Girls MUST Learn How To Cook

222 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Admin" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
I can't knead the dough though. :?

Get a breadmaker.

Someone at work does that to knead the dough.

I wanted that but mum thinks i am lazy as it is, but kneading the dough is not a problem for me i actually do it pretty well (annoying thing is when too much water is added!) and my chappatis are good, made it after months the other day and they were round!

tip for lilsis: add little water at a time (u proly do that but thats the only way of getin it right, not too soft and not too hard)

"Admin" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
I can't knead the dough though. :?

Get a breadmaker.

Someone at work does that to knead the dough.

Does that work?

One has to put a LOT of strength into kneading the dough..I wonder if a breadmaker could get the job done. If so, its worth buying.

Someone I know can knead the dough using a fork. Cos she (like me) doesnt like her hands getting sore...I'd love to learn how she does that.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Someone I know can knead the dough using a fork. Cos she (like me) doesnt like her hands getting sore...I'd love to learn how she does that.

A fork wow that is weird and impressive at the same time, still confused how she does that though :?

Damn i was too busy goin on bout how my chappati's are so round that today they werent soo good :x i also broke the tawah, it just slipped out of my hand :oops:

"Beast" wrote:
I'm thinking of making pasta with scrambled egg and tartare sauce.

Does anyone want to me warn off it?

So, I tried it.

Somebody should have warned me when I gave them the chance.

:roll:

"Beast" wrote:
"Beast" wrote:
I'm thinking of making pasta with scrambled egg and tartare sauce.

Does anyone want to me warn off it?

So, I tried it.

Somebody should have warned me when I gave them the chance.

:roll:

lol. the tartar sauce was going a bit far... Lol

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

man, that just sounds gross

how did you stomach it? thought you were joking about it

tartare sauce and fish, thats the way its meant to be, stick to the classics

"fizzy1" wrote:
man, that just sounds gross

how did you stomach it? thought you were joking about it

tartare sauce and fish, thats the way its meant to be, stick to the classics

lol that said, i can imagine it being ok in cold pasta - u know the type they have in Pizza Hut buffet...?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Angel" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

A fork wow that is weird and impressive at the same time, still confused how she does that though :?

Damn i was too busy goin on bout how my chappati's are so round that today they werent soo good :x i also broke the tawah, it just slipped out of my hand :oops:

woops!

butter-fingers.

Back in BLACK

I'm tired. I'm hungry. and i'm not done with my work. and I know you aren't supposed to start sentences with conjunctions. or be using the passive voice. but right now I just don't care.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
I know you aren't supposed to start sentences with conjunctions. or be using the passive voice. but right now I just don't care.

Lol

You can in a diary entry.

And your just posting messages on the forum...you're not writing an acedemic essay.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
I know you aren't supposed to start sentences with conjunctions. or be using the passive voice. but right now I just don't care.

Lol

You can in a diary entry.

And your just posting messages on the forum...you're not writing an acedemic essay.

You can?!

lol I have been trying to kill the "AIM syndrome" lately. Consequently, i've been paying far more attention to grammar and spelling than I probably should be.

Anybody here other than me and the chance-glance American use AIM?

"Seraph" wrote:

woops!

butter-fingers.

no, it just slipped :evil:

cookin takes too much effort and pickin a tawah is heavy thats my excuse!

"Angel" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

woops!

butter-fingers.

It is heavy and thats so annoying.

Apparently a sign of a good Tawah is its heaviness. But yeah, if its not balenced on the stove properly it can fall. I broke the handle on mine time ago.

"Angel" wrote:

aww. ur lucky it didnt fall on ur feet tho - that wudv been painful!!

i luurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve them, in everything

you can get pomegranete juice you know???

i like pomegranates but i cant be asked to take em out, it takes time

kensington high street - iranian shops have little cups with lots of the pommy seeds in them

saves having to fuss and take them out yrself

havent a clue where that is ^^^ but thanx anyway

only ever been to Ealing even that was just at a family freind's house.

never been to ealing, wts it like?

stayed in kensington during the summer, really nice area

"fizzy1" wrote:
never been to ealing, wts it like?

stayed in kensington during the summer, really nice area

i went about 6/7 years ago so cant remember much and anyway we only stayed for a couple of hours at their house so didnt really get to see the area.

"Fatima" wrote:

talking of pomegranates...

someone said in each pomegranate one of the erm...bits or whatever is from heaven

i wonder if its true

"white" wrote:
"Fatima" wrote:

talking of pomegranates...

someone said in each pomegranate one of the erm...bits or whatever is from heaven

i wonder if its true

Yes itr true. In every single pomegranate that is on the earth it contains ONE seed that is from jannah. Thats why when I have pomegranate I make sure that I eat every single seed and make dua that OH ALLAH I have consumed a seed from the paradise, how can You send me to the fire when I have consumed the fruit of the paradise?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i used to do that to...

when dads at home he alwayz bought pomegranates, took ALL the seeds out in a big bowl and told everyone to eat..coz they good for you

havent had em since ages

som1 shud buy u some pomegranate then innit.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

why not... PPL shud just offer

i dont take easily

if u dnt take easily then u cant blame ppl for insisting when they bring u a gift can u?

U shud just shutup, smile sweetly and accept graciously when som1 gives u a gift. BUT if u think there is some form of bribery involved in the gift then you can refuse and infact you must refuse. But if you think the giver of the gift is giving it with no ulterior motive, and is giving it with an open heart, freely and happily then its cruel to not take it.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Pages