rejecting the Quranic ayat sickie. I dont personally agree with Ali cuz he said that a women should not speak, that was his first statement and he went on to change it...women should not speak in a seductive manner, that doesnt mean not to speak at all!

"angel" wrote:

...women should not speak in a seductive manner, that doesnt mean not to speak at all!

NO ONE has said that women should speak in a flirty tone

everyone agree's that she shouldnt

but the weirdo's beleive that she shouldnt ask for the price of spinch or say hello on the phone-cos guys get turned on :roll:

sorry sis,
didnt mean it as a personal attack on u. just replying to the group in general.

especially those who are trying to 'water down' the guideline set by Allah swt in that verse, by suggesting its an attack on womens freedom.

is it really necessary? its great Ali accepts freedom of speech.. its great u accept there are rules on the audio coming out of a womans mouth.

really it is.. it shows that Muslims can discuss things and resolves areas of misunderstanding without letting pride get in the way.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

Pages