The Revival HomePage

272 posts / 0 new
Last post

Ok I have now done a bit more of the layout.

(the first latest image is latest articles, the second latest news, and the third is multimedia. since they are placeholder images I thought better use the sayme one instead of amking ten diferent one, each to be replaced.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Looks better... but I def think it needs more color - and that 'check out the forums' thing is a bit out of place on the bottom there

That bit has not been done yet.

Do you want to be incharge of colour? :twisted:

and what do you think about the bits that have been nicked off you?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Me? lol I have a hard enough time matching clothes.

Get a girl to do it.

I liked the stuff you "nicked" from me but it seems like you went a bit over board with the perpendicular lines theme... I like it but maybe take out one or two just so that it's not overwhelming.

You're having a hard time breaking this interlocking right angles cubic thing aren't you? I'm getting the feeling you don't really have a concept of visual organization beyond a box - it's an engineering thing, it drives them crazy.

nothing wrong with that engineering thing! what is wrong with the box model? Its far straighter than the curve model!

Once everything is in place, I can try diferent types of titles.

Currently the perpendicular ones are the ones I have done...

"Beast" wrote:
He did tell us to ignore evrything below the magazine bar.
good point! :oops:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

you can comment on it now. No wherer near ready, but alot of things are in their places.

I just need to add a few things, then get the images/colours sorted out.

oh, ansd before I forget, as part of my effort to get some info off the forums, I installed a forum add-on. As part of it, the forum has a portal page.

(basically I could have avoided the whole newsblog way of doing things. D'oh!)

[url= here[/url]

That is totally unmodified, and I will not be using it either. But I needed the addon to get to some data. Some people may find it interesting. Esppecially the top ten posters... and I am sure I can nick a few ideas for the index page of the forums...

hmmm....

On that portal page there is a poll... No idea where from

That could be good for the site if there was a way to predict it... there probably is a way...

[EDIT]

figured it out.

Its the most recent open poll! what threw me off was that i knew there was a more recent poll, but I had deleted that today. and forgotten that.

"Admin" wrote:
On that portal page there is a poll... No idea where from
its from the boxing thread - i think it basically puts up the latest poll posted on the forum in that spot...

and wow, that 'portal' is pretty cool... but wot were u saying bout top ten posters? only weird thing i noticed is that Med had more posts than me :shock: and that naj, another newbie :P, is catching up... Smile

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I thought people may find that interesting.

I may add a sidebar to the index page of the forums with some of that info.

And add a poll to the site.

Hey that seems strange Dust... you're usually one of the people I talk to every day for an extended period of time.

Seems like you should be way ahead.

Well i like the new look! lol I especially love the colossal irony that I am prominently displayed as the number one poster.

With my sidekick Prince trundling along in second.

(cue the response in the techboard)

"Augustus" wrote:
Hey that seems strange Dust... you're usually one of the people I talk to every day for an extended period of time.

Seems like you should be way ahead.

lol yea, i was pretty shocked too [size=7](but what was more shocking was that Med had got ahead of me!)[/size] :shock:

"Augustus" wrote:
(cue the response in the techboard)
Lol
he's not banned anymore.

"*DUST*" wrote:
lol yea, i was pretty shocked too [size=7](but what was more shocking was that Med had got ahead of me!)[/size] :shock:

Hmm... well the competition is (ostensibly :roll:) gone now so you can pull ahead

"*DUST*" wrote:
Lol
he's not banned anymore.

lol that poor boy is going to fail our because of us.

"Augustus" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

Hmm... well the competition is (ostensibly :roll:) gone now so you can pull ahead

lol nah, i'm not interested in competing for 1st place - all it'll show is that i'm a person who has no life... Blum 3

"*DUST*" wrote:
lol nah, i'm not interested in competing for 1st place - all it'll show is that i'm a person who has no life... Blum 3

I HAVE A LIFE.

Me and my globetrotting self went to NYC yesterday!!! Do [i]you[/i] pick up and trundle off to Edinboro on a whim?

No.

And today I played basketball with some friends AND HAD A CHOCOLATE ECLAIR.

Beat that hot shot. :twisted:

"Augustus" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

I HAVE A LIFE.

Me and my globetrotting self went to NYC yesterday!!! Do [i]you[/i] pick up and trundle off to Edinboro on a whim?

No.

And today I played basketball with some friends AND HAD A CHOCOLATE ECLAIR.

Beat that hot shot. :twisted:

well...

i [i]should[/i] be 'picking up and trundling off' abroad soon... *fingers crossed!*

and today i had some chocolate fudge CAKE and have booked a horseriding lesson for this weekend.

so beat that no-lifer. :twisted:

Lol

[i]Chocolate[/i] cake?!!

....oh my

I think you beat me...

Hey riding lessons!!! Sounds like somebody's interest was rekindled from spending her time on this forum!

How much do you think you remember?

"Augustus" wrote:
Hey riding lessons!!! Sounds like somebody's interest was rekindled from spending her time on this forum!

How much do you think you remember?

lol yea, well i've been wanting to do it for ages but kept putting it off, never got around to finding out where the nearest riding school was and stuff. i remember most of what i learnt, i'd started practicing the canter when i had to leave, but i can imagine having to get used to the trot all over again... its been a while. i guess my riding instructor will assess me, either way i dont mind starting from scratch, just excited that i'm gonna ride again!! Smile

haha that's absolutely awesome - sounds like you've got some time to really keep at it too (which is 100% everything). I think you'll be surprised at how much your muscles remember - just how to respond to the horse and everything. It's nice because just like flying driving or sailing once you pass a certain point you never forget!

It will be really easy for you since you have that familiarity with the animal and everything, you should pick it all back up in under a month i'd wager!

- Look into polo too Biggrin

And be sure to practice those dreaded words "daddy can I have a pony?"

"Augustus" wrote:
haha that's absolutely awesome - sounds like you've got some time to really keep at it too (which is 100% everything). I think you'll be surprised at how much your muscles remember - just how to respond to the horse and everything. It's nice because just like flying driving or sailing once you pass a certain point you never forget!

It will be really easy for you since you have that familiarity with the animal and everything, you should pick it all back up in under a month i'd wager!

well at the moment i can only go once a week, on the weekend, as i'm pretty busy. but hopefully will go more often when i get the time. and that is so true about knowing how to respond to the horse - getting thrown off definitely taught me to keep my back straight, and its something i'm not likely to forget. Lol

"Augustus" wrote:
- Look into polo too Biggrin

And be sure to practice those dreaded words "daddy can I have a pony?"

hehe, dunno bout polo, thats thinking way into the future... Blum 3 and definitely dunno about getting my own horse! :shock: lol, that would be great, but living in the city its not all that practical either...

"*DUST*" wrote:
well at the moment i can only go once a week, on the weekend, as i'm pretty busy. but hopefully will go more often when i get the time. and that is so true about knowing how to respond to the horse - getting thrown off definitely taught me to keep my back straight, and its something i'm not likely to forget. Lol

OUCH that's no damn fun - i'm actually surprised a girl could handle it, well done!

When that happens just do your best to pull your feet out of the stirrups and cover your head you do NOT want to get kicked

"Augustus"]- Look into polo too Biggrin </p> <p>[quote="*DUST*" wrote:
hehe, dunno bout polo, thats thinking way into the future... Blum 3 and definitely dunno about getting my own horse! :shock: lol, that would be great, but living in the city its not all that practical either...

lol the fact your placing it in the distant future at all it heartening!

As for the horse in a city - two words "country house," there you go, the idiots guide to snobbery, buying a country house so you can have a horse Lol

howmuch do houses cost in America?

here the prices are sky-high...

"Admin" wrote:
howmuch do houses cost in America?

here the prices are sky-high...

Depends on the location - I suspect average housing is somewhere in the 60-100 thousand mark.

But they keep reassessing values

I think ours in Charleston just got reassessed to a higher local tax bracket

and how big is this average house?

"Admin" wrote:
and how big is this average house?

I couldn't imagine - i'm not even sure if those numbers are right...

Our guest house is 12,000 sq.f. and that alone is assessed at 3rd highest tax bracket, so i'd imagine probably somewhere in the area of 3-4000 square feet?

"Augustus" wrote:
Looks better... but I def think it needs more color - and that 'check out the forums' thing is a bit out of place on the bottom there

I agree, the whiteness make the front page look abit dull IMO.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Admin, the newsblog section on the homepage is not accommodating 2 posts [b]with[/b] pictures... take a look and ul know wot i mean...

"*DUST*" wrote:
Admin, the newsblog section on the homepage is not accommodating 2 posts [b]with[/b] pictures... take a look and ul know wot i mean...

IMO ideally you should save the pic on your hardrive and then upload it onto the Newsblog [url= this[/url].

This will automatically resize the pic [u]without distorting it[/u]. Then just drag the pic to where you want it in your post (top left-hand corner).

The uploaded pics will be accessible and ready-to-use for any future posts. (Unless Admin messes it up again)

Finally, be sure to delete the pics from your hardrive so that no-one queries the fact that you have images of wierd-looking middle-aged men on your computer.

"Beast" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

IMO ideally you should save the pic on your hardrive and then upload it onto the Newsblog [url= this[/url].

This will automatically resize the pic [u]without distorting it[/u]. Then just drag the pic to where you want it in your post (top left-hand corner).

The uploaded pics will be accessible and ready-to-use for any future posts. (Unless Admin messes it up again)

Finally, be sure to delete the pics from your hardrive so that no-one queries the fact that you have images of wierd-looking middle-aged men on your computer.

ew about that last bit! :? :roll:

but yeh, i used to do just that - saving em then uploading them thru imageshack etc, but then i realised i can just click 'copy' and 'paste', makes life so much easier, and wots wrong with the pic - its not 'distorted'? Fool

the way i see it, the problem is not with the pics, but rather with the set up of the homepage, admin will know for sure either way...

erm... I do not understand?

what was wrong?

The current homepage? or the new one tht is not ready?

what am I looking for?

(you can resize pics on your PC aswell.I use [url=. Its a good mix of power and simplicity...)

Pages