The Revival HomePage

272 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Admin" wrote:

I still need to reduce the amount of blue. The bottom is way way too blue atm.

yes get rid of the ugly blue

this isnt a boys only website :roll:

but i LOVE the rest of what u done

Letys get one colour scheme finished first...

I only have the bottom blue bit left to sort out now...

The rest us more or less finished....

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Letys get one colour scheme finished first...

Well no one realy wants blue, go with Dawud's suggestion of mint, see right at the bottom left-hand side there is a pic sayin " GOD - do u believe in him" the mint in the background looks nice and i think it wil go nicely with the gold colour.

Everything above the articlebar is finished. (unless I missed something...)

I actually like the colour clash between the orange and the blue.

I just need to sort out the article bar and the bit below it.

Inshallah The page should go official over the weekend.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

yeh i fink da colourz r hevi izwell ! xx tek it eazi peace out

'A book holds a house of gold'

Since you are online 'Ed:

[url= here[/url]

I am planning to push it after a few small changes.

Your last chance to argue for the addition of the kitchen sink.

ok I have finished it now.

Just waiting for approval.

[url= Revival Test Page[/url]

No more changes.

I am sure 'Ed will hate it. (That is my mark of approval!)

But I will give him the courtesy of ranting about it before I push it onto the homepage. :twisted:

There is some other stuff that can be done, but I want something to replace the current 'dead' homepage before i expreiment with other things that may take forever, or longer.

The new homepage stands out, focuses on important stuff, and looks good. Its vibrant. I left out alot of stuff to get somethign that looked good.

Its got a dedcent amound of colour clash: Just enopugh to be noticeable, and not enough to annoy. Perfect.

I have tested in Internet Explorer 6sp2, Firefox 1.5 and Opera 9(Technical Preview). Everything should work in all three (except one minor issue in opera which noone should really notice...)

If anyone notices anything which looks wrong, let me know.

salamz admin,i fink it lookz aite i aint sayin it cudnt b betta but its ok nice bright colurz n stuff! peace out xx

thanks ayesha.

(I cannot figure out your previous post though!)

D'oh!

I figures out what you said earlier. ('colours are heavy')

I have updated the homepage to this.

Lets see what reaction we get.

The homepage makes the rest of the site look dull!

(I think I should disappear for a few days. Just incase people do not like it. Even though the development has been semi open. ['hey why do you not do this' 'no'. ;))

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
s'alright

Well thankyou for being positively highly extremely positive!

Seriously speaking, do you still see it as too 'boyish'? Its nowhere as blue as before... and it has a tiny bit of pink in it.

not tis not boyish anymore at all

the lighter colours made all the diff

its not in ur face though

i dunno if thats what u were aiming for?

Its more in your face than the previous homepage.

It was supposed to be brighter, better layout, and more 'yoof friendly' whatever that means.

I tried the bright colours and noone really liked them. And they hurt the eyes.

I think the design is pretty unique...

I do not think anyone would really want it 'in their face'.

hey, you asked me for an explanation. That is what I did! Blum 3

sori! i use 2 much slang init? jus a habit n its hard 2 break lol salamz xx

aye looks much better than before now that you've replaced some of the blue with gold.

lol some pink wat a joke, try hardly any!

but it is there.

:twisted:

"Admin" wrote:
but it is there.

:twisted:

I think you're being sexist :evil:

can't we have more pink please, it looks so pretty.

I have tried red and pink in the past. No-one liked it.

Colours have to fit in.

looks good! only thing i can think of is - i really like the red bar at the top. Sad

oh and can u do something with the empty space on the top right hand corner, like add a date and time bar or summat?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Admin" wrote:

Pink :shock: when?

Yeah the red was good *sighs*

"Angel" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

Pink :shock: when?

i remember the pink. i think someone commented on it looking 'fishy'. if they didnt, they should have, coz it reminded me of salmon. Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

The pink one was way too pink.

(atm I have the bit to the right of the revival banner blank as that is the best bit to add something like a banner or something. That is if someone wants to advertise no the site, and we allow it...)

The red was good. I really liked it, but I tried many variants to keep it and none worked.

Now everything apart from these forums should have the same colour scheme. (not enough blue on most pages though...)

(And is the main colour orange or brown? I can't decide. :oops:)

"Admin" wrote:
Now everything apart from these forums should have the same colour scheme. (not enough blue on most pages though...)

(And is the main colour orange or brown? I can't decide. :oops:)

Main colour :? the revival logo is brown, the bar thingy below it is orange and most of the boxes are "gold" which to me doesnt even look gold to be honest. I aint sure what you're talkin bout but i think the majority of the colour consists of the "gold".

Admin i think it looks weird when someone jumps from the site into here and they come across a green colour, shouldnt it be kept the same and you can have options where people can change it to a colour of their choice?

do not worry, that will happen in time. (I will make a new theme with thpse colours).

(and my question was not which colour is the main colours, but what colour is the main colour? its not exactly gold... or orange... or brown... a bit of a mixture?)

Pages