Now who wants to get married?

229 posts / 0 new
Last post

Is it because the sister isnt wearing a hijaab?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

:roll:

and there is a hijaab, look closely.

Oooh excuse my eyesight :roll: maybe she doesnt like them because of the colour.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

No, I just don't like them.
I don't think they're that necessary, as long as people don't take offence if someone gets their gender wrong.

Very well said, i was going to say that but im lazy.

I don't find it offensive, just funny. Just to avoid confusion, why not? I think they're great and slick!

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

back to topic of weddings

how much does an average one cost?

by that i mean an asian one, and not etravagant...jus a normal nice one...not too siple either.

About £10,000 i would say?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

does that include flying over relatives from halfway across the world?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

no it doesnt

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

ouch!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

restaurant for about 200 people....of which near 100 are family alone...rest are close friends that you cant not invite.....2 grand there

the clothes...especially womans, cost a bomb! rings, gifts, one decent car, house decorations, food for people during the wedding days....in mum mums case, 3 parking tickets in the wedding week...im probs missing a few things too

i asked my dad how much sisters cost last year....it was near 10grand

told ma brother if he wants to get married he better pay himself

but that means i probs wont be able to get married for looooooooooong tym :shock:

Cray 2 Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

They do tend to cost in the region of 10,000+ (although i think 20,000 is a more accurate figour).

Theres the hall to book (I went to this one wedding where it was £1000 per hour),
then theres the catering for like 500 ppl (buffets seem to be the thing at the moment).
And then the s*** load of clothes...
and the 5 sets of gold jewelry...
the transportation (limo or a bently)...
the entertainment system.
And then the guys who play the drums
and the molvi (who i understand charges a small fee.... i dont know the exact amount).

So yes... it does cost alot of money these days. All so the parents can feel great about themselves.

Back in BLACK

weddings = waste of time & money

why not go back to the sunnah way when it comes to weddings?

"Noor" wrote:
weddings = waste of time & money

why not go back to the sunnah way when it comes to weddings?

Try convincing your parents of that.

Back in BLACK

mum knows what i think about asian weddings and my dad, well he hates all that culture crap at weddings and he would be delighted as it would mean him not wasting money!

"Seraphim" wrote:

:shock:

Having a wedding in Pakistan is so much cheaper plus its more fun. My uncles wedding was like 5 days! The weddings here are sooo boring

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Naz" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:

:shock:

Having a wedding in Pakistan is so much cheaper plus its more fun. My uncles wedding was like 5 days! The weddings here are sooo boring

I knw... thats why i hate going to weddings here.

At this rate I probably wont even attend my own.

Back in BLACK

Lol
I dont think your future wife gonna be best please if you dont turn up to your own wedding. She probs think you got cold feet and done a runner.

ps please can you get rid of the language from your post. Either Admins a bit slow or he needs specs.

"Naz" wrote:
Lol
I dont think your future wife gonna be best please if you dont turn up to your own wedding. She probs think you got cold feet and done a runner.

Im sure i told you about that dream i had where i ran away on my wedding day. lol..... its that dream all over again.

"Naz" wrote:
ps please can you get rid of the language from your post. Either Admins a bit slow or he needs specs.

It doesnt help when you highlight it. :roll:

Back in BLACK

lol are you really that scared of getting married? Or you just scared about having to give up your wallet Lol

You shouldnt be swearing anyway :roll: :roll:

Woh woh woh... the seraphs not afraid of anything. Dirol

And wheres my 70 excuses???

Back in BLACK

whatever... ive sussed you out thats why you trying cover it up now lol.

sub consciously i think you are otherwise why would you have dream about running away on your wedding day. Explain that to me. Dreams say a lot about us.

I always have repetitive dreams about my teeth falling out! I checked it out and it means one feels that they are losing control of their life.

Your not supposed to interpretate the dream literally! Ive also had dreams where i failed all my exams and the world came to an end. But thats never happened!

Your teeth probably fall out coz you're not brushing. lol.. Ive had that dream too.

But seriously im not scared of getting married. Infact im the biggest believers in marriage... infact i wont rest until each and everyone of you is married. No stone shall be left unturned.

Back in BLACK

I do brush my teeth thank you very much.

It doesnt mean that your dream will actually come true. It just reveals your fears and anxieties which you supress. Well thats my theory.

"Naz" wrote:
It doesnt mean that your dream will actually come true. It just reveals your fears and anxieties which you supress. Well thats my theory.

Similar to the Freudian theory, who said dreams are the ''royal road to the unconscious".

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

Similar to the Freudian theory, who said dreams are the ''royal road to the unconscious".

isnt that the sicko that said something along the lines of new born males fancy their mothers and new born females fancy their fathers?

you guys are into some messed up stuff.

:?

Back in BLACK

Weddings are very expensive in the UK, parents spent so much on my older sis weddding, mine was in pak so it was cheaper, only coz clothese/catering/stages are cheaper, but then again you can see the quality varies too. Pak weddings are fun but only if you're getting married near winter time when its cooler!

"Naz" wrote:

different dreams mean different things. you should never ever tell your dream to someone who will interpret it for you unless he is a shaykh or a very knowledgeable person because if they interpret that dream for you wrong, something bad will happen.

different teeth, i.e. molars, canine, long teeth, masticating teeth all represent different members of the family. loose teeth implies that one of his family members will fall ill.

taken from the book dreams and interpretations by allamah muhammad bin sireen rh.

Pages