The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Well that might be going a bit overboard.

"Admin" wrote:
Ok I have updated the alternative style...

Its dark and moody

Its the homepage in a ehole new light!

what do you think?

[EDIT]

I really like how the top navbar looks in this style... need the rest of the page to also look good...

I personally think the pink is arite....the Red defo is too in your face...Very bright.....primary colours should really be the main colour of the page...but you gotta check out the different shades...

Admin if you trying to emphasize on certain parts of a page try working with some complimentary colours..

Really thats too dark.

U know right on top where it says The Revival......tiz a Very dull colour
that text needs to stand out really.

"*DUST*" wrote:
erm, admin wots up with the homepage... :?

besides looking naff? nothing

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"*DUST*" wrote:

What do you mean?

Inshallah I will overhaul it this week, but I am stumped on how.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I will take one step back to hopefully take two steps forward...

I have mostly reverted the homepage to what it was before...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Fresh Prince" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

besides looking naff? nothing

What is... "naff"

Isn't that what Pinky used to say on Pinky and the Brain?

"Admin" wrote:
I will take one step back to hopefully take two steps forward...

I have mostly reverted the homepage to what it was before...

Eeeuuww... !

It looks worse than before.

Seriously, don't try to make it ordered. Give it a loose structure. Don't be so conformist.

Could you get ideas from the guys who do the design for the mag? :idea:

Now i'm not sure if Admin just changed it but it looks a little bit better...

Color scheme is all off and it would be nice to have some different shapes - but you killed the cubist use every inch of the screen thing which is good.

I have changed the homepage back to what it was before... apartf from a few changes where the page is not slightly broken...

and by tomorrow hopefully it will be changed again...

"Admin" wrote:
I have changed the homepage back to what it was before... apartf from a few changes where the page is not slightly broken...

and by tomorrow hopefully it will be changed again...

Stick with that structure - space in the middle...

Now looking at that - what's wrong with putting a big bright picture of the newest magazine center - surrounded by the first paragraph or so of the editorial, and a link to the whole thing,

then like a bar to bracket that first "widow" area going across the bottom with mini icons linking people to previous magazines?

You can put the top ten articles along the side or something, and then you can bring the blog section up to where the top ten was...

It's an excuse to advertise and introduce some color

Okay so this is incredibly rudimentary - but all I did was introduced a new background color, and rearranged some stuff and enlargened the logo (with a color change).

The idea was bigger, bolder, golder.

I still think it's not colorful enough - there needs to be a new, more sylish colored menu bar across the top, and there is a lack of color right where the "Issue 4 now out/forum stuff" menu is, right there, or in between there and the editorial section there needs to be a flash of some new - bright, not very much used color maybe gold or pale orange or something?

And it's too loud - too crowded

Already i'm thinkin that previous issues part is 1. too cubic, and 2. too crowded

Any ideas in there you guys like?

Is there any way of making the crescent moon a silver - but transparentish stamp that is much larger and hangs down over the menu and just into the first box?

There needs to be some way of breaking up the repetitive boxes

Okay I made another quick change and put the top ten over where I had the main topic thing and I introduced the news by character down in thebottom left.

i dunno...

the black and green thing aint a really great combination....

try light blue instead of green.

Back in BLACK

Seriously, get the magazine design team to jazz up the homepage.

HEY! :evil:

Whats happened to the Fun Page on the website???

How am i supposed to pass the time at work?

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
i dunno...

the black and green thing aint a really great combination....

try light blue instead of green.

Looked kinda weird when I tried it - maybe we should go for a pale teal or somethin?

My only problem is that all the pale colors give it a depressing rainyday quality.

What do you think about the composition?

"Beast" wrote:
Seriously, get the magazine design team to jazz up the homepage.

yup, i knw two of them, really good

check out one of ems personal website

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

well I do not know the design team...

The problems with dave's suggestion is that the mag comes out every few months... the page will have the same top for a few months at a time.

granted that happens anyway... but its not the focus of the website... The magazine is important, but also can disappear at any time. Hopefully not, but it needs money and more than one person giving alot of work...

anyway I like the attempts by dave. There are a few ideas there I may nick. erm.. I mean use.

I really like that idea about 'previous issues'.

(and you cheated. That version of the revival site was just as I was reverting things back... I forgot to make a few changes which I made a few mins later... the lists look better now.)

"Seraphim" wrote:
HEY! :evil:

Whats happened to the Fun Page on the website???

How am i supposed to pass the time at work?

Its still there. For now.

Its not linked to atm, as it needs to be improved.

Just for you:

I have not forgot about this...

[url= Here[/url]

Obviously ignore the text/images. They are placeholders. and also iognore the colours. and also everything below the magazine bar.

Now with the little that is left, I think I have got the positioning etc right...

The bit below i am in a few minds about atm... so I am messing around to see what works...

I think the text-images will be secondary colours, or something that sticks out. I would not have put the placeholders, but i do not think some people ('Ed actually :twisted: ) have the ability to visualise...

and I think Don will notice I have borrowed an idea of his...

"Admin" wrote:
I have not forgot about this...

[url= Here[/url]

Obviously ignore the text/images. They are placeholders. and also iognore the colours. and also everything below the magazine bar.

Now with the little that is left, I think I have got the positioning etc right...

The bit below i am in a few minds about atm... so I am messing around to see what works...

I think the text-images will be secondary colours, or something that sticks out. I would not have put the placeholders, but i do not think some people ('Ed actually :twisted: ) have the ability to visualise...

and I think Don will notice I have borrowed an idea of his...

looks cool! only thing i noticed is that there's empty space further down the page next to the newsblog section - maybe u could move 'From the Forums' below 'Multimedia' or vice versa as opposed to keeping em side by side...?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Looks Grrreat! [size=7](yes, I am eating Frosties whilst writing this)[/size]

Seriously. Very good.

It provides the much needed definition.

"*DUST*" wrote:
looks cool! only thing i noticed is that there's empty space further down the page next to the newsblog section - maybe u could move 'From the Forums' below 'Multimedia' or vice versa as opposed to keeping em side by side...?

He did tell us to ignore evrything below the magazine bar.

those two boxes are there as a reminder that their content needs to be somewhere. (you may have noticed that I have removed the rounded corners from the rest...)

I need to stick the forums, multimedia, search and egroup sections somewhere...

with the newsblog should I have another vertical title, or would that make it abit too much?

and should the two main items be one above the other, or side by side?

well Ed has given his blessing (well sort-of...) to how the new test is going!

Pages