Now who wants to get married?

229 posts / 0 new
Last post

as we're on the topic of weddings.

[color=green][b]THE WEDDING OF HADHRAT FATIMA (radhiAllahu anha)[/b][/color]

Faatimah (Radhiallaahu Anha) was the youngest daughter of our beloved Prophet . Out of all the children, she was the most beloved to him. He said, 'The Queen of the ladies in Jannat is Faatimah.' He also said, 'Faatimah is part of my body. Whoever grieves her, grieves me.'

When Faatimah (Radhiallaahu Anha) reached the age of fifteen, proposals for her marriage began to come from high and responsible families. But the Prophet remained irresponsive.

Ali , who was 21 at the time, says: It occurred to me that I should go and make a formal proposal, but then I thought, 'How could this be accomplished, for I possess nothing.' At last, encouraged by the Prophet's kindness, I went to him and expressed my intention to marry Faatima (Radhiyallaahu Anha). The Prophet was extremely pleased and asked, 'Ali! Do you possess anything to give her in Mahr?' I replied, 'Apart from a horse and an armour I possess nothing.'

The Prophet said, 'A soldier must, of course, have his horse. Go and sell away your armour.'

So, Ali went and sold his armour to Uthmaan for 480 Dirham and presented it to Rasulullah . Bilaal was ordered by the Prophet to bring some perfume and a few other things and Anas was sent to call Abu Bakr, Uthmaan, Talhah, Zubayr with some companions from the Ansaar (Radhiallaahu Anhum).

When these men arrived and had taken their seats, the Prophet recited the Khutbah (sermon) of Nikaah and gave Faatimah (Radhiallaahu Anha) in marriage to Ali (Radhiallaahu Anhu). He announced, 'Bear you all witness that I have given my daughter Faatimah in marriage to Ali for 400 Mithqaal of silver and Ali has accepted.' He then raised his head and made Dua saying,'O Allah, create love and harmony between these two. Bless them and bestow upon them good children.' after the Nikaah, dates were distributed.

When the time came for Faatimah (Radhiallaahu Anha) to go to Ali's (Radhiallaahu Anhu) house, she was sent without any clamour, hue and cry, accompanied by Umm Ayman (Radhiallaahu Anha). After the Eesha Salaat, the Prophet went to their house, took permission and entered. He asked for a basin of water, put his blessed hands into it and sprinkled it on both Ali (Radhiallaahu Anhu) and Faatimah (Radhiallaahu Anha) and made Dua for them.

The sovereign of both worlds gave his beloved daughter a silver bracelet, two Yemeni sheets, four mattresses,one blanket, one pillow, one cup, one hand-grinding mill, one bedstead, a small water skin and a leather pitcher.

In this simple fashion, the wedding of the daughter of the leader of the worlds was solemnised. In following this Sunnah method, a wedding becomes very simple and easy to fulfill.

Subhanallah, so i guess this is the type of wedding you want?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Quote:
[b]The sovereign of both worlds[/b] gave his beloved daughter...

huh??????????????

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Imagine if that happened today, dates and water being the food. ALOT of money would be saved, and more importantly, the food would be served on time Smile

I don't really like attending weddings, but when I do, the most important thing for me is the food :oops:

Faatimah (ra) went to Ali's (ra) house without any crying. Nowadays, the bride and her mother esp. cry their eyes out like someone has died. I would find it soo embarrassing, crying in front of the camera and also hundreds of people.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
I don't really like attending weddings, but when I do, the most important thing for me is the food :oops:

no need to be embarrassed, i'm sure that's the case for a lot of people. half of the time i don’t even know the couple (parents do obviously) but i still attend.

Quote:
Faatimah (ra) went to Ali's (ra) house without any crying. Nowadays, the bride and her mother esp. cry their eyes out like someone has died. I would find it soo embarrassing, crying in front of the camera and also hundreds of people.

i find it hilarious! can't control my laughter sometimes, it's like she’s moving 5 minutes away not to the other side of the world!

"MuslimBro" wrote:

Some women are like that... they start crying for no apparent reason. :roll:

Whilst the guy just stands there with a BIG grin on his face Biggrin

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"MuslimBro" wrote:

Some women are like that... they start crying for no apparent reason. :roll:

Whilst the guy just stands there with a BIG grin on his face Biggrin

Lol
That was my uncle on his wedding day,

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

I can imagine myself crying quite easily on my wedding day :oops: - it'd be recognising the end of your life as a girl living with your parents, and the beginning of a brand new life far away.. Your father is no longer your guardian, and you cant be daddy's little girl anymore!! Cray 2 For a lot of girls, its also scary, particularly for girls from back home who (generally) go through a strict arranged marriage system and do not really know what awaits them..

But what I cant understand is the Asian tradition of a bride not being allowed to smile or have fun :roll:

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

"Amal" wrote:
I can imagine myself crying quite easily on my wedding day :oops: - it'd be recognising the end of your life as a girl living with your parents, and the beginning of a brand new life far away.. Your father is no longer your guardian, and you cant be daddy's little girl anymore!! Cray 2

I think that's the reason i cried, its just normal girls tend to be sensitive however i dont feel much different

"Amal" wrote:
But what I cant understand is the Asian tradition of a bride not being allowed to smile or have fun :roll:

Exactly it's pathetic, after my nikah on the stage me and my hubby were constantly chatting and laughing and all these silly women were like oh my god the brides talkin to the groom, well he is mine duh!

Women also start gossiping if they see a husband and wife holding hands in public. (apparently its considered shamefu :? ). And how you cant even sit next to your own husband on the sofa if your visiting a relatives house.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

I was never really one for following tradition.

Back in BLACK

whats wrong with people crying

OTT is funny at times

but people do have emotions you know....some of you lot might not.... and its too easy for you to say as you havnt been married or your a guy

its a big step in life for many or a big move

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

LOL i just rememebered the wedding of My friend.

He's British and was marrying a Pakistani. He Wore traditional Pakistani dress and that cool hat-thing!

Anyway, he was originally scheduled to give a short speech, basically saying thank you for everyone coming etc...

but when he stood up he was all 'choked-up' and all he could say was "wow" while his voice was cracking (trying to stop the tears)!

TBH I can imagine myself getting teary at my wedding, I can get very soppy sometimes, most recently watching 'Juno' which is just silly :oops:

i was supposed to do a speech on ma sisters wedding

she still hasnt forgiven me for not doing it Biggrin - they forced me to agree to do it

i said yes, and when it came to it - didnt know what to say! lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Ya'qub" wrote:

cool hat-thing!

Lol

Its called a sehra

"Sirus" wrote:
its a big step in life for many or a big move

Its a big step for a women. She has to leave her house her parents and siblings to go and live somewhere else. She has to be careful about the friends she keeps. She has to be the prefect wife and daughter in law. Theres more pressure on the women. You guys dont have to give up jack nor make any changes in your lifestyle.

"Naz" wrote:
You guys dont have to give up jack nor make any changes in your lifestyle.

[b]You're joking, right?![/b]

If it wasn't for all the hard-work and sacrifices we make, how would we make all the ladies feel like princesses all the time?

I think both husband and wife [b]should[/b] have to make the same major changes, and both have responsibility to make it a happy and successful marriage (of course there are some guys who take advantage of their wives and visa versa).

"MuslimBro" wrote:
I got an email from Islamic Circles telling me about their events.

I didn't even sign up for anything, and I've only heard about them from the forum.

Hmmm.... [img]

its a sign bro.....attend an event....you might just get lucky!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Islamic Circles" wrote:
Forthcoming Muslim Marriage Events

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Please find below details of our forthcoming Muslim Marriage Events :

All future events including dates and times are posted on our

Canary Wharf Muslim Professionals Marriage Event
Divorced, Widowed & Polygamy Muslim Marriage Event
Guajarati Muslim Marriage Event
Leeds Muslim Marriage Event
Students Muslim Marriage Event
African and Caribbean Muslim Marriage Event
[b]Freshie's and Immigrants Muslim Marriage Event[/b]
Glasgow Muslim Marriage Event
Turkish Muslim Marriage Event
The Disabilities Muslim Marriage Event
Converts Muslim Marriage Event

********* FORTHCOMING EVENTS IN BRIEF *********************************

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a responsible information based e-mail. If you do NOT wish to
receive this, simply contact
and you will be removed from the list immediately.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry but that just made me laugh..

well all of them did. I thought Islam was about being closer with another regardless of race color and background, then how comes everyones segregated into so many different categories.

I mean it would be useful if you did some for brothers and then some for sisters, thats understandable but this is ridiculous.

And if you were coming from the point that many people speak different languages and therefore need segregated events so that someone can speak to them in their mother tongue, that would be more appreciated.

Sorry but this seems so annoying

Learn To Love The People Who Are Willing To Love You At Present. Forget The People In The Past & Thank Them For Hurting You, Which Lead You To Love The People You Have Right Now..

"Ya'qub" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:
You guys dont have to give up jack nor make any changes in your lifestyle.

[b]You're joking, right?![/b]

If it wasn't for all the [b]hard-work and sacrifices we make[/b], how would we make all the ladies feel like princesses all the time?

I think both husband and wife [b]should[/b] have to make the same major changes, and both have responsibility to make it a happy and successful marriage (of course there are some guys who take advantage of their wives and visa versa).

No

oh paaaalease what sacrifices could you guys possibly make?

"Sirus" wrote:

You're my older bro, you should get married first!

"Naz" wrote:

Working our a** off so you can buy the latest jewellery, clothes, handbag, ect...

"MuslimBro" wrote:

"Naz" wrote:

Working our a** off so you can buy the latest jewellery, clothes, handbag, ect...

Such a stereotypical view that you men hold of us women. Not ALL women are scroungers. Not ALL women want to be dependant on a man. Some of us want to earn our OWN money.

Not all women are materialistic!!!!

You know I wasn't generalising the comment to all women.

I've been independent since 5th/6th year, ive been working part time at uni days so had money, i'm used to earning and buying stuff for myself when i want, dad gives me money anytime i need it but i dnt ask him, i love earning my own money and spending it how i wish!

I wil continue doing this inshallah even though I am married.

i use my ema for everything (the little amount i get anyway!) but when i run out, i turn to mum.

"Naz" wrote:

Some men are willing to fight and die for their wife.

There was a documentary I was watching about Afghanistan. There were many men (non-Taliban) who were complaining that they were getting fed-up because the US troops kept raiding their houses and going into the women's quarters. And that's the ONLY reason they stated for fighting against the US forces.

I'm sure many men here would also fight and die for their wife/wives.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

You're my older bro, you should get married first!

as as younger brother, what are you doing to help my case!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Pages