What Did You learn Today?

1053 posts / 0 new
Last post

today i learnt i cannot live without chocolate.

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

[b][color=indigo]mmmm Chocolate! I had 2 of them chocolate xmas trees from Thorntons. Yum![/color][/b]

Today i learnt its easier to learn when:

- your not hungry
- when you enjoy what ur learning
- when you are curious about what you dont know

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

i learnt how to make icing to put on cakes. so i made green cakes with white icing.

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

[color=indigo][b]Apparently i am quiet and lack in confidence.

What the hell!!!! :shock: :o [/b][/color]

"zara" wrote:
today i learnt i cannot live without chocolate.

yeah me too. especially chocolate just out of the fridge.!!

live and let live!!!!!!!

"Noor...*" wrote:

:? yh rite lol that'l be the day Biggrin

"Snoopz" wrote:
"Noor...*" wrote:

[color=indigo][b]Ineeh Biggrin i was so confuzzled when shes said that! I was like errrr no... you've got the rong person.[/b][/color]

"Noor...*" wrote:
"Snoopz" wrote:
"Noor...*" wrote:

[color=indigo][b]Ineeh Biggrin i was so confuzzled when shes said that! I was like errrr no... you've got the rong person.[/b][/color]

indeed confidence. u gt too much of it

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

[b][color=indigo]Not more than you Wink

Sometimes your a lil waaay too confident![/color][/b]

"Noor...*" wrote:
[b][color=indigo]Not more than you Wink

Sometimes your a lil waaay too confident![/color][/b]

in agood way or abad way

I learnt that feeling depressed is an external thing…in other words, its friends, family or society that makes people feel depressed and negative; it’s not something that takes place without external influence.

I also learnt that very young guys AND old guys have ego’s that need to be massaged…(I attended a family wedding this weekend and everyone from my dad to my kid cousins, my brother and my uncles asked me “if their suit looked the best” and even though to me – they all looked the same, I told them all individually that they were the best looking guy present).

I also learnt that too many people put friends before their family.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

I also learnt that very young guys AND old guys have ego’s that need to be massaged…(I attended a family wedding this weekend and everyone from my dad to my kid cousins, my brother and my uncles asked me “if their suit looked the best” and even though to me – they all looked the same, I told them all individually that they were the best looking guy present).

[b][color=indigo]My bro and cuz are like that!! My bro stands in the mirror checking hsi clothes out to see whether if he looks posh! Loool! He's worse than a girl! Does this match, does this go with my shoes, jacket bla bla bla!!! And my cuzins like Do i look Buff?![/color][/b]

which cuz noor :roll:

i learnt today how easy its to miss school Smile

i learnt not to hide behind the curtains so that my teacher wouldn't see me and i could have been able to bunk assembly.

I learnt that sometimes I appreciate being patronised and spoken to as if I’m a kid…like when I’m sitting scared to death on the dentist’s chair.

I've also learnt how useless it is to over analyse and think too much...its better to just go with the flow.

[color=indigo][b]I learnt that 7 hours of babysitting can still be fun!!!![/b][/color]

i learnt that my some people have crazy emotional attachments with their cars :roll:

i also learnt that some parents and kids have views that are at opposite end of the spectrum - i know of a lady who was looking for a hardcore Niqaabi for her son, and her son was looking for "someone he can go clubbing with" Lol

[color=violet]today i have learnt that choosiiinngg an name for a baby is quiet awkwrddd[/color][b][/b]

...live everyday as your last day...

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I learnt that feeling depressed is an external thing…in other words, its friends, family or society that makes people feel depressed and negative; it’s not something that takes place without external influence..

I just want to add a bit to that.. I dont think its always as a result of external influence.. Some medical conditions (like hormonal irregularities) make a person more prone to becoming depressed.. thats why some new mothers suffer from the "baby blues" - because their hormonal levels have become imbalanced as a result of their expectancy.. people's experiences of depression vary from person to person.. sometimes external, sometimes internal..

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

i'v learn't today how Deceitful people could be , whether that is due to their age or their genral well being

"*Sponi*" wrote:
[color=violet]today i have learnt that choosiiinngg an name for a baby is quiet awkwrddd[/color][b][/b]

[color=orange]yep thats true i did it 4 sum of my cuzinz and it is quite hard anywayz have u chosen a name yet ???[/color]

the only the only nisha not Nasha

"Bliss" wrote:
i'v learn't today how Deceitful people could be , whether that is due to their age or their genral well being

[color=indigo][b]LOL

I learnt that some people can be over sensative! A lil too OTT!

Also how cheap it is to travel from Sheffield to Leeds then to Bradford and then back to Sheffield! Only £5.80!!!![/b][/color]

"Amal" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
I learnt that feeling depressed is an external thing…in other words, its friends, family or society that makes people feel depressed and negative; it’s not something that takes place without external influence..

I just want to add a bit to that.. I dont think its always as a result of external influence.. Some medical conditions (like hormonal irregularities) make a person more prone to becoming depressed.. thats why some new mothers suffer from the "baby blues" - because their hormonal levels have become imbalanced as a result of their expectancy.. people's experiences of depression vary from person to person.. sometimes external, sometimes internal..

I heard a scholar once say that...our natural disposition (fitrah) is designed to be in a state of peace and content at all time. It's external influences that affects its state.

He said that, the only reason why kids learn how to worry and stress is cos they pick it up from their parents....

I sometimes wonder if I'd still stress over stuff if it wasnt for the pressure of family and wider society...

[b][color=violet]well today i have learnnnttttt one of my cuz think she is soo pretyy!!! (blesshhhh her))

she doing her hair at the momentttt...!!!

i think someone needs to give her a reality slap and wake her uppp...[/color][/b]

...live everyday as your last day...

awwww that's cute!
i learnt never to have hot sauce ever again!

I learnt that acting like a kid is so much fun and its sad that we dont get to do that as much we should...I also learnt that to understand how kids feel/learn you really need to get to their level.

I spend the day playing games today at one of my PE placements. I had so much fun Biggrin

today i'v learnt that i actually eat more then the average man

Pages