PARENTS

150 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Constantine" wrote:
lol yea.. it would be nice to be somebody's hero.
I am a hero. Yesterday I had a Superman moment and chased after a teenage girl who had just hit an Indian lady and snatched her handbag. She threw the handbag down while she was running off, but I had her apologise anyway. I admit, if it had been a big guy I don't know what would have happened, but I'm a tough chancer and like to think I'd have done my best.
[img]

"100" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:
I am a hero. Yesterday I had a Superman moment and chased after a teenage girl who had just hit an Indian lady and snatched her handbag. She threw the handbag down while she was running off, but I had her apologise anyway.
[img]

wow u are a hero

dad once run after a guy who snatched mums handbag-he chased after him half way across town and caght him

not bad for a guy who's a heavy smoker and in his mid 40's

(he did have a go at mum later cos the purse only contained an apple and some water-it was SO not worth the chase Biggrin )

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

dad once run after a guy who snatched mums handbag-he chased after him half way across town and caght him

not bad for a guy who's a heavy smoker and in his mid 40's

(he did have a go at mum later cos the purse only contained an apple and some water-it was SO not worth the chase Biggrin )

awww that is so sweet

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

lol. Big up your Dad. If you're vigilant and don't mind people there's a lot of opportunities, and while you're being vigilant you see a lot of Supermen and Wonderwomen (Supermans and Wonderwomans?) step up. Society is cool.

"100" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:
I am a hero. Yesterday I had a Superman moment and chased after a teenage girl who had just hit an Indian lady and snatched her handbag. She threw the handbag down while she was running off, but I had her apologise anyway. I admit, if it had been a big guy I don't know what would have happened, but I'm a tough chancer and like to think I'd have done my best.
[img]

lol that's awesome 100 - never got the opportunity for a good citizen award.

10 points for the purse, 20 points for the use of superman and 50 more points for moses just because.

"100" wrote:
Biggrin
Love you man.

I love you too 100.

That is your ring Omrow. I don't want your ring but I do love you, too.

Haha that superman pic reminds me of me, except he's smaller and has less muscles, but the hair is about right.

100 well done mate, don't worry about big guys, you did good just start witht he little girls and slowly work your way up, you'll be overthrowing corrupt governments in no time! Biggrin Dirol

Btw do you want to join my Eco warrior army?

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Constantine" wrote:

I think girls are better because guys have this whole "alpha male" complex

alpha-male the batcha! were going fishing next saturday mate, and I'm bringing the Werther's Original for added effect, then you try and pull the alpha-male one. :roll:

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dawud" wrote:
Haha that superman pic reminds me of me, except he's smaller and has less muscles, but the hair is about right.

100 well done mate, don't worry about big guys, you did good just start witht he little girls and slowly work your way up, you'll be overthrowing corrupt governments in no time! Biggrin Dirol

Btw do you want to join my Eco warrior army?

Thanks for that mate. Lol
:oops:

MuslimSisLilSis,

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
Get a room guys :roll:
Easy.

[b]Parents are one of the best gifts allah (swt) bestowed on us beings... [/b]

I was chatting with a mate last night and she stated that without her parents she may not be where she is today...just made me think how we all take our parents for granted at times, we forget about the amount of love, support, understanding, care and happiness (just to mention a few)they give us...

Thus wanted to ask you ..... Name only ONE reason YOU are greatful for this beautiful blessing.....i.e. YOUR PARENTS?...

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed.
My Prayer has been answered.

without parents I would not have been born...

So I would certainly wouild not be where I am today!

:twisted:

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"MuSlImAh786" wrote:
I was chatting with a mate last night and she stated that without her parents she may not be where she is today...just made me think how we all... we forget about the amount of love, support, understanding, care and happiness (just to mention a few)they give us...

Not all of us. And some parents are idiots. Some are totally rubbish, negligent or abusive and so are some of their offspring. To say "we all" is a bit of a generalisation.

thats just not nice 100 even though it may be correct but dont you see it this way that they birth to us isnt that enough for our undying gratitude i think it is.

For giving birth? For having sex? Why is this suddenly about me being nice? Some parents don't show responsibility, and a position of screwing your life up for parents with no responsibility is not very nice. What you said is to show gratitude and acknowledgement for the love parents have, and I agree with that. But I objected to the generalisation and the consequently misplaced preachiness.

yeah i hate preachiness (nice word) too but sometimes we get carried away and overwelmed by our love for any particular thing this time parents and we only see the good and never think of the bad at times like this

no what i meant was that simply giving birth bringing us into this world is enough for me for them to have my undying gratitude i dont need their love although of course it would be nice

ok so a man just has sex but what of the lady that has to carry the child for 9 months and birth pains thats got to count for a whole heap of gratitude

Just giving some detail, seema. I think it's great for us to show love and gratitude, and to our parents. In the last post I attributed MuSlImAh786's comment to you btw, sorry about that. What you wrote is something else.

Quote:
ok so a man just has sex
Smile

I think its a two way thing like Bowlby said, tho not evolutionary but certainly partially innate, we are created after all dontcha know! Biggrin

I get your point 100...but y'know, you're alive today aren't ya? an they like have had to base their life around you, even if they complain and throw it in your face. The gift is still there, its just a bit scratched and roughened but that doesn't change its 'gift' nature.

[color=green][i]By the way ECO warrior assignment is to make an effort not to drop litter, and try to pick up one piece a day from the streets/parks etc and bin it, even if you have to carry it home to bin it. Bonus points for picking up cig ends and beer cans. Even if you don't meet the criteria of the mission as long as you're trying thats all that matters people. Baby steps. :[/i][/color]D

Oh and if you already do this, good work, feel free to dictate the next assignment. Wink

"Dawud" wrote:
I think its a two way thing like Bowlby said, tho not evolutionary but certainly partially innate, we are created after all dontcha know! Biggrin

I get your point 100...but y'know, you're alive today aren't ya? an they like have had to base their life around you, even if they complain and throw it in your face. The gift is still there, its just a bit scratched and roughened but that doesn't change its 'gift' nature.

[color=green][i]By the way ECO warrior assignment is to make an effort not to drop litter, and try to pick up one piece a day from the streets/parks etc and bin it, even if you have to carry it home to bin it. Bonus points for picking up cig ends and beer cans. Even if you don't meet the criteria of the mission as long as you're trying thats all that matters people. Baby steps. :[/i][/color]D

Oh and if you already do this, good work, feel free to dictate the next assignment. Wink

Oh, I love my parents. btw I respect your intentions with that assignment and I refuse. I am happy to pitch in as things are but I'm just not making that promise.

The only promise is the promise not to out of your way to make sure you don't do it.

Ah pity the FOO' who goes outa his way to drop litter on the floor! Grrr!

Don't worry 100 I know someday when your ready you'll become 101 and then the world will open up before you like a refrigerator, but there will be milk on every shelf. And when that day comes 101 will go forth and wipe the litter off the face of the Earth not with the fury of God's own wrath but with a simple glove and black bin back.

"MuSlImAh786" wrote:

Thus wanted to ask you ..... Name only ONE reason YOU are greatful for this beautiful blessing.....i.e. YOUR PARENTS?...

They give you stability, comfort and security.

I was walking home from work today in an unfamiliar/dead area in the pitch dark by this scary forest.

And I WAS scared cos the people in that area were dodgy. :? Thankfully my mobile rang and dad asked me if I wanted him to pick me up.

Then at home...the house is always clean, the dinner is always cooked. Everyone is always chilling...either in their room, the computer or in front of the TV. And mother are always respponsible for peace in the household.

Parents are a massive blessing. No one can unconditionally love and care for you as they do...

"MuSlImAh786" wrote:

parents give u food, love, money and teach u how to operate in the big scary world

"100" wrote:

Not all of us. And some parents are idiots. Some are totally rubbish, negligent or abusive and so are some of their offspring. To say "we all" is a bit of a generalisation.

In some way or another there is always something you can be greatful for because of your parents...be that a simple small gesture they carried out for you or a piece of advice they gave you etc etc

I am sorry if I offended you 100, maybe my judgment was clouded by the tons of blessings I have recieved from my parents.

May allah (swt) bless us all with great parents inshallah!

btw just outa of interest....what makes parents rubbish as per 100's comment above?

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed.
My Prayer has been answered.

"MuSlImAh786" wrote:
"100" wrote:

In some way or another there is always something you can be greatful for because of your parents...be that a simple small gesture they carried out for you or a piece of advice they gave you etc etc

I am sorry if I offended you 100, maybe my judgment was clouded by the tons of blessings I have recieved from my parents.

May allah (swt) bless us all with great parents inshallah!

btw just outa of interest....what makes parents rubbish as per 100's comment above?

No, I wasn't offended. Thank you for apologising anyway, so much.

Some examples of rubbish parents are those who keep a very dirty, unsafe house that leaves kids prone to sickness and injury, those who have drunkards and drug addicts passing through around their children, or who deal in drugs, or keep weapons about the place, and parents who treat their kids as an irritation and do not properly educate, those who hit their children, those who molest or leave their children with unsafe people, parents who spend all day getting drunk or high... There are many kinds of neglect. Those are examples of rubbish parenting of the worst degree, but there are other ways to fail as a parent, such as being overly rigid and pressurising, or overly lax, or simply teaching children irresponsible things, or lying to children, or being dictatorial. I am pleased to say I don't come from such a household, and I am sure even the worst suffering child will find benefit in forgiving and loving their parents. Young children, however, have no defenses against a bad upbringing, and I have come across many instances of terible parenting.

Pages