Now who wants to get married?

229 posts / 0 new
Last post

has anyone every come across a deo and brolly couple?

"Ya'qub" wrote:
I don't like this Biggrin !

I think mixed-marriages should be encouraged because they help different parts of the Muslim community to come closer together.

If only people could see the world like you do. Anyway, these events are all in London, Birmingham and cities like that. Maybe there should be some in other cities too. You know, some guy in, I don't know, Bath needs the service too.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
so who do ppl heer want to get married to ideally and realistically?

from same race/culture?
same sect/school of thought?
from UK or 'back home'?

or any pious Muslim who is compatible with you?

AND how do you or will you search for your future partner? through parents? friends? marriage bureaus?

I don't really give that much of a toss about race, though culture is more relevent. I don't really mind the school of thought as long it doesn't get in the way. It's gonna be difficult to find someone compatible to me from "back home" because my values are fairly different.
The most important things in a marriage would be, respect, love, DIALOGUE, common ground, character/religion and honesty.
And also the love and respect towards children as well. That is VERY important to me.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Or maybe you can look at it another way. Say someone who definitely wanted to marry a freshie but weren't one themselves, they could go to the freshie event and find many there. It doesn't restrict freshie's just to attend the freshie event.

"M4k4v3l1" wrote:
sect doesnt really matter because am gnna marry the person and nt the sect lol

So you wouldn't mind marrying a Shia, or someone from the Ahmadiyya movement for example?

"You" wrote:

I think Islamically the best age to get married is probably around 18/19. Otherwise there is Just too much temptation out there.

I dont think you can really put an age on marriage. It all depends on the person. Some of us have more self control then others.

"Lil Funzi" wrote:
i wouldnt want to marry someone from back home because they could have hidden agendas

defo agree with you there.

"Courage" wrote:
It's gonna be difficult to find someone compatible to me from "back home" because my values are fairly different.

another point i agree on. The ppl in Pakistan have a completely different upbringing to us. Personally i think its easier for a guy to marry a women from back home and be compatiable then for a women.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Ive heard of sick stories about guys in pakistan, so i wouldnt recommend a sister searching for on back home but only if your dead sure the dude aint dodgey.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"Noor" wrote:
ummul mumineen hadrat khadijah (ra) was older than nabi kareem Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him)

If you look at what girls look for now, they want the guy to be older than them.

If you were say 35 years old and single would you want to marry a 20 year old guy. Be honest.

Same goes out to the 25 year old guy here, would you marry a 40 year old girl... I mean woman?

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Noor" wrote:
ummul mumineen hadrat khadijah (ra) was older than nabi kareem Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him)

If you look at what girls look for now, they want the guy to be older than them.

If you were say 35 years old and single would you want to marry a 20 year old guy. Be honest.

No way. I rather be a spinster then marry a toyboy

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"MuslimBro" wrote:
Same goes out to the 25 year old guy here, would you marry a 40 year old girl... I mean woman?

no freaking way lol

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Everyone has differnt preferences, some women may prefer marrying a young guy whilst others older.

A friend of mine is pakistani and wants to get married to an Arab, his family have agreed to it whilst hers have views against it, but inshallah it will be going ahead.

I used to always think i aint get married back home, no way were my thoughts but hey i got married in kashmir last yr, and i am very very happy alhumdullilah and me and my hubby get on soo well. Just depends, i've learnt anywhere you go, you get good ppl and bad, not all are bad!

Seraph- i am soo nosy but i thought you once mentioned you were engaged, hmm, so weird dunno why i thought that!

"Angel" wrote:
Seraph- i am soo nosy but i thought you once mentioned you were engaged, hmm, so weird dunno why i thought that!

lol! you read my mind. i was thinking that too...

"MuslimBro" wrote:

yah, cz by then i would be desperate! Lol

it really depends on the person, if he was a true aashiq e rasool Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and was hardcore, i'd be crazy to say no wa Allahu alam.

Just leave the guy alone maybe he had troubles, maybe he even had his heartbroken and you guys are just re opening the wounds?

Seraph its okay if you want to cry Lol

"Noor" wrote:
"MuslimBro" wrote:

yah, cz by then i would be desperate! Lol

it really depends on the person, if he was a true aashiq and was hardcore, i'd be crazy to say no wa Allahu alam.

He asked would you want to marry him? He didnt specify the guy wants to marry you.

does it make a difference, either way you'll still be marrying someone younger than you.

Not if he doesnt want to get married.

well duh, you cant get married to yourself :roll:

In international waters you can, but anyhoo what where we talking about?

"Noor" wrote:
has anyone every come across a deo and brolly couple?

what or who are brollies?

"Angel" wrote:
A friend of mine is pakistani and wants to get married to an Arab, his family have agreed to it whilst hers have views against it, but inshallah it will be going ahead.

Ah, good luck to him.

Has anyone thought about getting married to someone not from back home but somewhere like Palestine, Morocco. I seem to remember Med talking about getting married to a Palestinian, and how it's rewardable.

I myself want to marry the daughter of an Arab oil tycoon Biggrin

the language barrier and that and not to mention the cultural differences.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
I myself want to marry the daughter of an Arab oil tycoon Biggrin

you told your mum that Wink

He's probs gona have one of those secret marriage to save getting the beating from mummy/daddy :twisted:

On a more serious note, MB would that be possible, not the specifc one, just generally, would your parents be okay with it (this is to everyone, if you have already answered, i'll shut up)

what marrying to a different race person

"Noor" wrote:
the language barrier and that and not to mention the cultural differences.

An English speaking one ofcourse. Can get used to cultural differences.

"Noor" wrote:
you told your mum that Wink

Erm... not yet. And I also don't think that's what she has in mind but she'll get used to it.

mine don't have a clue, never said it to them and probabaly never will! (well not just yet Wink )

the way i see it is, you're gona get married to the person and not your parents. so i dont see why they but in. a lot of muslims are racists. bring the deen into it and they cant win.

oooh so you do have an Arab girl, they are very pretty, meets one of the 4 criteria's!

Pages