driving

362 posts / 0 new
Last post

Does anyone know how to build confidence in driving?

I passed my test three months ago and should be getting my first car this weekend.

I don’t intend to drive out of my little town and the few neighbouring towns for the first few months at all….my dad who’s in his mid forties is an aggressive, crazy driver…he has skill but I think he drives too recklessly and need to be patient of other drivers.

I, on the other hand always stick to the road limit and obey the rules…and I am trying to get out of taking driving lessons with dad. I don't want to pick up bad habits :?

Should I take more lessons with someone...or should just drive and drive to increase confidence?

Just drive... you'll pick up confidence as you go.

Either that or bump into something just to get the anxiety out of the way

lol chances are eventually you will screw up - but one of the annoying things about drivers with no confidence is that if they do they freeze up.

That's how you get people stopped in the middle of green light intersections.

Lol-I'm not that bad...its just that, sometimes my courteous behaviour gets the better of me..

Some people are ruthless on the road. :?

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Which roads?

Upton lane?
Romoford Road?
Green Street?
High road?
Ilford lane?

Or any road, invaded by Asian boy racers?

"(*_Shazan" wrote:

I object to what your implying there ^^.

The best way like Dave said was to simply get behind the wheel and drive.

The first time i took the car out was simply around town to do the shopping with my mom. But got sick of this paddyfooting around so one morning instead of waking my dad to give me a lift into work, i just grabbed the keys and out the door. In 10 minutes i was on the motorway doing 80.

After that i never looked back. I can pretty much drive whereever now. Once you start doing it, it becomes second nature, you dont even think about it.

MS, just get behind the wheel, preferably on your own so you dont feel like they're watching everything you do and will criticise your driving.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:

I object to what your implying there ^^.

Lol

Just wait until you witness an accident because of someone lack ability to follow rules of the road, THEY are more interested in impersonating and reacting scenes from fast and furious

That's dangerous... there are race tracks for that sort of thing.

I can't believe some of these idiots that race each other 40, 50 even 60 and higher in downtown areas where there are pedestrians or in neighborhoods where there are kids.

Imagine what would happen if one of these lunatics hit a 6 year old playing in the street - 50 miles an hour with the bumper at head level.

Sometimes I wonder if the police should beat people to get the point across.

Your soo lucky muslimsis, wana teach me Blum 3

I have decided since i have no job i wont be taking lessons till june, once uni is over and sis's wedin I will start taking lessons (mum isnt too happy about my decision) but i think i have too much to focus on at the moment and my concentration levels will decrease whilst driving. However in June i intend to take 2-3 lessons per week and pass within 2 months inshallah.

Lol-Of course

I’ve promised my sister that I’ll teach her how to drive…and promised my brother too (if he washes my car every two weeks).

I need to get behind the wheel and see how confident I am.

Its not a good idea to take breaks with lessons....thats what I did and it took me three years to get through my test. :?

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

Which roads?

Upton lane?
Romoford Road?
Green Street?
High road?
Ilford lane?

All of those stupid roads. I'm going to stick to back routes to avoid them roads, which should be intresting as I don't even know how to read the A-Z :?

I was thinking about installing a navigation system in my car..cos its needed with the work I do.

Does anyone know anything about the cost and effectivness of this gadget?

Or should I just learn how to read a A-Z?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Lol-Of course

I’ve promised my sister that I’ll teach her how to drive…and promised my brother too (if he washes my car every two weeks).

I need to get behind the wheel and see how confident I am.

Its not a good idea to take breaks with lessons....thats what I did and it took me three years to get through my test. :?

Yeh i know what you mean but i wont have the money and i knw dad would pay for it but i dont want to burden him with the costs as sis is getin married soon.

In june its going to be 3 years since i have been "learning" on and off :oops: I also passed my theory which is now expired :evil:

lol thats a good one - get your bro to clean the car. My sis used to make me help clean her car and would do so by saying i aint takin u in the car if you dont - she was very mean back then :evil:

"Angel" wrote:

lol thats a good one - get your bro to clean the car. My sis used to make me help clean her car and would do so by saying i aint takin u in the car if you dont - she was very mean back then :evil:

LOL

knowing my sister-she'd make me do that too

thankfully-dad and bro are big on cleaning cars

dad dont even take his car to car wash cos he says that the brushes scratch his precious car and dont clean it well at all

today-dad and bro spent 3 hours sparkling sis's car :shock:

it looks so shiny I can see my face in it Blum 3

I have to get in her good books so that she'd take me on driving lessons IMO that'd help me get thru my test faster

I just went on drive with dad…

I found out that I need to relax big time, I need to sort out my lane discipline and my parking.

My dad makes me laugh…he was swearing his head of at boy racers who would cut me up. I said to him if he was stuck behind a driver like me he’d def cut me up too cos he’s such a rough/aggressive driver…he was like “its one rule for my baby and another rule for the rest of the world”.

To sort my driving out I MUST drive daily on my own just around my local town etc…and every evening on duel carriage way/motorways etc with dad.

It’ll be hard as I have so much on my plate at the moment. :?

But I have no intention of becoming the stereotypical/ lacking in confidence/skill women driver.

i told my hubby to shoot me if i become like a typical woman driver. He said im doing really good, better than he ever did as a novice.

Guys how do you drive with sun in ya eyes? The flip over thingies in the car never work. I'm gona have to wear shades with my niqab :? Lol I'll scare the life outter ppl, they'll give me way though won't they ahahaha.

Ok i've not got a clue i need to do theory first right, what book would you recommend? Where do you get them from whsmith? Should i book the theory test then get revising, coz it's a long wait before you get an exam date isn't it? or do i revise first then book in. My hubby ain't got a clue he passed years ago things have changed since.

"yashmaki" wrote:

Ok i've not got a clue i need to do theory first right, what book would you recommend? Where do you get them from whsmith? Should i book the theory test then get revising, coz it's a long wait before you get an exam date isn't it? or do i revise first then book in. My hubby ain't got a clue he passed years ago things have changed since.

I think [url= is the best book to buy as it has the high way code in it so you won't have to buy it seperately.

As long as you revise the whole book you can easily get through the test.

It's best if you book your test first and then revise...you'll have couple of weeks to get through the book which is more than enough.

They've introduced the hazard perception test now too....you'll benefit from getting the CD's for that test. My instructer lent her CD's so I'm not sure where you can get them from...

jazakAllah sis! My bro recently passed he's got a cd was waxing lyrical about it :roll:

The hazard is easy once u get practice, i am just gona ask my uncle to lend his to me as he has his own Driving School. I need to buy that book cuz last time i borrowed my mates....

I passed my theory but its expired and i have forgotton everythin so back to square one need to study boring road signs and why the motorway lines are painted in a certain way :roll:

I HATE LEARNING TO DRIVE :evil: :evil: :evil:

"Angel" wrote:

I passed my theory but its expired and i have forgotton everythin so back to square one need to study boring road signs and why the motorway lines are painted in a certain way :roll:

I HATE LEARNING TO DRIVE :evil: :evil: :evil:

Learning the high way code/theory is such a snooze.

I also had to do mine twice cos it expired....just get it out the way sweety. Driving is such a neccessity in my opinion...we just have to get through these boring bits in order to get our license.

I’ve had my new car for about two weeks now…to get practise my parents make me drive everywhere every single day.

I now bring in the shopping daily and even drop off/ pick up my lil sister and the neighbours kids to school daily..

My weakness is bay parking. I can’t do it…even in supermarkets I park far away.

I dropped my sister to University today and was feeling well impressed with myself until I tried to park between two cars in the Uni car park and got stuck!!

I came in such an angle that if I moved forward I would have hit the car on my left and if I reversed back I’d hit the car on my right.

I switched of my engine and sat in despair and contemplated calling dad…but I knew I wouldn’t hear the last of it if dad knew I was stuck…(my driving is the butt of every joke).

I was forced to play the embarrassing role of a damsel in distress and had to ask someone to get me out my predicament and park my car for me….I wanted to die of embarrassment. God knows what the guy must have thought of me…. :oops: :oops:

I can’t even reverse my car into our drive way and instead park my car in front of my drive way every day …and when dad comes home every evening after he parks his car in the driveway, he has to reverse my car into our drive.

I hope I improve my parking... :?

Awww well look at this way at least you can drive unlike some of us :oops:

It takes practice really, my sis used to be like that but now she can park better than dad! Also once she dropped us off to school i was well happy and then she picked us up too but the idiot keep stalling it was so embarasing felt like killing her!

"Angel" wrote:
but the idiot keep stalling it was so embarasing felt like killing her!

Lol!. My sister is just as inconsiderate...when I was stuck between two cars, my sister left me and went inside her Uni, claiming that I was embarrassing her ??!!

I've made her promise not to tell anyone in my household what happened, cos already I'm the butt of every joke...lets just hope she keeps to her word. :?

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Lol!. My sister is just as inconsiderate...when I was stuck between two cars, my sister left me and went inside her Uni, claiming that I was embarrassing her ??!!

I've made her promise not to tell anyone in my household what happened, cos already I'm the butt of every joke...lets just hope she keeps to her word. :?

hehe i wouldnt have promised i would have gone and told everyone only to get back at sis for the countless jokes she makes of me Cray 2 lol but then your too sweet couldnt do that to you!

Btw where is she - forum is real dead without her , let her know i was asking bout her.

"Angel" wrote:

Btw where is she - forum is real dead without her , let her know i was asking bout her.

She's OK..just very busy with Uni and might be going away for a few days with mum.

I'll let her know you were asking about her.

x

LOL

she's a joker driver and she don't let me listen to any of my tunes in the car :evil:

btw thanks for asking angel-I'm OK just STRESSED with Uni work atm

has any one here (or any one you know of) passed before 4 weeks? from the first lesson... cos i did Wink

passed my theory test the day after i turned 17, and the day after that i had my first lesson and booked my actual test.

"wass786" wrote:
has any one here (or any one you know of) passed before 4 weeks? from the first lesson... cos i did Wink

passed my theory test the day after i turned 17, and the day after that i had my first lesson and booked my actual test.

and how long had u been driving before u turned 17? Blum 3

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"wass786" wrote:

no one likes a show off :roll:

im not showing off. most of you are complaining about driving so i thought i'll change it.

BTW its girls who show off when they pass Lol like a miracle has just happend.......

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"wass786" wrote:

no one likes a show off :roll:

I think you forgot to metion the part about where you drove illegally for x amount of time before taking a lesson for the sake of having a registered car to take on the test.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
I think you forgot to metion the part about where you drove illegally for x amount of time before taking a lesson for the sake of having a registered car to take on the test.

"*DUST*" wrote:
"wass786" wrote:

and how long had u been driving before u turned 17? Blum 3

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Pages