Now who wants to get married?

229 posts / 0 new
Last post

Sayyida A’isha (ra) narrates that the Messenger of Allah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said: “The most blessed wedding (nikah) is the one with the least expenses.” (al-Bayhaqi in his Shu’ab al-Iman & Mishkat al-Masabih).

Allah Most High says:

“…But squander not your wealth in the manner of a spindrift; Verily spindrifts are brothers of the Shaytans, and the Shaytan is ungrateful to his lord.” (Surah al-Isra, v. 26-27)

Allah Almighty also commands us:

“…But waste not by excess, for Allah loves not the wasters.” (Surah al-An’am, v. 141)

A marriage which is celebrated without due consideration of excess expenditure is deprived of Allah’s blessings.

The last quote is not generally towards weddings because your not really wasting but it can be applied to everyday life.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Sorry my bad i was remembering something else in my head but again im sorry.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Assalamu alaikum brothers / sisters

We hold events regularly and im sure it will help the visitors to your site.

Below is a list of our marriage events, hope this helps anyone looking for a local event.

Manchester

Sunday 19th December, 2010, 5pm @ The Midland Hotel

The luxury Midland Hotel, Manchester City Centre, (opposite central library), Peter Street, M60 2DS

£20 (payment at door)

London

Saturday 25th December, 2010, 5pm @ The Radisson Hotel

The Radisson Edwardian International Hotel, 140 Bath Road, Hayes, (next to Heathrow Airport), UB3 5AW (on site parking)

£20 (payment at door)

Birmingham

Sunday 26th December, 2010, 5pm @ The Radisson Hotel

The stylish Radisson Hotel, Birmingham City Centre, Queensway, 12 Holloway Circus, Birmingham, B1 1BT

£20 (payment at door)

Jazakallah Kharun

Nur Networks

salaam

more marriage events below
see site:

Sunday 5th December 1-4pm *Practicing Muslim Marriage Event
K.D. Grammar School, Alexandra Road South, Whalley Range, Manchester M16 8GW
£20
BOOK ONLINE
Deadline: 3rd December

Sunday 5th December 5-8pm **Pakistani Muslim Marriage Event
K.D. Grammar School, Alexandra Road South, Whalley Range, Manchester M16 8GW
£20
BOOK ONLINE
Deadline: 3rd December

Saturday 18th December 6-9pm ***Under 30s Professional Muslim Marriage Event
BirbecK College, Malet Street, London WC1E 7H
£20
BOOK ONLINE
Deadline: 13th December

*Notes

*The Practicing Muslim Marriage Event is especially geared towards those Muslims who are actually practicing (i.e. not a "Fasiq" (open sinner) as define by the Classical texts in Shariah) the minimum agreed upon obligations i.e. observe the 5 pillars, the hijab, have no issues with special needs, race, age, status, wealth, occupation, siblings pecking order and their parents will not be an obstacle to whoever is introduced and else.

**A matrimonial event especially geared towards Muslims of Pakistani origin. People of all ages, statuses, "castes" and economic levels are welcome to attend. Non-Pakistani Muslims are also welcome to take part if they are open to marrying Muslims of Pakistani origin.

***A matrimonial event aimed at Professional Muslims aged 30 and under, however it is open to all Muslims from all background.

Copyright 2010 Muslim Marriage Events. All Rights Reserved.

That's my weekend booked then. Thanks.

Noor wrote:
"Islamic Circles" wrote:

Canary Wharf Muslim Professionals Marriage Event
Divorced, Widowed & Polygamy Muslim Marriage Event
Guajarati Muslim Marriage Event
Leeds Muslim Marriage Event
Students Muslim Marriage Event
African and Caribbean Muslim Marriage Event
[color=red][b]Freshie's[/b][/color] and Immigrants Muslim Marriage Event
Glasgow Muslim Marriage Event
Turkish Muslim Marriage Event
The Disabilities Muslim Marriage Event
Converts Muslim Marriage Event

********* FORTHCOMING EVENTS IN BRIEF *********************************

1) ARAB MUSLIM MARRIAGE EVENT: London, 26th January
2) PAKISTANI MUSLIM MARRIAGE EVENT: Birmingham, 2nd February
3) MUSLIM MARRIAGE EVENT FOR THOSE 30 AND OVER: C London, 15th February
4) SOMALI MUSLIM MARRIAGE EVENT: C London, 23rd February

LOL! Lol

lol

"The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.." - unknown

Bliss wrote:
"Ya'qub" wrote:

I think mixed-marriages should be encouraged because they help different parts of the Muslim community to come closer together.

Bliss wrote:
Its a shame that many parents don't see it this way.

So true Sad

"The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.." - unknown

Naz wrote:

As for the term "freshy" i find it offensive. Why do you need to feel the need to label ppl. What coz they dont dress and talk like us stuck up britz who we think are more supervisor to them we have the right to call them names.

And those of you that find the term funny shame on you. Dont forget there are some ppl on this forum that are married to "freshies" so show a bit of respect![/quote]

I dont understand why such fuss about this term. Its only a slang term used to describe people who come from abroad and who are new to the place. Its not a disrespect, just a silly term used. When you start university, you have "freshers" week, nobody gets offended with that, so what. When i go abroad i get called a "white goriii" just cos am from the UK, listen through one ear and take it out the other.

Anyway, dont know why they have this category, cos nobody will turn up lol

Seraphim wrote:

Although my parents are pretty adament that she has to be from same race/culture etc etc etc... very typical and although ive expressed my disapproval of this view. If it came to it, id argue my point and win on religious grounds.[/quote]

When your families are tied to traditions and culture, religious reasoning doesnt seem to justify enough. They are willing to contradict.

idi wrote:

wel at least al get the luxury of havin her under my shoes until the stay lol[/quote]

lol

Noor wrote:

and how will i search for him? i'm not, he's gona come to me! lol

lol

MuslimBro wrote:

My parents are cultural so it goes something like this.

Muslim -> Sunni -> Hanafi -> Bengladeshi -> Sylheti (part of Bangladesh)

I bet they made the list even before I was born and the flowchart must go on and on. But anyway yeah when you bring religion in they can't argue with that.

is that all? lol

Sirus wrote:

Why do couples hold hands during their wedding?
It's a formality just like two boxers shaking hands before the fight begins!

It's funny when people discuss Love Marriage vs Arranged.
It's like asking someone, if suicide is better or being murdered

It is difficult to understand GOD. He makes such beautiful things as women
and then he turns them into Wives

If you are married please ignore this message,
If not married : Happy Independence Day

There's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic
banking. It's called marriage

Fact of life: One woman brings you into this world crying & the other
ensures you continue to do so for the rest of your life!

Q: Why doesn't law permit a man to marry a second woman?
A: Because as per law you cannot be punished twice for the same offence!

[/quote]

haha

Ya'qub wrote:

LOL i just rememebered the wedding of My friend.

He's British and was marrying a Pakistani. He Wore traditional Pakistani dress and that cool hat-thing!

Anyway, he was originally scheduled to give a short speech, basically saying thank you for everyone coming etc...

but when he stood up he was all 'choked-up' and all he could say was "wow" while his voice was cracking (trying to stop the tears)!

TBH I can imagine myself getting teary at my wedding, I can get very soppy sometimes, most recently watching 'Juno' which is just silly :oops:

aww lol. I was told my father had tears in his eyes when he got married, and all the oldies kept on telling him,you shouldnt be crying, you have got your bride lol

[quote=Seraphim]

Ofcourse the guy has to make sacrifices.

thankyou, i was once told by someone that women make sacrifices and always will Sad

For the guy its mostly a change in his attitude and behaviour and habbits. Which is NOT as easy as it sounds. He nolonger has to just think about himself but about his wife too with every decision he makes.

well if they understood this much, then they would be married by now lol (not pointing my fingers at you seraphim)

Pages