driving

362 posts / 0 new
Last post

Quote:
and how long had u been driving before u turned 17?
a few weeks... BUT thats not anything like driving lessons. thats called dangerous driving and its worse than driving from fresh cos ur not causing as much hazard Wink

I have only ever drove "illegally" once with sis's supervision only to get kicked out exactly 40 secs later :oops: cuz according to her "i didn't know how to drive" :evil:

Quote:
I have only ever drove "illegally" once with sis's supervision only to get kicked out exactly 40 secs later cuz according to her "i didn't know how to drive"

[i]do[/i] you know how to drive? Smile

"Angel" wrote:
I have only ever drove "illegally" once with sis's supervision only to get kicked out exactly 40 secs later :oops: cuz according to her "i didn't know how to drive" :evil:

I'm strict like that with my sister too...I know I should take her to a supermarket or something since she has her test in a few weeks time but dad isn't allowing me as she's not insured..

She did say to dad that if anything happens she can just says she's me ??!!

I know bear people drive without insurances and licenses but...its best to be careful just in case. :?

"MuslimSister" wrote:

I know bear people drive without insurances and licenses but...its best to be careful just in case. :?

Yeah i would be too scared of gettin caught and gettin the ban (that would really tick mum off lol). However that was a one-off dont think sis would ever take me again :evil:

Wass, i DO know how to drive, we all know what some of you "drivers" are like, think u know how to drive properly, as if!

Quote:
Wass, i DO know how to drive, we all know what some of you "drivers" are like, think u know how to drive properly, as if!

Lol

My dad took me for a drive all over London last night… If the speed limit was 50 he’d make me drive at 40 and if it was 30 he’d make me drive at 25mph.

He’s so extra with me in the car….even though I do not know a driver that more reckless than him…

Last night he said to me “stay in the right lane” so I indicated and started to move to the right…he started to yell at me in the car so I said to him “you told me to move right” he told me that he meant “stay in the right lane” (i.e don’t move to the WRONG lane).

Some people are just not cut out for teaching…

My driving has generally improved even though, parking is still an issue. Yesterday whilst reversing out somewhere I bashed into this pole type thing…thank God it didn’t leave a mark on my car...I wouldn’t have heard the end of it. :?

Yesterday my friend was telling me how to hammer out dents in a car using a plank of wood so that your parents don’t find out…that’s useful to know.

"(*_Khamzat" wrote:

If you cant navigate on the tube then what hope is there on the A406, A13 etc… Cray 2

I've improved tremendously. I love driving, I even don't mind being stuck in the London traffic 24/7.

I'm fine on the A406 and the A13, although parking is still an issue... :?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"(*_Khamzat" wrote:

If you cant navigate on the tube then what hope is there on the A406, A13 etc… Cray 2

I've improved tremendously. I love driving, I even don't mind being stuck in the London traffic 24/7.

I'm fine on the A406 and the A13, although parking is still an issue... :?

Well Alhamdulilah again Smile , you and your little sister are always up beat and think positive, just don’t let the other idiot motorist disturb you, parking takes practices. I only seem to like parking on the right

Yeh, it does take a lot to wind me up...other drivers stupidity and traffic doesnt bother me.

I started off as an OTT safe driver, but I've quickly picked up bad habits from dad, I'm highly strung at times and this is sometimes seen in my driving :?

I still park miles away in bays in shopping centres though

I wouldn’t say you've picked up "bad habits", it’s better for a person to drive a way he/she feels comfortable for them, bad habits are driving without a licence, not having valid MOT, TAX and Insurance Wink

Assalamolaikum everyone i did take lessons b4 bu then the instructor went on holiday and now he`s come back but is really busy at the moment i was wondering if anyone could give me a good instructors number in Bolton.

Jazakallah

SKHAN

i LURVE going on long drives with my sister-although we fight over the CD's and she is dont let me play the tunes I want to play :evil:

btw tis my test next week-i had a mock test today and got 2 majors Cray 2

i cant wait to pass so that I can jack my sisters car and play my OWN tunes :twisted:

make dua i pass

inshallah u will pass,my dad taught me 2 drive last year when i was 15,im 2 young to go 4 my test n i havent got a provisional yet lol this year inshallah b4 my 17th cant wait!! xx

'A book holds a house of gold'

i cant wait to start driving, i'm starting next year when i turn seventeen
insha allah Smile

smile and be happy!!!

I passed my driving about a month ago - all i have 2 say is just stick with it! u will come 2 a point where u think 'oh jus 4get this i aint ever gona pass' but trust jus stick with it n Insha'Allah u will get der!

Self-Parking Cars Coming To U.S.

Vehicles that are able to parallel park themselves while drivers sit and relax behind the wheel are coming to the United States, according to a Local 6 News report.

Local 6 news showed video of a driver sitting and allowing the car's steering wheel to turn on its own as it pulled into a tight parking spot on a London street. The reporter never touched the wheel as the car parked itself.

With the self-parking assistant, the driver is only responsible for controlling the speed of the car, via the brake pedal.

The car's computer senses when it's time to turn the car's wheel and announces when the ride is over.

The computer can be heard saying, "The assist is over."

So far, the new technology is only available on Toyota hybrid models in Britain with 70 percent of the car owners paying the $700 for the self-park feature.

Toyota says expect to see the technology pop up in the U.S. soon, Local 6 anchor Jacqueline London said.

[url=

My dream car...

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Self-Parking Cars Coming To U.S.

Vehicles that are able to parallel park themselves while drivers sit and relax behind the wheel are coming to the United States, according to a Local 6 News report.

Local 6 news showed video of a driver sitting and allowing the car's steering wheel to turn on its own as it pulled into a tight parking spot on a London street. The reporter never touched the wheel as the car parked itself.

With the self-parking assistant, the driver is only responsible for controlling the speed of the car, via the brake pedal.

The car's computer senses when it's time to turn the car's wheel and announces when the ride is over.

The computer can be heard saying, "The assist is over."

So far, the new technology is only available on Toyota hybrid models in Britain with 70 percent of the car owners paying the $700 for the self-park feature.

Toyota says expect to see the technology pop up in the U.S. soon, Local 6 anchor Jacqueline London said.

[url=

My dream car...

Americans :roll:

lazy ppl with no spacial awareness.

Back in BLACK

what is a good 1st car?

criteria: relatively small car and easily affordable lol

onnly 1 answer from me

vauxhall corsa Dirol

silver or balck tho - and colour co-ordinated bumpers!!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

yep vauxhall corsa is a nice car and silver/black/blue are the best colours for cars I think

A nissan micra

or Fiat Punto

Dunno about street cred, but small, cheap and good for insurance, unfortunately not likely to have power steering ...maybe not ABS either.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

the new shapes do have em

but DUDE.........nissan micra?

i'd rather have a donkey cart :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Dawud" wrote:
or Fiat Punto

Dunno about street cred, but small, cheap and good for insurance, unfortunately not likely to have power steering ...maybe not ABS either.

I gotta have power steering lol

"Fresh Prince" wrote:
but DUDE.........nissan micra?

i'd rather have a donkey cart

lol a lot of people think that way about the micra

lilsis, how ur test go?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Oh yeh please do tell! Biggrin

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

Vauxhall corsa are horrible car, juts looking at them makes me puke- the pedals are so close together, you need tiny feet to control – I wouldn’t recommend any French car’s either- buy a strong long lasting car built with metal and not cheap fiber plastic panels.

I post some pictures of my accident damaged VW Golf and the car still drives compare that with any car in its range and you will instantly see why VW cars are built to last.

typical....Golf or Civics :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

What is it about cars and street cred?

For my first car I wasn’t fussed at all …all I asked for was a perfect clutch and power steering.

I’d have been happy with a Nissan Micra…dad got me a Ford Fiesta Finesse (2000), which apparently only has slightly better street cred than a Nissan….but who am I trying to impress? It’s a nice car, it drives so smoothly, I find any excuse to go for a drive…I’ve already chipped up the sliver plate thing on the tires (whatever they’re called) with my terrible parking. :oops:

Maybe in a year’s time when I’m earning decent money and have at least one year’s experience in driving....I might get a better car.

People want to look nice and presentable (and fashionable) when walking down the street. They also want to look nice and presentable etc when driving.

But when you're driving the other drivers don't see the nice clothes, the make-up, the gelled hair etc they see the shell of the car.

Therefore, car street cred is just an extension of peoples' desire to look noice socially etc.

IMO.

Pages