The Revival HomePage

272 posts / 0 new
Last post

by events/announcements, I mean I cannot get it to fit with the rest of the layout atm.

Its probably best to keep them on the forums IMO. That way The Revival does not need to vet the events, and will always be non-partisan.

I was thinking if an announcement is important, it could always be a feature, so no point having its own section, where it does not really work.

I will try to have a fully implemented page within this week. After that it can be refined if needed (and will be needed).

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[url= test homepage[/url].

I have made a few more changes.

I am thinking of changing the green to a blue. That should make it look vibrant.

I will try that 2night.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Try to use a shade of blue from the cresent in the logo.

I have messed with the colours now.

Since I have no real appreciation of colours, I can now accept suggestions.

and does anyone have a decent thumbnail of a film strip? I want to add the multimedia in a film .. you know... like a 35mm camera how it has a film?

What's with the orange text and dull green? Bad idea.

Get rid of all greens. Use the shades of blue/purple from the cresent.

tried the colours from the crescent. They are too grey.

[url= have experimaneted a bit more with the colours.[/url]

Should the latest news and latest articles boxes be diferent colours? currently they both are blue... and it looks good. But too much could spoil it.

(the colour for multimedia stuff is just temporary. I also need to get it some artwork...)

comments please.

The blue boxes are terrible. Realy look out of place.

"Beast" wrote:

and to think that is the bit I like!

I think the rest of the colours/design can be molded to fit with those colours...

"Admin" wrote:
"Beast" wrote:

and to think that is the bit I like!

I think the rest of the colours/design can be molded to fit with those colours...

hmm beast is right, the red and blue are really clashing.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I have removed the red...

Is that better?

Now it looks way too blue.

The strong colours needs to be balanced by something subtle...

omg that blue looks awful, it just stands out from the rest of the site and its sore to the eyes . It's so out of place and it just dont blend in (no offence). I prefered the red with the light grey in place of the blue u have now.

well.. 'Ed is asking for a bright flashy website.

It might hurt us older lot. :twisted:

I have just now changed the shades slightly, and added a replaced a few more colours with blue. You may or may not notice a diference. I lie. You will notice a diference.

and there is no longer any clash between blue and red...

I will leave it blue til 2moro to collect opinions.

So do not hold your silence. I need comments.

"Admin" wrote:
well.. 'Ed is asking for a bright flashy website.

It might hurt us older lot. :twisted:

Speak for yourself :twisted:

Btw the sky blue looks much more better, there's an idea instead of makin those thick borders sky blue why dont u make the column/box thingies sky blue. I think that will look better.

Having a flashy website doesn't mean you have to blind people :roll: Blum 3

I'll hush now and let others post their views.

"Admin" wrote:
I have removed the red...

Is that better?

Now it looks way too blue.

The strong colours needs to be balanced by something subtle...

hey i liked the red!! it went well with the revival logo.
it still looks way too blue. :?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

The bit with the current issue appears right at the bottom of the page... shouldnt it be on the right hand side??

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
The bit with the current issue appears right at the bottom of the page... shouldnt it be on the right hand side??

???

"*DUST*" wrote:
hey i liked the red!! it went well with the revival logo.
it still looks way too blue. :?

I also liked the red.

But having that would mean no blue at all, as they always clash.

Its way too blue atm though.

[url= ranking site[/url]

It has links to sites people visit, that also visit The Revival.

And its also nice to know the exact date our online presence started. 25 August 2000. (It was probably a couple of months befoer anything was actually put online)

On the new homepage I have changed the colour of the top navigation bar.

And can someone explain the problem Seraph is seeing?

"Admin" wrote:

And can someone explain the problem Seraph is seeing?

nope :?

Maybe we can have a peachy pink colour in there, sky blue and peach go nicely dunno if that would look nice on the site though, admin be imaginative Blum 3

[url= few More colour changes[/url].

Its no longer all blue.

The gold/brown does add some warmth to the page...

I think I finally have made some headway.

Just need to sort out the graphics in the magazine bar, add some items to the tv/radio schedule.

And then everything else can be done after it is made the real homepage...

that is if everyone is satisfied with the change...

On the Revival Homepage .... the date thingy at the top is missing... its visible on all other pages except the home page.

Admin... is there any reason behind this??

Should be small fix Wink

Back in BLACK

The colours are terrible.

Too much blue.

I dont know bout that :?

Admin why cant we just make it pink please or even lilac?

"Angel" wrote:

oh you'd like that wouldnt you!

Admin why make one side blue and leave the other top nav bar orange?? They dont go togeather at all.

The blue sticks out like Angels sore thumb. Biggrin

And why is the blue articles thingy on the right? hand side?

I think you've created more of a problem by getting rid of the old nav bar on the left. Seems to have cluttered the page. Unless you wanna set up a drop down menu thing from the top nav bar.

The search bit should def be at the top just beneath the nav bar.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

oh you'd like that wouldnt you!.

That's why i suggested it DUH :roll: hehe

"Seraphim" wrote:

Admin why make one side blue and leave the other top nav bar orange?? They dont go togeather at all.

The blue sticks out like Angels sore thumb. Biggrin

And why is the blue articles thingy on the right? hand side?

I think you've created more of a problem by getting rid of the old nav bar on the left. Seems to have cluttered the page. Unless you wanna set up a drop down menu thing from the top nav bar.

The search bit should def be at the top just beneath the nav bar.

you notice the most weirdest things, i supose someone has to!

Actually I think a pale Lilac and mint Green would look together.

Anyway, Why not use yellow to contrast the pale blue.

Third, the writing inside the blue boxes, y'know the article links and stuff, I think they may be Times new Roman, could you use a softer rounded font like arial bold or even comic sans something less pointy and hostile. Biggrin

Also where ever you have boxes, having to opposing edges rounded, I think, would look cool. Blum 3 Play around.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Well we need a range of colours.

I think the blue and the goldish brownish yello cgo pretty well together.

I still need to reduce the amount of blue. The bottom is way way too blue atm.

Rounded corners is just so 2005. welcome to 2006! :twisted: (corners are the last thing to do in a design, as they will need to be changed with every little change... ots easier to do them at the end... if done at all.)

Seraph, before we just used to have a list of latest articles on the homepage. Now we have a list of titles, but with the main two have extra focus.

Dawud; Arial is used for the title. Maybe use verdana for the insides? I do not like it too much, and [url= sans should be banned[/url].

Pages