What Did You learn Today?

Salaam

It is said that "knowledge is what you hear from the mouths of men as they only repeat the best of what they have heard"

I think it’d be useful to post tid-bits of invaluable information-religious/non religious here in this thread.

It can be stuff that you learnt in work/Uni/Mosque/in a talk/something a wise elder told you/a life experience or something that you suddenly realised.

It can be minor or major stuff. It has to be stuff that you never knew before.

Today I learnt…

1-Why I shouldn’t trust, join or think highly of the Sufi Muslim Council

2-It’s quicker for me to get to Uni by Car than public transport.

3-Rubicon Pomegranate juice is tasty and apparently very good for you.

4-Spending so much time typing on computers leads to illegible handwriting and poor spelling

5-Being in the spotlight on a regular basis results in a higher chance of insincerity in actions and can negate all good work.

Keep this thread updated regularly…

Wasalaam

Sometimes all you have to do is turn up to the interview and you get the job.

Alhamdulillah.

Kinda off topic Beast, but I've learned a LOT from you.

I remember your initial hunch about the SMC and you happened to be right...in fact you've often been right on many things.

Congrats on your new Job. Biggrin

I've learnt from you that I know nothing.

Thanks alot...

Today I learnt that Beast got a new job. Congrats!

Or commiserations depending on your point of view! :twisted:

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

It's not a [i]new [/i]job - it's my [i]first [/i]job.

They seemed to want me more than I wanted them. Suppose I'll just have to see how things pan out.

(I start tomorrow!)

"Beast" wrote:
It's not a [i]new [/i]job - it's my [i]first [/i]job.

Soooo what's your first job?....History teacher?

I've also neva worked....gonna follow Beast's footsteps Biggrin

Surely SOMEONE learnt something today...doesnt life teach you anything? :?

I havnt learnt anything new today..

actually i have, my sis is more annoying than i thought she was.

Jobs don't fall from the skies you have to actually apply for them Lol

If you have heavier weight yet you are healthy the weight is due to the weight of your muscles and not always due to having heavy bones (does that make sense :? )

Contacting people who you don't know can actually be fun

p.s. congrats beasty - well done! (admin have u found a job yet?)

Also M bro - get a job and get experience in the field you wish to pursue at uni, it only makes things easier for u in future. Experience weighs more than qualifications do these days...

"Angel" wrote:

If you have heavier weight yet you are healthy the weight is due to the weight of your muscles and not always due to having heavy bones (does that make sense :? )

Also....you should never weigh youself with a full bloated stomach...best time to weigh yourself is early morning before breakfast....on a flat surface wearing lightish clothes.

"Angel" wrote:
Also M bro - get a job and get experience in the field you wish to pursue at uni, it only makes things easier for u in future. Experience weighs more than qualifications do these days...

I've been lookin for a job for a few years now but no luck. Most of the people I give my CV's to don't even bother replying. And the companies which do reply reject me. The only interview I had was with M&S, but got rejected.

Another problem with lots of companies is that they want people with experience, but how am I going to get experience if no-one gives me a job?

The problem I had in college was that some companoies were offering me work but I had to work on one weekday, but as I had college I had to refuse the offer. Hopefully at uni I'll have more time which means more chance to get a job inshaAllah.

i learnt that the arrogant, self-rightous, hyporcrital Muslims can make islam appear ugly Cray 2

I've learnt the path to rightiousness and accomplishing selfworth is through life's hardships. Its what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Back in BLACK

[color=magenta]i learnt im an acoustic learner[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]i learnt im an acoustic learner[/color]

Im the total opposite to that, I always tend to switch off, im more off a book learning person even tough i hate books.

[color=magenta]i also learnt why chinese ppl are so clever in subjects like maths n science cuz their alphabet is to do wth logic n from an early age they are good with logic so they find maths n science a breeze apparently thats wht a chinese dude told me[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

I've learnt that Mr Admin hasnt banned the word BITCH but has a problem with the word "D.UMB"

What can be more D.UMB than that :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
I've learnt that Mr Admin hasnt banned the word BITCH but has a problem with the word "D.UMB"

What can be more D.UMB than that :roll:

The fact that he asked the mods not to touch it.

Back in BLACK

I got no idea's about what the five star word is that I have not banned.

At the moment, very few words are on the banned words list.

and I banned the D words coz it is stupid was being overused. It also has two meanings, so I can justify myself behind political correctness.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
I got no idea's about what the five star word is that I have not banned.

EDIT BY ADMIN

ok, got it now. Not many words are banned, as that allows for complacency to set in.

If a words is starred out. it means people can use it, knowing it will be starred out. it sets a bad precedent.

I learned:

1. Abraham Lincoln probably visted houses of prostition early in his life

2. That it is easier to make sacrifices than it is to ask somebody to make them on your behalf.

3. That there is a phenomenal ten year old named Olivia Olson who can sing very very very well

4. That my reuben sandwiches are revolting

Salaam

I've learnt that the Divine nature is Rahma

I'm such an idiot, cannot believe it took me this long to consiously grasp this.

I also learnt that Tawba is more than repentance, a better translation is turning around. It means turning around from the shadow to see the light.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

That evil can be fought with a stick.

Back in BLACK

I learnt that there are rude, ignorant, disrespectful on this forum who think what they are saying is totally acceptable in the name if Islam.

Astagfirullah!!!

May Allah guide them.

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
I learnt that there are rude, ignorant, disrespectful on this forum who think what they are saying is totally acceptable in the name if Islam.

Astagfirullah!!!

May Allah guide them.

mee too !!!!! i also learnt to not take ignorant people seriosuly. nothing they utter cud be serious. or better still wrth listenign to.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

[color=red]
i learnt that thick people sud learn not post on here with think views.[/color]

Look people you get weirdo's and wackjobs no matter where you go. Be it online or in real life.

You've gotta learn to eat the whole cake rather than just eating a single slice.
(hhmm that dont sound right.... oh well you get what i mean).

Oh and i learnt: only thru selfsacrifice and hard work can you achieve something. Sitting around doing nothing aint gonna get you anywhere.

Back in BLACK

I learnt that…sometimes when you DON’T look forward to something; you end up being pleasantly surprised and vice versa.

It takes less time to sprout out a rude, insulting response but takes a lot longer to carefully prepare a non-insulting response…

You pretty much get whatever you want in life, providing you want it badly enough and work hard for it…

Fish's can surive upto 5 days without any food.

Assalamualaykum,

I learnt that however much you try you might not achieve anything unless you are meant to.

And today I was not supposed to, subhanallah.

[img]http//i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/fanafilllah/sig6.jpg[/img]

Pages