Dua Request thread

392 posts / 0 new
Last post

Oh just remembered something. Praying for the ummah in general is okay but aint it bit erm whats the word.... unislamic to be praying specifically for a member of the opposite sex?

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Naz wrote:
Oh just remembered something. Praying for the ummah in general is okay but aint it bit erm whats the word.... unislamic to be praying specifically for a member of the opposite sex?

WHAT?

It would be unislamic to pray that you 'get busy' with a member of the opposite sex (unless married).

But praying for something good for them? What on earth are you on about?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Naz wrote:

Whats so unislamic about it? Its not like you're asking for something sinful or praying for someone is likely to lead you to sin. See Noor.... according to Naz, i shouldnt pray for you either coz it will lead to one of to sin lol.... im sorry... its not you... its me lol.

Back in BLACK

^ :roll:

anyway, jazakAllahu khayran funzo. allhamdulillah your dua has been answered.

(keep praying for me!)

Ya'qub wrote:
Naz wrote:

WHAT?

It would be unislamic to pray that you 'get busy' with a member of the opposite sex (unless married).

But praying for something good for them? What on earth are you on about?

thank god mum doesnt read these forum!

Behold...Me!

@ Yaqub firstly if your married you shouldnt be praying to get busy and if you are then there is something seriously wrong with your marriage.

Secondly if you want to pray for something good then why not pray for the ummah in general, whats the need to say specific duas for the opposite sex. I just think its a bit odd praying for someone whom your not related to.

thirdly you have such a dirty mind.

@Seraphim shut it Blum 3

If someone (like on this forum) asks people to pray for them, automatically if you remeber in your prayer you will think of that person (but not in a bad way). I personally don't think that is wrong whether you are praying for someone of the same sex or opposite (even whilst mentioning their name). A dua is dua as long as its permissible within Islam.

Oh yeah, i know someone who's young boy is aged 6 and is in hospital, he has cystic fibrosis, he had a an op few days ago, he's not doing too well. Please pray for his health and for his family to have sabr in this testing time, thanks.

Naz wrote:
Secondly if you want to pray for something good then why not pray for the ummah in general, whats the need to say specific duas for the opposite sex. I just think its a bit odd praying for someone whom your not related to.

the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) would make specific duas for different sahaba (female and male), many which he Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) wasn't related to. so it is from the sunnah to do so. allhamdulillah wa tabarakAllah.

Naz wrote:

@Seraphim shut it Blum 3

Sticks and stones Naz

:badgrin:

Back in BLACK

Noor wrote:
^ :roll:

anyway, jazakAllahu khayran funzo. allhamdulillah your dua has been answered.

mashallah thats good to hear!
noor wrote:

(keep praying for me!)

inshALLAH

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Noor wrote:
Naz wrote:

the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) would make specific duas for different sahaba (female and male), many which he Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) wasn't related to. so it is from the sunnah to do so. allhamdulillah wa tabarakAllah.

fair enough

Salam

Can I request all members to pray for Naz.

The woman needs it. And she needs it pretty fast.

Omrow

I was once told that a strangers prayers are more potent

Salam

laila wrote:

I was once told that a strangers prayers are more potent

What - even impotent strangers?

Omrow

Omrow wrote:
Salam

Omrow

w/salaam

Are you fasting?

Omrow wrote:
Salam

Omrow

are u seriously suggesting that Naz is a girl?

Behold...Me!

Sumaiya wrote:
Omrow wrote:
Salam

Omrow

are u seriously suggesting that Naz is a girl?

No he is suggesting SHE is woman which SHE is.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Sumaiya wrote:
oh s**t!

hahahahaha Lol

Back in BLACK

Salam

Sumaiya wrote:
oh s**t!

Seraphim: hahahahaha Lol

I dont think we need to make any prayer for Sumaiya.

I just thank God for making her so straight.

Omrow

i only said 'sh**t' because in another topic i called her a guy.

Sumaiya

Behold...Me!

Thats exactly what the Master and I meant.

He laughhed, and I was relieved.

Ya Allah, please bring Omrow to his senses.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Noor wrote:
duas please.

Well since you asked so nicely.

Back in BLACK

can everyone please make dua that my hair stops falling out. i’m going bald Sad

Noor wrote:
can everyone please make dua that my hair stops falling out. i’m going bald Sad

You canhavesome of mine. I've got soo much of the stuff!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Pages