What Did You learn Today?

1053 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Snoopz" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
-It’s possible to be totally attached to your car, be driving 24/7 for over a year and STILL not know you own cars registration number, engine size or what type of petrol it needs.

my sis called my dad to ask him how to open the car bonet how shocking :shock: lol

Lol. I was like that for a few months when I first got my car...but whats REALLY shocking with me is, I STILL dont know what kind of petrol my car takes.

I was in a petrol station in an unknown area a few weeks ago...and because I wasnt in my "usual petrol station/at my usual pump"....I had to ask the guy who was in front of me, what petrol my car takes. :?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Snoopz" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
-It’s possible to be totally attached to your car, be driving 24/7 for over a year and STILL not know you own cars registration number, engine size or what type of petrol it needs.

my sis called my dad to ask him how to open the car bonet how shocking :shock: lol

Lol. I was like that for a few months when I first got my car...but whats REALLY shocking with me is, I STILL dont know what kind of petrol my car takes.

I was in a petrol station in an unknown area a few weeks ago...and because I wasnt in my "usual petrol station/at my usual pump"....I had to ask the guy who was in front of me, what petrol my car takes. :?

LOL.... how could you now know??? It never occured to you to read the label on what you were pouring in at your "usual petrol station"??

Back in BLACK

The first few times when I went to fill up at a petrol station, I went to my local Sainsbury's. Luckily they had colour coding and mine was green and I didn't know the name of the fuel until a few weeks later.

Correct me if I'm wrong, there's 3 kinds of fuel: unleaded, super unleaded and diesel.

isnt there leaded aswell :? lol ive never put petrol in evaaa :shock: n ive never paid attention to the types of petrol either

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

[b][color=indigo]You dont even use your car!!!! [/color][/b]

:twisted: its not got power steering i cant move it ITS TOO DAMN HEAVIIII

[b][color=indigo]Excuses, excuses, excuses!

Whats happened to ur new car? :? [/color][/b]

"Snoopz" wrote:
its not got power steering i cant move it ITS TOO DAMN HEAVIIII

Your car must be ancient then, coz they stopped making cars with no power steering ages ago.

Cars with no power steering are virtually impossible to steer when stationary.

its a corsa braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap Biggrin

in the course of these two weeks

-i learnt that i was right all along about freshi pakis

-all paki stuff can be brought from this country too-theres only a small diff in price

-there's is no compensation for family-and thats only immediate family

-travel is the best way to find out about someone

-the more stingy u are-the more financial loss ur likely to face

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

and what was that if you don't mind me asking, but i think i got a feeling what you going to say

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

"Bliss" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

and what was that if you don't mind me asking, but i think i got a feeling what you goign to say

they are backwards

uncivilised

sexist

ignorant

sexist

arrogant

greedy

and the women are mean and nasty

and No i didnt meet every single Paki in the whole of Pakistan in the two weeks i was there

but everyone i did meet in the so called "modern, westernised, liberal" city of Karachi was like that

and that incl family, neighbours - wider society ie. the average person on the street

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Bliss" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

and what was that if you don't mind me asking, but i think i got a feeling what you goign to say

they are backwards

uncivilised

sexist

ignorant

sexist

arrogant

greedy

and the women are mean and nasty

and No i didnt meet every single Paki in the whole of Pakistan in the two weeks i was there

but everyone i did meet in the so called "modern, westernised, liberal" city of Karachi was like that

and that incl family, neighbours - wider society ie. the average person on the street

blimey never knew it was that bad. yeh sis was saying also how karchi is so very westernised .

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

it is westernised

many girls i know used to reg go to late night mixed parties- :shock:

but despite how "western" they may be

that dont change how backwards they are :roll:

also coming back to my other point

it was on this trip that i got to know my daddy and fell in love with him Biggrin

travel makes u realise what a person is really like

usually-at home

im out all day

dads at work all day

in the evenings we all do our own thing

i realised how much my dad loves me when he used to treat me 24/7 just cos he knew how homesick i was

he even used to clean up my vomit :shock: :shock:

I learned why it is dangerous to let women have too much control over house decorating.

I have decorative hand towels in my wash rooms.

[i]Decorative[/i] hand towels.

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!

i learnt how lovely my family is Dirol

tis my Bday today and i was pleasantly surprised

loooooooool@lilsis was it really that bad huh?

Dave i duno women hey you can't live with um but u cant live without um either Biggrin

"yashmaki" wrote:

Dave i duno women hey you can't live with um but u cant live without um either Biggrin

lol true. Couldn't live without my three girls Smile

"yashmaki" wrote:

D

words can not describe the living hell that i experienced

no joke.

gosh. well i didnt realise u went on hols til i clocked on a few days ago, ive not been here so much. anyways glad to have you back need a bit of humour in this place. nice to have you home again where you are content! Wink

yep-home is where the heart is

damn right it is Dirol

Paki's dnt even know how to make one of their own feel welcome Cray 2

whens the last time u vistited the motherland?

ive never been there i kinda feel like i missed out but i duno i dont long to go there either. maybe i shud perhaps it'd make me more grateful for the things i do have and take for granted. Hubby mentions it but i said id rather use the money for a pilgrimage go back home after that.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Are you sure it wasnt something you said??

Back in BLACK

oh yeh def.

u need to visit for experience and character building :roll: - to know ur roots and to DEF make u appreciate what u do have

but def do hajj first

"Seraphim" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

i was miles and miles away from home, friends and family. Puking up every opportunity i got cos i cudnt keep my food down AND was getting robbed on a reg basis. and was crying myself to sleep every night

i didnt exactly have the strength to make bitchy comments :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

i was miles and miles away from home, friends and family. Puking up every opportunity i got cos i cudnt keep my food down AND was getting robbed on a reg basis. and was crying myself to sleep every night

i didnt exactly have the strength to make **** comments :roll:

I kinda meant before you starting puking but I did warn you about that before you left.

Back in BLACK

why the puking u get a stomach bug? is it normal change of country and climate??? what im clueless...

i think it was food poisening

i had lost my appetite there

i cudnt stand anything

i think the body just find it hard to cope with a difference in meat/diary etc

-I’ve learnt that the comment “what the hell are YOU doing for the Ummah” does not instil guilt in people but instead gets people irritated…I’m not sure if this is because of arrogance on behalf of the questioner (i.e. I’m doing all this for the Ummah and you aint doing jack all) or if this is cos people dislike the guilt trip and automatically go on defence.

-If you want to succeed in life, pass exams, be a success etc make sure you’re there to help others succeed too…this act of goodness will guarantee your own success.

-You can’t knock anything until you’ve tried it…and after you’ve tried it you can knock it as much as you want.

-Even the most expensive thing you own loses its novelty sooner or later.

-Giving is almost as enjoyable as received (Almost).

-I've learnt that some mums are evil enough to break up their own childrens marraiges.

-Its a small world, no secrets can be hidden. So making out as if your somone that your not, comes out sooner or later.

-Some people are just prone to bad luck.

Pages