PARENTS

150 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Constantine" wrote:

We have no control over this

True.

I feel that God gives one what they need.

Mum benefitted from having girls-she has bad eyesight and girls by nature are more caring, considerate and sensitive...and dad well, he used to be a man with a hard heart...but his daughters made his heart very soft.

Maybe God might decide that I would benefit more from having boys.

But anyways, I'm waffling here...I'm work with kids and they are hard work!-I'm in no rush to have them.

lol after your experiences I can see why you're not in a hurry.

How is work by the way... did you switch agencies yet?

"Constantine" wrote:
lol after your experiences I can see why you're not in a hurry.

How is work by the way... did you switch agencies yet?

Work is great..I'm doing what I wanted to do since I could talk. I havent changed agencies yet cos I'm busy with Uni...I'm not sure if I will cos I hate chasing people up and running around...I'm a bit lazy like that.

But I will start becoming a lot more picky with my placements...I'll do a quick research on that school before I agree to go there.

But seriously, working in schools is fantastic.

Wow you must enjoy it! your last report what somewhat more... bleak?

Kinda hard planning for placement after graduation during senior year - the workload this year is insanity.

Do you get a teaching certificate with your degree or is that additional education?

"Constantine" wrote:
Wow you must enjoy it! your last report what somewhat more... bleak?

Kinda hard planning for placement after graduation during senior year - the workload this year is insanity.

Do you get a teaching certificate with your degree or is that additional education?

Right now I'm in my last semester in Uni. This December God willing I should graduate...this really was the wrong time to start work.

In January I should start my teachers training which is a seperate one year course which should give me a teaching certificate.

I'm always tired and spend all my time running around-working, studying, attending Uni and my Islamic activities....I have this really bad habit of cramming too much in my timetable and then later moaning about it...but being a girl with OTT mental and physical energy I'm not one who can sit idle either...lol

haha ohh man.

That's stressful - sounds like hard work put you ahead by a semester?

You could go on a half year vacation - see the world or something, get a chocolate cheesecake and take a tour of planet earth!

You could meet lots of interesting people and experience different cultures - thus you could satisfy your intellectual cravings.

lol.. a bit impractical i'm sure.

What does the one year course entail? Is it practical experience or more book work

The one year course is 50% theory and 50% practical...the practical bit is sending me to schools and assessing me. Its very full on.

I've been studying non stop since I started school.-I'm due a break...I wanted to take a year out and just study Islam abroad after I graduate. But dad wasnt too happy about that..

His 21 year old "naive little girl" can't stay on her own in a foriegn country-lol.

But I have many things to accomplish in my "to do" list...including what you just mentioned...but will prob do it in the next year or so.

lol well how do people become un-naive?! Experience!

No rush though - can't do everything on your list in a year.

Besides you might marry a guy who wants to complete your list with you.

Kinda sounds like you are planning on burning out after this upcoming final year of education.

22 year olds aren't naive - neither are 23 year olds.

Where are some places you want to study Islam? I imagine the middle east is a pretty clear starting point...

I bet there is some deep undiscovered part of your soul that's interested in learning more about sufism too - you're always contributing on the sufism threads.

lol i'm keeping you up though - it's nearly 12:00 and you've already subtly hinted you're tired!

I'm too boarish by half!

"Constantine" wrote:

I bet there is some deep undiscovered part of your soul that's interested in learning more about sufism too - you're always contributing on the sufism threads.

Def!

My dream is to study in Syria..One day inshallah.

But right now, I have to try not to stress out my over-protective father who doesnt even like me walking to bustops on my own in the dark. Biggrin

But like you said, there's no rush...everything is fall to place when the time is right.

p.s Yep-Its way past my bed time..Good night! Biggrin

lol good luck negotiating with him!

In some cases a bus stop is more dangerous than a trip to another country unfortunately...

Gnight though!

"Constantine" wrote:
lol yea.. it would be nice to be somebody's hero.

Even if she is your daughter and therefore a captive audience.

how u gona make ur daughter ur hero Dave :roll:

tell me why she would think the world of u :twisted:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:
lol yea.. it would be nice [b]to be[/b] somebody's hero.

Even if she is your daughter and therefore a captive audience.

Quote:
how u gona make ur daughter ur hero Dave :roll:

lol read Dave's posts more closely

Quote:
tell me why she would think the world of u :twisted:

Should be self-evident. I'm awesome.

lol i'd be one of those close father's that's interested in her and her life - not just some overlord that occasionally steps in to forbid something.

And i'd take her everywhere with me, she'd see the world before she turned 16.

Do whatever is necessary to let her explore her potentialities.

It's up to a father to show his daughter that all the boundaries that society places on her are imaginary.

I will be an excellent father.

to be a good dad u also need to

-make her laugh

-be her mate

-stick up for her when her evil brothers wind her up :evil:

-make her laugh when she crys

-try to get in her good books after she's upset with u over sumin

-teach how how to operate in society (uni's, banks, bills cars etc are confusing things :? )

-watch scary movies with her

-be intrested in her "girly" (clothes, make up, dolls etc etc ) intrests

totally doable - except the dolls thing.

I can adapt though

"Constantine" wrote:

I can adapt though

You have hereby passed LilSis's "Good Daddy" test

Go forth and enjoy this honour Dirol

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

I can adapt though

You have hereby passed LilSis's "Good Daddy" test

Go forth and enjoy this honour Dirol

...is there like money or a trophy associated with this honor?

"Constantine" wrote:

Only the pleasure of LilSis-and thats priceless and very rare

Enjoy

Dirol

p.s it doesnt last for more then 21 seconds :twisted:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

Only the pleasure of LilSis-and thats priceless and very rare

Enjoy

Dirol

p.s it doesnt last for more then 21 seconds :twisted:

lol but now that i'm quoting you it will last forever.

Boy oh boy oh boy!!!

and btw no immature, lame jokes such as I-m so happy one to her in front of her mates

DONT EMBARASS HER

but dnt worry u have plenty of time to improve :twisted:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
and btw no immature, lame jokes such as I-m so happy one to her in front of her mates

DONT EMBARASS HER

but dnt worry u have plenty of time to improve :twisted:

What's embarassing about me?!

I'm smart, charming, funny, attractive, i've got mojo and i'm humble.

It's going to be really hard making sure that they just aren't using her to be friends with me - but i'll manage.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

In January I should start my teachers training which is a seperate one year course which should give me a teaching certificate

So does that mean you are going to be doing a PGCE?...primary or secondary?..

Quote:
I have this really bad habit of cramming too much in my timetable and then later moaning about it...but being a girl with OTT mental and physical energy I'm not one who can sit idle either...lol

well that makes 2 of us hun lol Wink

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed.
My Prayer has been answered.

"Constantine" wrote:

Should be self-evident. I'm awesome.

ha you don't beat around the bush do you.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"MuSlImAh786" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

In January I should start my teachers training which is a seperate one year course which should give me a teaching certificate

So does that mean you are going to be doing a PGCE?...primary or secondary?..

Yep thats the PGCE course...I'm looking to take the part time route in primary teaching.

I'd get eaten alive if I ever taught in a high school!

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Its' true...dads do have a "thing" for their daughters. Its nice being a girl-lol.

But I also want to have girls too. I can't really relate to boys...

I am not really close to my dad but he loves me the most......my mum's bro n sis dnt like girls......they also hav less girls. My dads side like girls and the hav bloody loadssssss............i think sumtime its better to be a girl but sumtime it isn't not after loads of probz occurring

Can anyone tell what are the major difference between girls and boys???? obviously not the gender -lol- but sumthing else.....tat sum ppl think guys are better and sum who think gals are better???

"paki_gal" wrote:
Can anyone tell what are the major difference between girls and boys???? obviously not the gender -lol- but sumthing else.....tat sum ppl think guys are better and sum who think gals are better???

I think girls are better because guys have this whole "alpha male" complex - especially me, and frankly I don't need competition from a precocious son.

Perhaps i'm idealizing girls but I think they are more emotional and have a more significant connection with their fathers than guys do. You've got a real opportunity with a girl to be loved I guess is what i'm saying.

On top of that a girl reminds you more of your wife - and I think i'd like to be surrounded by anything that would remind me of her.

So a girl is definitely better than a guy I think.

On top of that a girl reminds you more of your wife - and I think i'd like to be surrounded by anything that would remind me of her.

So a girl is definitely better than a guy I think.[/quote]

Cool, atleast u hav different point of view, particularly nowadays sum people think tat gals bring shame upon family by doing sumthing wrong or tking a wrong step.............wats ur opinion about it?? I mean isn't it the same for guys if they do sumthing wrong??

"paki_gal" wrote:
Cool, atleast u hav different point of view, particularly nowadays sum people think tat gals bring shame upon family by doing sumthing wrong or tking a wrong step.............wats ur opinion about it?? I mean isn't it the same for guys if they do sumthing wrong??

lol well I think that's more of an ethnic thing and I am ethnically nothing.

I'm basically the love child of Microsoft and "the Man"

Like white to the 10th degree.

But yea... I think it's mysogynist and disgusting that people people think of girls as bringing shame on a family and all that nonsense. The only social advantage to a boy is that you can continue the name.

But let's be realistic for a second - if I have a daughter, do you really think you're never going to run into the name Hamilton ever again?

As for when the girl makes a mistake - all children make mistakes, just like both a boy or a girl are able to bring honor to your family, both have just as much potential to take it away.

So I don't really think it makes a difference.

"Constantine" wrote:
"paki_gal" wrote:

lol well I think that's more of an ethnic thing and I am ethnically nothing.

I'm basically the love child of Microsoft and "the Man"

Like white to the 10th degree.

But yea... I think it's mysogynist and disgusting that people people think of girls as bringing shame on a family and all that nonsense. The only social advantage to a boy is that you can continue the name.

But let's be realistic for a second - if I have a daughter, do you really think you're never going to run into the name Hamilton ever again?

As for when the girl makes a mistake - all children make mistakes, just like both a boy or a girl are able to bring honor to your family, both have just as much potential to take it away.

So I don't really think it makes a difference.

lol........well ok i believe the way u hav explaind its true.....i wnt say tat i am trying to be one of the people who really bother into this!!!
But....
why can't anyone here explain these peoples out here........tat there aren't any major difference..........well the most basic topic tat nowadays involve girls these days are the marriagesssssss........
Can u believe tat nowadays sum parents try to force their children particularly daughters to do arrange marriage

there's no major diff between men and women

no one is "better" then the other

them who see girls as a "burden" are narrow minded uneducated fools

Men and women sometimes deal with things in a way that is influenced by male and female norms, whether in line or out of reaction to those norms. Additionally men and women can be affected by their biological stuff, and might make their excuses on that basis. eg 'Don't mess with me today because I'm tough and anguished/on my period'. But I take MuslimSisLilSis' point that many such differences aren't inherent or useful.

Pages