What Did You learn Today?

1053 posts / 0 new
Last post

-I learnt that sometimes non Muslims can go OTT in their zeal of not offending Muslims, who after all, are well known for going OTT when they get offended.

In my RE lecture on Friday, this non Muslim guy had to do presentation on Islam…his pronunciation made me giggle, exp when he went on and on about “A-llah” and the “Mozlims”…he got his facts right, except for the bit when he thought that “Mecca is in Pakistan” and said that Muslims have lots and lots of celebrations through out the year (I think he may have confused monthly historical events with “celebrations”)

And then, after the lecture the guy had to come up to me and apologise for causing me offence in any way ??!!

Even throughout the lecture, my RE lecturer who has worked as a head teacher for 25years and was a ex- RE Co-ordinator stopped loads of times during her talk just to say to me “Did I pronounce that correctly?” “Is that right?”..

[b][color=violet]today...well i learnt thatttttttt... life is one big task! and there are many things that you have to overcome.

Oh yeh and hibernating in the house is not that bad!!! [/color][/b] Lol

...live everyday as your last day...

Today I realised that although I have the potential, I dont like to become Uri Geller.

"Omrow" wrote:
Today I realised that although I have the potential, I dont like to become Uri Geller.

uri geller like u also has an unhealthy obsession with spoons

so ur on ur way to becoming just like him

"Omrow" wrote:

whos uri geller :?

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

I learnt that, when one experiences a death of a loved one…it’s as if time stands still…everything is put into perspective and life seems pointless so people vow to live a better life from now on and focus on the hereafter.

However, for too many of us, this feeling is fleeting.

[b][color=violet]welll...today i have learnt that many people don't realise about death till somon close them have passed awayyy...[/color][/b]

today i learnt sum people expect you to do all the wrk n then take all the credit for sumthing they didnt do!!! :o

[b][color=violet]lol i hate when that happensss[/color][/b]!

"Snoopz" wrote:
today i learnt sum people expect you to do all the wrk n then take all the credit for sumthing they didnt do!!! :o

[b][color=indigo]LOL

That was funny Lol [/color][/b]

not very funny at all noor, bt thanks u were a life saver today Biggrin x

[color=indigo][b]Thats what cuzzys are for ineh?! We'll kill it on wednesday Insha'allah! cant w8 to drill! Wink [/b][/color]

brap Biggrin

i learnt that my favourite icecream is zap!

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

i learnt hw confusing uni is even tho i'm nt thier yet , i dnt knw hw i am going to cope wen i do get thier
Inshallah if i do live to then

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

can't be as bad as school, at least you can chill out there! if i can cope with P.E then you can cope with anything

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

[b][color=violet]oh i hate P.E were doing gymnasticssss!!!!!![/color][/b]

we're doing dance Cray 2 i cant even do a cartwheel Cray 2 and we're doing netball for outdoor sport Biggrin but we're going to do hockey after that Sad but i prefer it to dance Biggrin

"zara" wrote:
i learnt that my favourite icecream is zap!

havnt had a zap in ages

i have one every day!

"zara" wrote:
we're doing dance Cray 2 i cant even do a cartwheel Cray 2 and we're doing netball for outdoor sport Biggrin but we're going to do hockey after that Sad but i prefer it to dance Biggrin

[b][color=violet]what school you at???[/color][/b]

"zara" wrote:

[b][color=violet]i cant do a cartwheel either lol!
what school you at?
and i hate hockey!!! [/color][/b]

a grammar school,
i like hockey, at least i can hit the ball.
i have to climb about 100 steps to get my class room, right after P.E!!!

"zara" wrote:
a grammar school,

[color=violet]lol you just reminded me of the trip i had gone on in my primary school where we had to go down 150 stepss! but suprisingly i never got that tired[/color][b][/b]

[size=18][color=indigo][b]Stick to topic!![/b][/color][/size]

"*Sponi*" wrote:
"zara" wrote:
a grammar school,

[color=violet]lol you just reminded me of the trip i had gone on in my primary school where we had to go down 150 stepss! but suprisingly i never got that tired[/color][b][/b]

i have to climb UP tho!!!
sorry noor

[b][color=violet]Sorrryy Nooooriyyaaa

right lets get back to the topiccc...[/color][/b]

Today I learnt that:

- it is essential to carry a spare pen, my pen ran out of ink today in lecture and I had to use my mates pen.

- it is not a good idea to go through a traffic light when it's [size=7]red[/size], amber really Biggrin

Pages