The Revival HomePage

272 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Admin" wrote:
erm... I do not understand?

what was wrong?

The current homepage? or the new one tht is not ready?

what am I looking for?

looks like irf fixed it b4 u cud see it or summat... :roll: Wink

irf, wots wrong with keeping pics the same size as they r on the BBC?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

They're too big. They take up almost half of the post.

First time i looked at the homepage and i thot ewwwwwww but now looking at it again, it looks kinda cool, but i am very glad you got rid of all the stuff at the bottom, it looked over-crowded, this way the site looks more organised and i think it would look esp. pretty if we have it in pink or even red Smile but then it doesnt go with the green colour of this forum. Both the site and forum should have a link colour-wise....

"Beast" wrote:
They're too big. They take up almost half of the post.
well thats a bit of an exaggeration... Blum 3 ur right tho, when it comes to the pics of people, there's no harm in making em smaller. but with the most recent pic on the newsblog that u put up, u can barely see anything, isnt it meant to show the site of a blast or summat? in such pics the details matter more so i dont see the big deal in keeping em that lil bit bigger...

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
but with the most recent pic on the newsblog that u put up, u can barely see anything, isnt it meant to show the site of a blast or summat? in such pics the details matter more so i dont see the big deal in keeping em that lil bit bigger...

It's been altered.

[quote="Angel"]pretty if we have it in pink or even red :)/quote]

you missed the montrosity then?

ok... there is still a copt coply online...

[url=

I had a green version of the above as homepage for about a week...

and what do you think of the current [url=

Its no where near ready yet though...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
admin that's not the testpage (i hope!), that's also the 'monstrosity'... Wink

"Admin"][quote="Angel" wrote:
pretty if we have it in pink or even red :)/quote]

you missed the montrosity then?

ok... there is still a copt coply online...

[url=

I had a green version of the above as homepage for about a week...

Its no where near ready yet though...

wow that is bright, its nice but i dont know if my poor eyes can hack lookin at it for too long...wat bout that bit on the left-hand side, its blank, shouldnt u add somethin in there? btw are u gona change the colours for both the site AND forum or is forum style gona stay as subsilver blue?

Maybe you should try a darker shade of green like our old old forums?

Neway sleep beckons....ws

"yuit" wrote:
"Augustus" wrote:
Looks better... but I def think it needs more color - and that 'check out the forums' thing is a bit out of place on the bottom there

I agree, the whiteness make the front page look abit dull IMO.

I agree - the background white thing just isn't working.

"Augustus" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
"Augustus" wrote:
Looks better... but I def think it needs more color - and that 'check out the forums' thing is a bit out of place on the bottom there

I agree, the whiteness make the front page look abit dull IMO.

I agree - the background white thing just isn't working.

Yeah i didn't really notice till you put ur version up, now the frontpage just look plain dull. It doesn't necessary need to be such a darker version, it can be slightly lighter if need be.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

i know what it is..

since ur going fixed width, why not have a border around your content?
my site and yuits site should tell u what I mean.

if u got a border and make the main content area stand out from the background, it will give it a more magazine page type feel.

if even if u dont have a border, make a virtual border.. u can try a few thyings by modularising ur content items.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

I would not worry about the colourscheme until after the layout etc are finalised.

I have run into a few problems that need to be solved.

(and atm its not a fixed layout. its em-based. Halfway between liquid and fixed, where your fontsize is taken into acount. If you make your font size larger, the page will expand, if you make it smaller, the page will compress...)

I do not think a liquid layout would work for the homepage. It could work for the rest, but will cause the problem that pages will constantly change width's, so i have keptit all em-based.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Ok, I have made a few more changes.

Nowhere near ready yet.

I had a layout for placements which Ed agreed to, but it has not fully worked... so this is what I have atm:

[url=

What do you think of the topics bar? (Its underneath the newsblog)

Originally it was supposed to be two bars of three icons with a title of latest topic next to it... I think it looks better as a bar of images... maybe scrolling to the left, with a few more images? (and you cannot click on the images atm... they are just a test...)

I am having some problems with internet explorer atm. It does not show the page how it is supposed to be. Sp I have not progressed as far as I should have. (I stripped a few things out.)

Anything below the topics bar has not been placed, but is a good place to keep code without losing it...

Anything above it is in approximate position ready to be neatened.

[b]Things missing:[/b]

'From the Forums', 'Search', 'E-group',

Anymore?

"Admin" wrote:

Nowhere near ready yet.

I had a layout for placements which Ed agreed to, but it has not fully worked... so this is what I have atm:

[url=

Anymore?

Would you like some feedback?

well... erm...

yes.

Aslong its not about the colours. They will change once everything else is in place.

The images are not quite right yet either...

"Admin" wrote:

Nowhere near ready yet.

[url=

What do you think of the topics bar? (Its underneath the newsblog)

Originally it was supposed to be two bars of three icons with a title of latest topic next to it... I think it looks better as a bar of images... maybe scrolling to the left, with a few more images? (and you cannot click on the images atm... they are just a test...)

I am having some problems with internet explorer atm. It does not show the page how it is supposed to be. Sp I have not progressed as far as I should have. (I stripped a few things out.)

Anything below the topics bar has not been placed, but is a good place to keep code without losing it...

Anything above it is in approximate position ready to be neatened.

[b]Things missing:[/b]

'From the Forums', 'Search', 'E-group',

Anymore?

i'm liking it

where you have the list at top right hand corner next to main article.... that is exactly same as the MULTI MEDIA stuff...so change that to FROM THE FORUMS...

also missing is Agony Aunt with RWMaqsood

also the 'revival menu' thing we discussed

TOP 10 articles also needs to be there aswell

also at very bpttom of page add 5 more pf the art images including:
Q & A, Prophet, Is;am & West, Quran & Hadith, marriage

then these can be rotated..ie add new ones every now and then

the SEARCH and E-GROUP can go below these

will all the above added site will hav eenough stuff on it without being cramped.... an dmore 'yooof' orientated.

final point ...a bit of flash to advertise forums...or to say advertise here etc...

what ya think?

and why not a vending machine and the kitchen sink aswell?

:twisted:

Multimedia and latest articles are supposed to be diferent. probably put a wrong figure somewhere... will be fixed...

Cannot have top ten AND latest ten AND links to upto ten sections via scrolling... and on the scrolling bar idea... one bar is enough. Otherwise it will be repetitive IMO.

You seem to be bringing the light green back. :evil:

The more green you have the more it will look like the old homepage. Forget it. Move on.

"Beast" wrote:
You seem to be bringing the light green back. :evil:

The more green you have the more it will look like the old homepage. Forget it. Move on.

ok i am a little confused, are u talkin bout the homepage as it stands now or the one in the test page? I thought admin was makin final changes to the testpage and that is goin to be the new homepage if so then where is the green :?

There are bits of green in the testpage.

I don't actually mind the green - I think it works with the red and white.

"Tradition and Transformation"

I SAID IGNORE THE COLOURS!!!!!!!

!!!!!

!!!!

I am using those as thye do not hurt the eyes. Once the design has been finalised, colours can be changed. Or kept the same.

Either way, I will try to keep it slightly understated.

Right now, the positioning is not fully working, there are niggles everywhere, and internet explorer is throwing up a few graphical glitches. I have not even tested in Opera yet. That then will leave the khtml browsing engine...

Each browsing engine has its own flaws. (the i.e one more than the others.)

It needs to look acceptable in them all.

And that all is after the visual placing has been finalised. There are a few things I amnot happy with.

The page will be too complicated IMO.

Anyway, a website 'Ed would like:
[url= Arena[/url]

It does work... it has a lot of content. Does anyone see any design idea in particular that can be used from it?

(I think that site looks goos considering the amount of content, but cannot see how to use it for The Revival...)

ok.. I have made the images scroll a bit... and I no longer like that idea...

"Admin" wrote:

Assalam Alaikum

I don’t want to sound like I’m undermine your work, but the design has a home desktop publishing feel to it and although I personally prefer to read the content rather then focus on design aspect of a page- it would be good if you can get a balance.

One of my favorite webpage’s, in content and design is

"Admin" wrote:

And this forum may be of use to you:

Muslim Programmers and Designers Community

Ok. I will take that personally!

:evil:

Naah.

It does lack polish. That will be added once everything is in place. Right now I am more worried about having everything in the right place.

One thing I am wary of is that turd can be polished to look good. But it will still be turd.

I want something that works, then the polish can be added to make it look and feel better.

Back to the drawing board then Mr.Admin Lol

hey can you atleast say what ypu want where?

Otherwise that comment has no purpose, other than to ridicule me... hang on... that IS why you posted it then? ok That is enough. Your ban is in the post... as soon as I find a ruddy stamp...

:twisted:

Pages