Dua Request thread

392 posts / 0 new
Last post

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
So i seem to have lost my memory stick Cray 2 and i really need it seeing as it has got work on there Sad so anyone know what the du'aa for something lost is? im sure there is one!

repeat the word ya-haqq

Thanks Guys! but it seems a normal duaa after salah will do too Biggrin

ill keep that in mind for next time though!

@ wednesday, i think thats more for something bad rather than for trying to find something lost?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

@ wednesday, i think thats more for something bad rather than for trying to find something lost?

I think the 'from Allah (swt) we come, and to Allah (swt) we return' is not really if we want to find something, but it is a way to acknowledge that everything we own (whether its money, happiness and life itself) is a LOAN from Allah (swt), He was the one who gave it to us and He can take it any time He chooses.

So its more to make us feel better if we lose something that is dear to us forever. (that is why we say it when we hear that someone has died).

But if we want to 'find something' again, (like we've misplaced it temporarily) then i don't think its really applicable.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:

I think the 'from Allah (swt) we come, and to Allah (swt) we return' is not really if we want to find something, but it is a way to acknowledge that everything we own (whether its money, happiness and life itself) is a LOAN from Allah (swt), He was the one who gave it to us and He can take it any time He chooses.

So its more to make us feel better if we lose something that is dear to us forever. (that is why we say it when we hear that someone has died).

But if we want to 'find something' again, (like we've misplaced it temporarily) then i don't think its really applicable.

Ye thats what i thought! Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Whats the dua for someones whose ill?

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:

a dua to help them get better?

erm, a dua to visit someone whos ill is:
La ba/sa tahoorun in shaal-lah. ‘Never mind, may it (the sickness) be a purification, if Allah wills.’

What to do when feeling some pain in the body:
‘Place your hand at the site of the pain and say:

Bismil-lah (three times)

‘In the name of Allah’ (three times) …the supplicate seven times:

aAAoothu billahi waqudratih min sharri ma ajidu wa-ohathir. (seven times).

‘I take refuge in Allah and within His omnipotence from the evil that I feel and am wary of.’ (seven times)

erm, i dont know if this is what you want. Hope all is well. And pray generally after your prayers for the person.

s.b.f wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

That was where i was getting at.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

That was where i was getting at.

Right. Sorry for the waffle.

How much does a dua mean, whether its in Arabic or English? I mean, if I prayed for something, and i just generally asked after my Salah, is that less important, then saying an established dua?

Because I generally say whatever Im thinking about/worried about after my Salah and ask for help then. :S

Knowing what it means is probably a very good thing.

The extra benefit of some of the Arabic dua's can be that they may have been proscribed to the sahabah by the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) himself, so in addition to the dua, using them would also be following sunnah.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Knowing what it means is probably a very good thing.

The extra benefit of some of the Arabic dua's can be that they may have been proscribed to the sahabah by the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) himself, so in addition to the dua, using them would also be following sunnah.

Oh right. Would you say its absolutely necessary to know the arabic form or the actual dua? I know you said its following sunnah. But what if when your asking Allah swt but basically saying the same thing as the Dua itself?

I am not a scholar, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

In addition to that when referring to scholars the books do not in general say "The prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said...", rather "The prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said something similar to..." because the words were not written down at the time, but they are from what the Sahabah remember and those remembrances may not always be exact as to the words used, but to the message that was delivered.

IMO nothing wrong with using your own language.

And this is also an issue with nasheeds/na'ats. Why do people stick to urdu/punjabi/pushtu/persian if the people listening predominantly speak english? ofcourse this is changing over time and there are many english nasheed groups etc, but at more traditional gatherings, those are not used, rather the more well known other language ones.

Saying that, IMO arabic ones should continue too, so maybe I am being hypocritical?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Thats the thing, I really dont believe there being anything wrong with saying the Prayers in English. To me, they make me feel like Im really meaning what Im saying, since I dont know the meanings of the Arabic words.
I think the Arabic ones should. I just wondered, for example, Seraphim asked about the dua for an ill person. i wouldnt have thought to ask, I would have added something like that in a prayer after Salah. So i wondered what would be more effective. I suppose the "more effective" isnt important. I always thought of it more as putting our belief and love into the prayer more than what language am I saying it in.

yeah, english is fine, good and proper.

I have a poster of these dua's for certain occasions on my wall, but I never read them.

Then again, I only took down the calendar for the year 1998 last year. Actually, I never took it off, it fell off. And another one, can't remember what it was.

You wrote:

Then again, I only took down the calendar for the year 1998 last year. Actually, I never took it off, it fell off. And another one, can't remember what it was.

Lol Oh my dear brother, you do take being lazy to a whole new level!

You wrote:

In addition to that when referring to scholars the books do not in general say "The prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said...", rather "The prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said something similar to..." because the words were not written down at the time, but they are from what the Sahabah remember and those remembrances may not always be exact as to the words used, but to the message that was delivered.

Tut tut yara. That's not true.

The temporary ban on recording the Ahadith on paper was lifted and there were even scribes who would record the words of the Prophet SAW as he spoke them. For more information ask Noor (and possibly Angel.)

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

oops, thanks for correcting me. And ok, I ask Noor, angel or anyone else who knows better. please enlighten me.

I am interested in a sister, she is very close to my family. She knows my interest and seems to go back and forth. Please make duaa that we get married.

God bless you both.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

can you all make dua for me friend, her dad passed away a few days ago. shukran.

Dawud wrote:
You wrote:

Tut tut yara. That's not true.

The temporary ban on recording the Ahadith on paper was lifted and there were even scribes who would record the words of the Prophet SAW as he spoke them. For more information ask Noor (and possibly Angel.)

???

nothing wrong with what?

cb to read up.

Noor wrote:
can you all make dua for me friend, her dad passed away a few days ago. shukran.

Salaams,

Remember to keep the whole Ummah in ur duaa's! (obviously i will do the same inshallah) Smile

Assalamu alaikum

Can I request a dua for a sister who is not well, shes been admitted into hospital today. She had a baby nearly 3 weeks ago and we think it may be postnatal depression.

Jazakallah

inshallah will do Smile

Salaam all,

I have a driving test tomorrow, you guys know what to do. (No, not stay the hell off the road! The other thing.)

Dawud wrote:
Salaam all,

I have a driving test tomorrow, you guys know what to do. (No, not stay the hell off the road! The other thing.)

HAHAHA!

I love you, Dawud (fisabillah, of course)!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Dawud wrote:
Salaam all,

Inshallah you will ace the exam and pass.

Which reminds me, I need to book a sixth one... last time I tried to book the whole DSA system was down. (Should I take that as a sign?)

wednesday wrote:
Please remember my Parents in your prayers. This week is a tough week for them. I don't know how fate works but the events in this week could possibly decide many things for them; be it for or against their will. Insha'Allah it should all be sorted with Allah knowing what's best for us and others involved.

Inshallah everything will work out for the best.

And Good luck with your test Dawud. Inshallah you will pass with flying colours. Smile

Pages