The Revival HomePage

272 posts / 0 new
Last post

u need to spread it out

TOO much empty space on both sides

and need louder colours

like muslim youth

not everyone has a large monitor.

You need to think of people less snobby than you!
:twisted:

But apart from spreading things out, is anything missing from the homepage?

Should oprganisation change somehow?

I am sure 'Ed wants tacky pics everywhere...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

organisation looks VERY good

just improve colour

and FYI I dont know how big my moniter is but I know its a AVERAGE size

I think it's kinda visually boring...

and my monitor is small.

I know your screen is bigger as both you and your sis have mentioned not filling the screen. (It fills the screen on mine.)

I believe about 30% of monitors use the same resolution as me. so at a minimum it has to be useable on here.

Does muslimyouth.net site fill your screen?

(from what I understand the main issue Ed has with current design is the lack of images...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

Does muslimyouth.net site fill your screen?

(from what I understand the main issue Ed has with current design is the lack of images...)

no

but they have a nice grey print on the sides so u dont notice

only thing lacking IMO in ur webpage is COLOUR

get some bright oranges and blue

btw why does this forum then fill my screen?

different design ideals.

In a forum changes to screen width do not impact in the look of the page.

On the main site, having lines that aretoo wide can be confusing. and the design will have limits on what size of screen it will work. This limiting it in a semi fluid manner as i have is IMO the best approach. change your text size, and the page will as a whole resize. everything is linked to text size.

ok. what colours?

My design is simple atm. only two colours are used.

Admin

the green colour is dry

it aint Youf!

not hip

man, i would never visit the site unless i knew the contents

1st u always get get the people attention - however you do it

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

what shade should I use?

and Don I had missed that insightful post! :twisted:

How shall I visually spice it up?

try somat besides green

unless its a strong one? but thats hurtful on the eyes!

light blue......sky blue.....sea blue.......madina shareef green.....man united red lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

the layout on the pink/red one is much better IMO

should stay like that for now at least, better than the current one

but you needa play about with the blues in that style of homepage, and see if you can get rid of the boring white....maybe a subtle blue or silver

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

And cut down on the font size. We are not blind.

I have reduced the size of text for the titles.

Off to bed.

ws

can people have a look at the [url= page[/url] again.

I have decided to go back and play with the current homepage...

Just moved some things around.

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
take some tips.... or i'll take ur p45

[url= keep up 'Ed![/url]

I still think it's a bit too cubic and monochromatic...

Try introducing other shades of green on top of the traditional Revival pale green, as well as complimentary colors like yellow or blue, break up this rigid interlocking box thing - it's awful, it's like looking at a stack of blocks, try emphasizing more important aspects through space - perhaps make one or two articles or better yet the big colorful front page of the magazine the central focus of your attention by giving them a full or near full coverage on the main screen with a menu to other articles or picture links of other front pages to previous magazines on the sides or something... open up the space in the center a lot.

Also think about changing font and color schemes and maybe introducing some Gifs for the menus or titles of sections - nothing offensive or not matching, the bold black on pale green isn't working at all; I can't really tell the difference between the Announcements, Newsblog, Feature, or Current issue - there is no differenciation between them; and there is no differenciation between the multimedia, Latest articles and whats happening on the forum sections.

It looks way too professional... and visually uninteresting

Also what's with the 1 inch margins all the way around?

Think about something [url= these lines[/url]. See how they have a lot of open space in the center filled with colorful features, and colorful options along the bottom?

Why can't we do the same thing except have a big bright picture of the latest issue's cover in the center where they put the 3d football, with little icons to previous issues below - and links to feature articles and what's on the forum along the right?

I like what you've done with putting the menu across the top - keep that but thing about turning the links into big colorful gif images, then along the left side a link to blog articles, then on the bottom just under your big colorful presentation of the magazine's latest issue and previous issues you could have another big presentation of the featured blog article.

I think the Revival website should be somewhere in between of the Candystand website and CNN, given the target audience.

Use the images of the magazine more prominently - there are some great covers on those things - really striking images, they are a real asset!

I think it is an improvement.

shall I put it onto homepage? (and yes there is still work that needs to be done...)

Oh Dave missed your post.

thanks for the massive writeup. I will try to incorporate that. But i am looking to just make minor changes til the weekend (when i do the real gutting).

And then I will need to find a colour scheme. I hate art. I just do not 'get' it. I think more along the lines of structures.

Iwill gut it and retry on the weekend.

But for now i am pushing the updated page. its a slight improvement on what we already have.

Right... just my thoughts on the matter you certainly don't have to do any of it. I think what i'm saying is I see Ed's concern and those might be some of the problems contribution to it.

Any colorists on the forum that could aid in a new color scheme?

And composition people?

davey boys summary and suggestions summed it all up pretty well

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Do any of you use Gmail? Its got a nice sky blue theme... (why am I always trying pastel colours?)

"Admin" wrote:
Do any of you use Gmail? Its got a nice sky blue theme... (why am I always trying pastel colours?)

I have a gmail account aphrodite gave me but I keep forgetting about it

Ok I have updated the alternative style...

Its dark and moody

Its the homepage in a ehole new light!

what do you think?

[EDIT]

I really like how the top navbar looks in this style... need the rest of the page to also look good...

"Admin" wrote:
Ok I have updated the alternative style...

Itys dark and moody

Its the homepage in a ehole new light!

what do you think?

[EDIT]

I really like how the top navbar looks in this style... need the rest of the page to also look good...

moody? all i see is red and pink... its too 'girly' and in-ur-face-red for my liking...

and yea wot is it with the pastel colours... lol, ed seems to want the opposite.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

The Red. Its good. But too much.

Me and 'Ed can never agree. His taste is too tacky IMO.

And mine too simple in his opinion... (I think)

THATS IT!

I've had enough!

Henceforth the girls are in charge of the color schemes - this is pretty much what girls do professionally, and frankly ya just don't have it admin.

Looks like the nightmare of all valentines days

I think my downfall in design is I have no real appreciation of colours.

Unlike most people I cannot assign favourites to many such things. nor di I dislike any colour. Its a colour. If it fits in then cool. if not, then not cool.

I only avoid colours that avoid the eye...

On that red template the combination that I think looks good in the orange text on red background.

I will redo the bits underneath over the weekend anyway...

"Augustus" wrote:
THATS IT!

I've had enough!

Henceforth the girls are in charge of the color schemes - this is pretty much what girls do professionally, and frankly ya just don't have it admin.

Looks like the nightmare of all valentines days

There is a reason i am discussing this topic instead of my usual way to just make the changes and comment after others notice...

Pages