Now who wants to get married?

229 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Sirus" wrote:
"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:
its a sign bro.....attend an event....you might just get lucky!

You're my older bro, you should get married first!

as as younger brother, what are you doing to help my case!

He's pointing you in the right direction :twisted:

Back in BLACK

Ofcourse the guy has to make sacrifices.

He has to start earning as much to provide a future (most guys never really thought about the future until they got married). Guys have to strike a balance between what their wife wants and what their mother wants since they rarely agree with each other.

For the guy its mostly a change in his attitude and behaviour and habbits. Which is NOT as easy as it sounds. He nolonger has to just think about himself but about his wife too with every decision he makes. So dont say the guy doesnt make any sacrifices.

Back in BLACK

"Angel" wrote:
Seraph- i am soo nosy but i thought you once mentioned you were engaged, hmm, so weird dunno why i thought that!

Wayda go angel... tell every1 why dont u.

[size=5](nosy scot)[/size].

[size=7]lol, everyones waiting for me to finish my postgraduate and then get a job before I say "Kabool'Hai" (or i run away... which ever comes first).[/size]

Back in BLACK

Ive seen it very funny.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Can you relate anything in that film to Seraph....

like running away from a wedding for example?

...or maybe doing a certain art project?

astaghfirullah!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Or running away from home and dating a white guy astagifirullah!!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
Or running away from home and dating a white [b]guy[/b] astagifirullah!!

yup, that would be especially bad for Seraph.

Problem is not the colour of the skin...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I was taking something out of the film

It is a racist propaganda film.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:
It is a racist propaganda film.

agreed. I saw it when I was a Kafir-scum and liked it, but when I watched it again after converting I was pretty angry with its portrayal of Muslims.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Oh come one Yaqub, don't talk about yourself like that!

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
Did you watch East is East by any chance?

Yes, I have seen East is East and no my life nothing like that. The running away bit was just a dream i had. Doesnt mean i'll actually do it :roll:

"You" wrote:
yup, that would be especially bad for Seraph.

Problem is not the colour of the skin...

Im not sure what colour of skin has got to do with anything... although i frequently get mistaken for a white guy lol.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
...or maybe doing a certain art project?

lol Lol astagfirullah!

Back in BLACK

ive always refused to watch that film, so i dont knw what the art prject bit is about!

There seems to be a situation developing about me within the relatives...and its starting to upset and annoy me now :? - ive known it for time, but its coming to light more lately....and obv its on this topic

takes the michael :evil:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

you should confront them, it's the best way or else they're going to think you're fine with it because you haven’t said anything and if you know they are plotting, that means they know you know.

"Noor" wrote:
you should confront them, it's the best way or else they're going to think you're fine with it because you haven’t said anything and if you know they are plotting, that means they know you know.

I have made my situation clear to my familty - they all know my stance

however if i say anything to my relatives yet then im gona break some hearts - which is what im gona do wen i have to, jus hoping i dont really have to! lol. And because no1 has said anything DIRECTLY to me, i cant say anythin directly back to em. I have to leave it to my mum to ward em off....but when its family, they use all kindsa emotional attempts at boxxing u off :evil:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

oh and you have to be careful what you say, because at teh end of day - they are ya rellies and you dont wanna cause rifts between families etc ...best to use the wisdom approach - which is why i tell my family straight up the way i see things, as they wil listen and understand, and then hopefully then can relay that to any rellies who think im gona marry my cousins :evil:

two aunties were upset when they heard my big bro were marrying outta family, and mum had to deal with em as there were some silly rumours goin around about why he wouldnt marry one of ma cousins (i tell ya...some asian women are so silly). They have to accept it now....but one comes around and speaks to ma mum, to secure me :evil: totally p*sd me off yesterday, she wanted my rishta since i was a child. i mean, did anyone ask me when i was a child! WTF! :evil: :evil:

ive decided to take a very tough and cold stance, and im willing to upset people but dont wanna say too much about it. No yesterday, no today, no tomorrow - the sooner they understand that, the better

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

as long as you've your parents on board you're fine. they'll always back you up inshaaAllah. that's cousins for you, but remember no one can force you to do anything you don't want to and if it means upsetting and breaking people's hearts along the way then so be it. you’re human as well with a heart, why don't they take that into consideration when they start plotting and planning! and don't let them use emotional blackmail on you, that's a typical asian tactic, bring the deen into it and no one can say jack to you.

i know someone in the same position as you, no one has said anything to each other directly but everyone knows about it and now the situation has got really, really bad.

Inshallah you will resolve this problem without any issues arising in your family.

Wow, this is like an Indian film (not that I watch any).

And you were telling me to look for a wife for you. Looking to have two wives eh :twisted:

If I was you I would tell them directly. Like I'm going to marry who I want, and if you like them so much, why don't you marry them. Sometimes telling the truth (how you feel) will hurt others but there's no other choice. Unless you wanna go ahead and marry your cousin.

I myself can't imagine marrying a cousin.

I don't have any male marriageable age cousins! Allhamdulilah Biggrin

(Wow I only have 4 male cousins :shock: Biggrin )

I imagine i will be faced with this dilemma, i would wish to marry into another race if possible.

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:
Seraph- i am soo nosy but i thought you once mentioned you were engaged, hmm, so weird dunno why i thought that!

Wayda go angel... tell every1 why dont u.

[size=5](nosy scot)[/size].

[size=7]lol, everyones waiting for me to finish my postgraduate and then get a job before I say "Kabool'Hai" (or i run away... which ever comes first).[/size]

oopsie sorry! :oops:

Wow what a story.

I wouldn't marry my cousin! She's a nice girl and everything but.... SHE'S MY COUSIN!!!!

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
Wow, this is like an Indian film (not that I watch any).

And you were telling me to look for a wife for you. Looking to have two wives eh :twisted:

If I was you I would tell them directly. Like I'm going to marry who I want, and if you like them so much, why don't you marry them. Sometimes telling the truth (how you feel) will hurt others but there's no other choice. Unless you wanna go ahead and marry your cousin.

I myself can't imagine marrying a cousin.

:evil: its not....if it were, where are the actresses! lol..joke

seriously tho.......im not against the idea of marrying cousins, it works for some people.......and i wouldnt tell everyone to count against it.

but i cant see it happening in my case, and i dont wanna say anything directly until im asked directly.....cant jus go around creating rifts between relatives uneccesarily. Im jus hoping and praying things change and i dont get asked........coz if i do, well i will break some hearts, but im not the type who enjoys having people angry with me

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Seraphim" wrote:
"MuslimBro" wrote:
Did you watch East is East by any chance?

Yes, I have seen East is East and no my life nothing like that. The running away bit was just a dream i had. Doesnt mean i'll actually do it :roll:

I think they are trying imply that your gay.

Personally i dont think think there is owt wrong with the film, i think its quite funny. There are Muslim families out there just like the family in East is East.

As for the art project that is just gross and wrong.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Naz" wrote:
I think they are trying imply that your gay.

Don't be silly.

Pages