What Did You learn Today?

1053 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Admin" wrote:
Just learnt the meaning of the word 'somnambulant'.

To walk while sleeping.

Can't you just say sleepwalking :roll:

-Some people are full of hot air…always shouting, criticizing, passionately debating issues, but when it actually comes to doing anything…they don’t want to know.

-Some aunties use their old age and/or senility as an excuse to get away with murder.

-Its incredibility wrong to lead people on…it makes the person seem heartless, insensitive, arrogant and inconsiderate…everyone has a right to a straight answer.

-When teaching is fun…everyone learns.

-Long drives can be therapeutic.

-Certain films can terrify you when watched in the cinema, however when watched at home, they don’t do anything for you. (I watched Emily Rose on DVD yesterday-Lame).

-One speaks more eloquently in front of large audiences when they are relaxed…and one is more likely to stutter and get tongue tied when they are nervous.

today i learnt im scared of cats

they move toooooooooooo fast

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

today i'v learn't hw much zikar can do fr me internally , it like ur on buzz afterwards wicked feeling to have allhamduallah .

u feel so peace and fresh inside Biggrin

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

[color=red][b]i learnt that i am actually scared of spiders [/color][/b]

the only the only nisha not Nasha

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
Just learnt the meaning of the word 'somnambulant'.

To walk while sleeping.

Can't you just say sleepwalking :roll:

nuances of meaning.

Afterall there must be a reason why there are over 150 words for camel in Arabic.

We should try to avoid all this palaver.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I learnt that scientific research has found that the brain reacts to a social rebuke in just the same way as it does to a physical injury. In other words……..our thoughtless behaviour delivers injuries to one another, each one of which is felt as acutely as physical pain.

I also learnt to never assume…I used to feel quite confident taking my car all over London and parking it in rough areas telling myself…”who’d wanna jack anything in a rusty fiesta”…I had my windows smashed and my stereo stolen yesterday. :?

BUS FARE TAKES THE ARGHHHHHHH id rather walk everywhere

I’ve learnt that its possible to have eyes that are greedier than your stomach…that’s why many people go OTT when filling their plate, they make other people go without…and then they chuck in the bin half of their leftover food.

I’ve learnt…

-According to some new age discrimination act, one is longer required to state their age on job applications…however, all the job application forms I’ve filled out recently want to know my GCSE grade and the year I did them....and nearly everyone sits their GCSE’s when they’re 16…..so based on this info, it doesn’t exactly take rocket science to work out ones age.

-I’m a very tolerant person; however I have ZERO tolerance when it comes to the teasing of grown men-My uncles.

-Pure Turkish coffee is DISGUSTING. It’s something that I can’t even force down out of politeness….even brushing ones teeth, using a strong mouthwash and eating a sour orange can not take away the vile taste that stays ins ones mouth for hours.

-Asian families love to exaggerate.

-Unless one is REALLY saintly,..its very difficult to behave in a selfless manner towards others and yet have ones efforts ignored and not appreciated…cos sooner or later…be it couple of weeks, months or years down the line, feelings of being used creeps in.

-Research shows that slim, fit and healthy people are more likely to join the gym.

-Some women put down others cos deep down they’re extremely insecure.

2dy i learnt afternoon naps r the best

-Getting dressed up can be the highlight of ones day and can be really REALLY therapeutic.

I learnt the population of Newzealand at 12:33am on the first of January was estimated at...

4,164,323 people.

[url=

Random knowledge ftw!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[color=indigo][b]ftw?[/b][/color]

for the win.

[color=indigo][b]O'okkkkkkk[/b][/color]

then there is ftuw = for the uber win

and on the opposite ftl = for the lose

and ftul = for the uber lose.

get with the times.

Just no txt spk whch cn be annying on frms.

[color=indigo][b]Nutter :roll: [/b][/color]

today i learnt that there are 6 diff types of headaches :o

such as..?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

lol i dont kno i was told there were 7 n ive got the one that cums n goes o

"Snoopz" wrote:
today i learnt that there are 6 diff types of headaches :o

Quote:

lol i dont kno i was told there were 7 n ive got the one that cums n goes

your making this up arent you?!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

no im not!!! research n find out for yourself if u dont beliveeeeeeeeee me Smile

-31% of young British Muslims leave school with no qualifications.

A third (33%) of Muslims of working age in Britain have no qualifications - the highest proportion for any religious group. They were also least likely to have degrees or equivalent qualifications.

(National Statistics 2006)

-80% of teachers in England are female.

-60% of secondary head teachers are male.

-It is possible to be a acedemic yet have a high number of "blonde moments" to your name... :?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
-It is possible to be a acedemic yet have a high number of "blonde moments" to your name... :?

Academics aren't clever. They just know how to dress up their opinions in fancy language.

"Beast" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

Academics aren't clever. They just know how to dress up their opinions in fancy language.

Lol. Acedemics are clever. But ONLY in their field of expertise....ask them anything else and they're lost.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Beast" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

Lol. Acedemics are clever. But ONLY in their field of expertise....ask them anything else and they're lost.

Nah i agree with Beast... i used to confuse the heck outta my teachers in college. lol infact he would forget what he was gonna say and id end up taking over... it drove him up the wall :twisted:

In secondary school my class actually broke a teacher... he had a nervious breakdown and the head of year had to come down to sort us out. lol.... classic.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
In secondary school my class actually broke a teacher... he had a nervious breakdown and the head of year had to come down to sort us out. lol.... classic.

At my school it got so bad for one teacher she killed herself... not so classic.

Pages