Girls MUST Learn How To Cook

222 posts / 0 new
Last post

"naj" wrote:

no muslim sis i DONT, but looks like things are heading that way :x

Don't be so pessimistic sis. I'm sure only good things are heading your way.

Its wrong to be too fussy but its even more wrong to settle for just anyone.

my sis is totally opposite...SHES the type to keep her man on his feet lol..
shes ALWAYZ at her hubby(feel sorry for him) reminds me of lilsis Smile

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"naj" wrote:

no muslim sis i DONT, but looks like things are heading that way :x

Don't be so pessimistic sis. I'm sure only good things are heading your way.

Its wrong to be too fussy but its even more wrong to settle for just anyone.

jazakallah muslimsister,

i shall bear that in mind

"naj" wrote:
my sis is totally opposite...SHES the type to keep her man on his feet lol..
shes ALWAYZ at her hubby(feel sorry for him) reminds me of lilsis Smile

Lol-My little sister is all talk. If you met her in real life, you'll see that she's the shyest girl you've ever met.

I don't think either partner should keep their partner on their feet.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Lol-My little sister is all talk. If you met her in real life, you'll see that she's the shyest girl you've ever met.

yea i do believe so...from her posts previously i've seen the bright side Biggrin , i can also be very shy in person...dont talk much lol, well depends who im chatting to i suppose

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

easy Yash Wink

but yeah-girls should know how to cook

but realistically speaking-many girls are in full time education AND work

so how many can fit in cooking lessons in their timetable

Finally sum1 understands me! I am always sayin that to mum but she thinks i am superwoman :roll:

I know how to make curry thats bout it and i also know how to pick up a fone and make an order Blum 3 thats me sorted!

I think u can learn when u want to but same applies to some guys who dont even lift a finger.

There nothing wrong with a woman knowing how to cook, and i don't think it unreasonable if someone ask them to learn, if my mum ask me to learn how to cook or my future wife, i would do it, it no big deal and a good skill to have. I also realise that food always taste better if you make it yourself, no one esle baked potatoes or Beans or Toasts can measure up to my own IMO.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
There nothing wrong with a woman knowing how to cook, and i don't think it unreasonable if someone ask them to learn, if my mum ask me to learn how to cook or my future wife, i would do it, it no big deal and a good skill to have. I also realise that food always taste better if you make it yourself, no one esle baked potatoes or Beans or Toasts can measure up to my own IMO.

I dont think there is anythin wrong with cookin its the "time" factor, i am uni most times and then at work, the spare time i get i work on uni assigments, on saturdays i like to take time out and then get some work done, sunday mainly passes by cuz we have a study circle and get carried away in discussion etc

I would like to cook but i would rather have an interest and devote time to it cuz i wana be the best chef Dirol

funnily enuf i was just thinking of starting this topic up - coupla days ago we had a dinner party at our house, and all the married women were saying the phrase "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" is really true!!

i find that hard to accept, i mean surely all guys arent THAT obsessed with food?? ok some ppl live to eat whereas others eat to live, i am definitely the latter. dont get me wrong, its not as if i dont appreciate good food, but it wouldnt affect my mood if i didnt get it either!

I know how to do loadsa breakfast things - pancakes, french toast, omelettes, etc. and alhumdulillah i'm fine with deserts too.

but when it comes to lunch and dinner, i can just do chapatis, and chinese noodles. :oops: i havent yet learnt much indian or arab cooking, but i'm sure i will soon enuf inshaAllah.

i wish my bros could cook. well the thing is, they CAN, but they DONT. they literally use it when noone else is there to cook for them i.e. when theyr abroad on their own. My dad is great, he comes back from work and always cooks with my mom, its rare for my parents not to be cooking together. in fact my mom didnt know how to make much when she got married - my dad taught her!! but unfortunately my bros are not the same, i always complain to my mom that she should have instilled this in them too, so that theyd be willing to help out. (they call me a feminist wen i say that, they know i hate the term... :evil:)

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

i had a friend who used to cook for me all the time

now he is a chef, wdnt have it any other way.

wish my hubby wd cook for me, a pain if yr ill and have to cook.

i asked my future hubby, what happens if im ill, he said well, i have a mum and 2 sisters who can cook, i said wt if we dnt live with them

he said there are take aways available

marriage bliss eh?

my dad can also cook, when mum went abroad when i was younger it was dad who used to teach me the basics of cooking, he would supervise me making curries.

he grew up in pak and was oldest in his family, but he is still very domesticated

what has happened to the youth of today....

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
Says my gran each time I go and visit her-and whenever she finds out that I still only know how to make tea and boil rice she gets angry with me Cray 2

Anyways-this topic makes me laugh

I have a cousin around my age who is ALWAYS getting told off by her mum cos she don't know how to cook-apparently no guy will want to marry her :roll:

thats bull-she's pretty, religious and clever

her and her mum have massive kick off regarding cooking

cooking is not rocket science-if u can read and follow directions all u need to do is purchase a good cook book and ur sorted

ALSO boys should be self sufficient-there's too many mummy's boys out there who dont know how to do jack-they should learn

of course-I'm not saying that girls shouldnt cook-all I'm saying is that cooking aint the be all and end all

there's more to life

Anyways, discuss gender stereotypes and the misconception that girl MUST know how to cook otherwise no one will want to marry them

Dirol

COOKING IS AWESOME

I am the Ultimate UberChef of the Millenium.

Can't touch this.

lol honestly it's a plus if the girl can cook - but it's ridiculous to make it a necessity on some sort of idiotic preflight checklist.

I can settle for a girl that doesn't know how to cook but at least compliments my cooking 24/7 and giggles with all her friends about how awesome I am.

...wow I think i've got some self esteem issues

The ultimate girl not only knows how to cook but comes from one particular ethnic group and has "ethnic food" mastered - Mexican, Greek, Italian, anything.

So lilsis! If you learn how to cook asian food you'll be in better straights!

And that's all the news.

my brothers like you constantine he can cook but his wife just thinks hes cocky

my husband cooked once it was a curry and he's itching to do it again, but it took me a week to clean the kitchen the curry got splattered everywhere places i didnt know curry could reach

he also made an omelette once but he ruined the non stick pan

i never cooked till i got married now i love it and i'm really good at basic food - fancy stuff i leave to my brother for the holidays

i'd never made i duno what you guys call it it's rice mixed with meat. part fried rice. But the meat has been marinated cooked in a nice sauce mixed together then shoved in oven. Anyways i'd never made that until i got married had to for eid. My mum gave me her recipe and instructions over the phone and i made it first time, it came out perrrfect. I was well chuffed lool. And my mum came down for eid she was raving on about my talents coz i'd never made it before. She expected the rice to be too hard too soft darn perfection it was lol. I still like to brag about it, ain't you noticed Smile

"seema*" wrote:
my brothers like you constantine he can cook but his wife just thinks hes cocky

my husband cooked once it was a curry and he's itching to do it again, but it took me a week to clean the kitchen the curry got splattered everywhere places i didnt know curry could reach

he also made an omelette once but he ruined the non stick pan

i never cooked till i got married now i love it and i'm really good at basic food - fancy stuff i leave to my brother for the holidays

That's like fifty awesome points for you and your brother - especially your bro.

Guys that can't cook think it's "gay" and "womanly"

oi fifty for my bro too he's a chef...literally i mean. Still he'll come home and cook for my mum or his wife othertimes all of us and theres erm...11 of us including the nephew. Move over waltons.

I want to learn how to cook!

but my mum says that there will be time for cooking but first complete education that is more important then cooking at the moment, she also says the same thing about sewing clothes.

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

"Mez" wrote:

but my mum says that there will be time for cooking but first complete education that is more important then cooking at the moment, she also says the same thing about sewing clothes.

lol sewing really isnt that complicated. my nan taught me when i was a kid. my mom doesnt have the patience to teach me cooking, most of wot i've learnt is from dad. Biggrin

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Mez" wrote:

lol sewing really isnt that complicated. my nan taught me when i was a kid. my mom doesnt have the patience to teach me cooking, most of wot i've learnt is from dad. Biggrin

My Mum is a professional in sewing and she agreed to teach me!
She also Agreed to teach me how to cook as she is a very good cook especially cooking rice and sweet rice.

But still learning how to make custard. mmmmmm custard! Smile

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

i probably will be a lil fussy, to me food is important Smile

but in any marriage, comprimise.

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
i probably will be a lil fussy, to me food is important Smile

but in any marriage, comprimise.

lol and for those of us not interested in compromise - there is always any number of Russian bride sites willing to customize our lady to be.

"Angel" wrote:

I dont think there is anythin wrong with cookin its the "time" factor, i am uni most times and then at work, the spare time i get i work on uni assigments, on saturdays i like to take time out and then get some work done, sunday mainly passes by cuz we have a study circle and get carried away in discussion etc

Same here. I have no time whatsoever to include cooking lessons in my timetable...

But then again, if I found cooking fun..I know I'd MAKE time. :?

Maybe its just me but it annoys me when aunties ask me if I can cook. Even though I can I always tell them I can't....I dislike being judged on stuff like cooking.

I was just watching "The Stepford wives" on the movie channel.

It was about these career minded women who were converted into "perfect wives" by their husbands...they became Robots...the type who devoted themselves to being perfect housewives and waited on their husbands hand and foot.

Anyways, Nicole Kidman escaped this precedure and converted all the women back to what they were..

I told my sister that I need to be placed in that machine..

It was an intresting movie.

I'll cook iInsha Allah T'ala, oon the fiurst day of my marriage (if it happens)

I hope future wife to be likes milk..
I once joked that when I grow up I was going to buy a cow, and possibly get a married...so she could maintain the cow.
The cow would live in the house with me, and the wife would have her own little shed, where she could keep all her Cow milking tools.

Wife would live in shed, milking cow would...I can feel the tensions simmering.

No seriously, I love cooking, I'm not great at it. But to me its just another form of Art.

Hint Apple pie has got to be the easiest dish, you just slice raw apples, cover them in about 1 to 2 ml of water, add 4/5 spoons of sugar, stick on a butter/sugar breadcrumb mixture and oven for 40 mins, easy and tastes authentic.

Lol Lol Lol Cow indeed, what would the neighbours say? :idea:

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I was just watching "The Stepford wives" on the movie channel.

It was about these career minded women who were converted into "perfect wives" by their husbands...they became Robots...the type who devoted themselves to being perfect housewives and waited on their husbands hand and foot.

Anyways, Nicole Kidman escaped this precedure and converted all the women back to what they were..

I told my sister that I need to be placed in that machine..

It was an intresting movie.

lol yeh i remember watching tht movie a while back. clear message of feminism... Wink

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Can you cook Aasiyah?

lol thats classic Lol

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Can you cook Aasiyah?

yeh, some stuff. see my first post on this page. Smile

"seema*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
Can you cook Aasiyah?

lol thats classic Lol

wots classic? hav i been confuddled? Sad

can you make a mean Keema?

i jus noticed, all ive ate ALL TODAY (or y'day) - i mean friday, is a pastie from Greggs, and Nacho's with cheese sauce from the cinema

no wonder im hungry :?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Pages