Girls MUST Learn How To Cook

222 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Ramz" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
Anyways, discuss gender stereotypes and the misconception that girl MUST know how to cook otherwise no one will want to marry them

My desi mum, dad and grandparents always say that. Thats a load of codswallop. My non ability to cook and the sh**** food that I've made in the past has never put of a truck load of desi's from wanting to marry me. :roll:

LOL

girl u crack me up Lol

I'm still waiting on that sandwich.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
I'm still waiting on that sandwich.

keep on waiting :roll:

I don't "do" sandwiches

I made pasta yesterday.

I added tomatoe and garlic sauce. Tuna and sweetcorn.

It was yucky :?

mm muslimsis i know what you mean you want a quick meal you're starving don't wana spend ages making it. But i've tried pasta sauces from a jar simply add to the pasta, i think it tastes naff. Apart from that since we can only go for vegy sauces we're usually just left with the tomato ones. My brother loves it like that, but then he eats anything coz he's so lazy.

Hate to tell you this but if you want a tasty pasta dish you need to make the sauce yourself, get a recipe book. Quick and easy pasta recipes give you lotsa tips for food fit for the stomach not the bin.

Who said keema with pasta tastes wow, i agree. Keema italian style not indian style hope that's what you mean lol. Spaghetti bolognese tastes amazing i love it. You need a bit of time to make it, around 1 hour. If you use beef rather than lamb can take a bit longer. But the taste is in the sauce. So the longer you simmer that meat sauce the better it will taste. If you put it on high gas won't taste half as good.

Don't listen to the lads. They have just told you how to boil the pasta, they're suggesting you eat it plain, talk about lazy looooooool. Brother Dawud gave the best explanation of boiling pasta well done. Italians normally serve pasta not totally soft, al dente i think they call it. And after they drain off the hot water they put it under cold water very briefly,
prevents them sticking together, and nah doesn't go cold.

I recomend spaghetti bolognese for your first pasta recipe. Try it one weekend. If you want a quick nice pasta just in totmato sauce i reckon bachelors do a nice one better than the canned stuff. Obviously not as healthy but speed is what you want. The cheese one stinks but i like it now and again.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I made pasta yesterday.

....tuna and sweetcorn [i]with[/i] tomato and garlic sauce?

What on earth were you thinking?!

i made pasta last nite too,

fried onions, added mushrooms and sweetcorn, then dolmio, then pasta

that used to be my uni food, lived off it with variations of spicy pasta, peppers and other veg

fizzy you have the pasta cooking down well i also stir in garlic and tomatoes to the onions then fry some more and add olives (no dolmio) pasta etc

i love pasta and lasgne i make that from scratch too

i used to make the dolmio sauce from scratch, and cheese sauce, but cdnt be bothered with all ingredients and taking time to do it.

i love stir fry too, you can get the stir fry mix from asda, add chick peas, peppers, onions, ginger, garlic, peas, broad beans, pasta if you want.

gorgeous

has anyone got any tasty recipes to try??

"fizzy1" wrote:
i used to make the dolmio sauce from scratch, and cheese sauce, but cdnt be bothered with all ingredients and taking time to do it.

i love stir fry too, you can get the stir fry mix from asda, add chick peas, peppers, onions, ginger, garlic, peas, broad beans, pasta if you want.

gorgeous

has anyone got any tasty recipes to try??

Depends... do you like crab cakes or anything with seafood?

hmmmm PASTA!! Biggrin

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

Cooking is great! Cooking with heart even greater!
I can see the difference, i can feel the difference. Heart means a lot!
Here in my place, girls are very domesticated, and they are good at cooking as well!
So come everybuddy to Kazakhstan, we have the best cooks overhere!
We have russian cooks, we have kazakh cooks, we have korean cooks, we have uigur cooks, we have uzbek cooks, we have tatar cooks, we have ukrainian cooks, we have dungan cooks, we have kyrgyz cooks, we have chechen cooks, we have turkish cooks!
Come on in Everybuddy, Come on in Cook Lovers!

And certainly girls have to know how to cook, as well as many other things e.g. drive, fight, swim, play tennis, run!

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
Ok girls know how to cook in
your place.
We get
the
message. :roll:

hahahhaha

i like sea food, but not crab, tastes yucky, well i only had crab sticks and wasnt impressed.

does normal crab taste diff?

i love prawns, especially in salad.

i make mean salads, seriously.

went thru this phase of south beach diet, and recipes were amazing.

but i love my carbs way tooooo much

"fizzy1" wrote:
i like sea food, but not crab, tastes yucky, well i only had crab sticks and wasnt impressed.

does normal crab taste diff?

i love prawns, especially in salad.

i make mean salads, seriously.

went thru this phase of south beach diet, and recipes were amazing.

but i love my carbs way tooooo much

Crab is only good when it's the real deal. Only New England or Alaskan crab is the real stuff. And it's spectacular.

never tried it, but will think about it

my dad hates sea food

i went off it for a while, esp tuna, cuz we got cats and they wd only eat tuna, and i associated it with that.

think im over it now

anyone have any sea food recipes???

tried to make fish (salmon) curry last year, my many experiments living on my own, not as nice as meat though, unless its tuna curry, thats ok

the only sea food I'm a fan off is prawns

wouldnt mind trying other stuff-

anyone ever tried sea weed?

i tried sea weed.

my flate mates last year were chinese and japanese, so they made some cool dishes.

one nite we had a dinner party, the japanese girl, (bless her she has passed away now) made the food

she made all kinds of things, a fish soup with salmon in- my fav fish ever!

she made chicken, which i didnt try obv, but cooked it in coke, lol, anyone heard of that?!! everyone said it was nice.

and she made other things and put sea weed on it, it tasted ok actually, they wd have sea food in packets

has anyone ever tried thai food?

i tried it few years back

deeee-lishous

but tried to make it in summer and wasnt quite same, ive got thai spices and the curry is coconut based rather than tomato, add fish and yr near enough there.

i think

"fizzy1" wrote:
has anyone ever tried thai food?

i tried it few years back

deeee-lishous

but tried to make it in summer and wasnt quite same, ive got thai spices and the curry is coconut based rather than tomato, add fish and yr near enough there.

i think

I love Thai food! Really spicy - and lots of peanut sauce in it.

I think they also make cocanut soup right?

peanut??? new to me

i tried i think thai green curry and rice, tried to make a thai curry coconut style. i need more recipe ideas

"fizzy1" wrote:
peanut??? new to me

i tried i think thai green curry and rice, tried to make a thai curry coconut style. i need more recipe ideas

lol look up that coconut soup it's gotta be online somewhere

DEEEEELICIOUS.

Really spicy though

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
your place.
We get
the

But unfortunately they can't make chapatti. We have something like chapatti, but it is definitely not chapatti. I myself like chapatti, especially for breakfast with special sauce and greens.
By the way it is very easy to make chapatti, and very cheap too!
Big taste for small money, I like it.
Homemade chapatti with beans forever!

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I made pasta yesterday.

wat the hell were you making?
[size=9]
other than a big mistake[/size]

Back in BLACK

"rubitron" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
your place.
We get
the

But unfortunately they can't make chapatti. We have something like chapatti, but it is definitely not chapatti. I myself like chapatti, especially for breakfast with special sauce and greens.
By the way it is very easy to make chapatti, and very cheap too!
Big taste for small money, I like it.
Homemade chapatti with beans forever!

oookkkaayy... :roll:
[size=9]
somebody throw this guy a chapatti before he has a heartattack.[/size]

Back in BLACK

I made pasta again today.

I added left over keema, tomatoe sauce and sweetcorn.

Thanks for the suugestions guys-it was yummy. And whats great about pasta is thats its very filling and you can leave it in the fridge and eat it cold too.

And I don't mean to brag but I'm an expert at chapati's..I've been making them since I was 11. Its the only thing I've mastered. I make them so round that they can roll of the table...and all my roti's always puff up with hot air. (And thats the sign of a perfect chapati).

I can't knead the dough though. :?

I'm thinking of making pasta with scrambled egg and tartare sauce.

Does anyone want to me warn off it?

Well you won't know until you've tried it...

Sounds funny though. But thats only cos I'm not a fan of scrambled eggs.

i love eggs!!! use them for everything

they are magical

scrambled eggs,
poached eggs,
boiled eggs,
fried eggs,
egg mayonnaise,
egg curry,
grated eggs in salad,
eggy bread in mornings
eggs on shami kebabs

quick fix for everything, another uni favourite when i was starving

i have just mastered the sacred art of round chapatis i think, and can knead the dough well too

Pages