But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"angel" wrote:
"Averroes" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
I LOVE YOU IRF,

[img]

Irf whats with the kisses, i mean he only said he loves you, i love you too would have been enough but kisses!

Your starting to worry me :shock:

What's wrong with kisses?

Women (and Arabs and Europeans) do it all the time.

Why can't I?

"MuSlImAh786" wrote:

do u live with your parents :?:
who are you closeEST too and y lol :?:

[color=blue][b]Asalamu alaikum wr wb!

Yes! i do live with my parents and none of them are closest to me Sad Dnt no y but i guess we r all different to one anotha.

Also i do hav great respect for them Smile

Fi Iman Allah[/b][/color]

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

Salam

"Constantine" wrote:
Abrahams father Terah was an idol worshipper and was mad at his son for turning away from the idols.

Well, thats Bible for you. It even gives us pictures of drunk Prophets.

Muslim do not believe such things. They believe that Bible was altered by some scribes.

Tarakh, the father of Abraham was a pious Muslim.

God can give bad sons to holy parents. But He never gave holy sons to bad parents.

Omrow

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
whos asif? Smile

and you spelt my name properly, how nice of you

your learning young madam Dirol

Asif is my hitman that i am gona set after you, he gona be searching all of manchesta for ya! WATCH YOUR BACK

Damn what was i thinkin!! its hayDUUUUUUH!!!!!

Hayduh and irf show your love elsewhere, this a parents thread....back to topic!

"irfghan" wrote:

What's wrong with kisses?

Women (and Arabs and Europeans) do it all the time.

Why can't I?

Cuz you aint an Arab, your British and that aint part of the British culture to give kisses to another boy! :roll:

I too live at home with my Mum, was never close to mum before i was always so much closer to Dad coz we had this understanding and i could talk to my Dad about anything. My Mum has never had a relationship with her daughters like most mothers have...i dont know why, :? she used to get embaraseed if we started to talk abt marraige etc with her but we have become so much closer to her now!

I have 4 sisters and we fight so much its unbelievable but like somebody said before u only know how much u care abt them when they are ill or away...but il never say that to their face!

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"Constantine" wrote:
Abrahams father Terah was an idol worshipper and was mad at his son for turning away from the idols.

Muslim do not believe such things. They believe that Bible was altered by some scribes.

God can give bad sons to holy parents. But He never gave holy sons to bad parents.

Omrow

Omrow I believe you are incorrect.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"Constantine" wrote:

God can give bad sons to holy parents. But He never gave holy sons to bad parents

Omrow

Omrow ~ before making snarky comments about the Bible and risking the possibility of offending me, at least take a look at the stories in the bible and the Qur'an.

For example the Bible has this absurd little tale about Abraham, his father, and the pagans in his midst:

Terah once went away and left Abraham to mind the store. A woman came with a plateful of flour and asked Abraham to offer it to the idols. Abraham took a stick, broke the idols, and put the stick in the largest idol’s hand. When Terah returned, he demanded that Abraham explain what he had done. Abraham told Terah that the idols fought among themselves and the largest broke the others with the stick. “Why do you make sport of me?” Terah cried, “Do they have any knowledge?” Abraham replied, “Listen to what you are saying!” Terah then delivered Abraham to King Nimrod for punishment. (Genesis Rabbah 38:13.)

Like I said, it's a totally absurd story, i'm sure there is nothing remotely like it in the Qur'an since the Qur'an isn't filled with absurd stories of the like.

And who the hell is "Tarakh" - Azar is the pagan named as Ibrahim's father in the ridiculous story that doesn't exist in the Qur'an about Ibrahim smashing the Idols and blaiming it on the biggest one.

"Constantine" wrote:
"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"Constantine" wrote:

God can give bad sons to holy parents. But He never gave holy sons to bad parents

Omrow

Omrow ~ before making snarky comments about the Bible and risking the possibility of offending me, at least take a look at the stories in the bible and the Qur'an.

For example the Bible has this absurd little tale about Abraham, his father, and the pagans in his midst:

Terah once went away and left Abraham to mind the store. A woman came with a plateful of flour and asked Abraham to offer it to the idols. Abraham took a stick, broke the idols, and put the stick in the largest idol’s hand. When Terah returned, he demanded that Abraham explain what he had done. Abraham told Terah that the idols fought among themselves and the largest broke the others with the stick. “Why do you make sport of me?” Terah cried, “Do they have any knowledge?” Abraham replied, “Listen to what you are saying!” Terah then delivered Abraham to King Nimrod for punishment. (Genesis Rabbah 38:13.)

Like I said, it's a totally absurd story, i'm sure there is nothing remotely like it in the Qur'an since the Qur'an isn't filled with absurd stories of the like.

And who the hell is "Tarakh" - Azar is the pagan named as Ibrahim's father in the ridiculous story that doesn't exist in the Qur'an about Ibrahim smashing the Idols and blaiming it on the biggest one.

hmmm, I think there is something about Prophet Abraham breaking the idols and blaming it on the biggest idol by placing the stick in his hand, I will check the reference for this, but I remember hearing this.

Its not really absurd story because Prophet Abraham wanted to prove to the people that these idols are mere statues and thus as a result he got thrown in the fire.

THROUGH LOVE all that is bitter will be sweet.
Through Love all that is copper will be gold.
Through Love all dregs will turn to purest wine.
Through Love all pain will turn to medicine.
Through Love the king will turn into a slave!

Anyone that interested, here is the verse from Holy Quran, that proves that Azar was the father of Prophet Abraham (AS):

Lo! Abraham said to his father Azar: "Takest thou idols for gods? For I see thee and thy people in manifest error." (6:74)

He said, "Nay, your Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth, He Who created them (from nothing): and I am a witness to this (Truth). (21:56)

"And by Allah, I have a plan for your idols - after ye go away and turn your backs" [21:57]

So he broke them to pieces, (all) but the biggest of them, that they might turn (and address themselves) to it. [21:58]

They said, "Who has done this to our gods? He must indeed be some man of impiety!" [21:59]

They said, "We heard a youth talk of them: He is called Abraham." [21:60]

They said, "Then bring him before the eyes of the people, that they may bear witness." [21:61]

They said, "Art thou the one that did this with our gods, O Abraham?" [21:62]

He said: "Nay, this was done by - this is their biggest one! ask them, if they can speak intelligently!" [21:63]

So they turned to themselves and said, "Surely ye are the ones in the wrong!" [21:64]

Then were they confounded with shame: (they said), "Thou knowest full well that these (idols) do not speak!" [21:65]

(Abraham) said, "Do ye then worship, besides Allah, things that can neither be of any good to you nor do you harm? [21:66]

"Fie upon you, and upon the things that ye worship besides Allah! Have ye no sense?" [21:67]

They said, "Burn him and protect your gods, If ye do (anything at all)!" [21:68]

We said, "O Fire! be thou cool, and (a means of) safety for Abraham!" [21:69]

Then they sought a stratagem against him: but We made them the ones that lost most! [21:70]

There you go every single verse directly from Holy Quran

Salam

[b]Muslim clerics have said that
Azar mentioned in Quran was an uncle of Abraham, and not his father.[/b]

Prophet Muhammad's genealogy up to Adam is all pure men.

Prophet himself has said that the essence of his existence had been transmitted down the generations and ultimately conveyed to his immediate parents through a pure, holy, and sanctified progeny.

If Abraham's father was a bad guy then Prophet's saying is proved false.

" And when Abraham said to his [b]father[/b] Azar: Do you take idol for gods? Surely I see you and your people in manifest error." [ 6:74 ]

In the above verses, the word [b]'Ab'[/b] has been used for Azar.

However, [b]'Ab'[/b] has different meanings and does not necessarily mean [b]'Walid'[/b] (biological father).

The word [b]'Ab'[/b] in Arabic language may mean father, as well as ancestor, or even uncle, as Ishmael, the uncle of Jacob, has been addressed as [b]'Ab'[/b] in the following Quranic verse:

" Were you witnesses when death visited Jacob, when he said
to his sons : What will you serve after me ? They said: We
will serve your God and the God of your fathers, Abraham and Ishmael
and Isaaq, one God only, and to Him do we submit." [ 2:113 ]

Since Ishmael was not the father of Jacob, and yet Quran uses the word [b]'Ab'[/b] for him as uncle, then the usage of this word for other than biological father is established.

Besides, Abraham prays for his biological father Tarakh along with
the other believers, which clearly indicates that his biological father was
not a polytheist. This is evident from the following Quranic verse:

" O our Lord! Grant me protection and my parents (Walidayn) and the
believers on the day when the reckoning shall come to pass." [14:41]
The fact that Abraham's father was 'Tarakh' and not 'Azar' as stipulated by Muslim historians:

Ibn Kathir in his book on History writes:

Abraham was the son of Tarakh. When Tarakh was 75 years of
age, Abraham was born to him.

This is also confirmed by another historian, Tabari, as he gives the lineage of Abraham's family in his history collection, but then also in his Commentary of the Quran he states that 'Azar' was NOT the father of Ibrahim.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

[b]Muslim clerics have said that
Azar mentioned in Quran was an uncle of Abraham, and not his father.[/b]

Prophet Muhammad's genelology up to Adam is all pure men.

Prophet himself has said that the essence of his existence had been transmitted down the generations and ultimately conveyed to his immediate parents through a pure, holy, and sanctified progeny.

If Abraham's father was a bad guy then Prophet's saying is proved false.

" And when Abraham said to his [b]father[/b] Azar : Do you take idol for
gods ? Surely I see you and your people in manifest error." [ 6:74 ][/b]

In the above verses, the word [b]'Ab'[/b] has been used for Azar. However, [b]'Ab'[/b] has different meanings and does not necessarily mean [b]'Walid'[/b] (biological
father).

The word [b]'Ab'[/b] in Arabic language may mean father, as well as ancestor, or even uncle, as Ishmael, the uncle of Jacob, has been
addressed as [b]'Ab'[/b] in the following Quranic verse:

" Were you witnesses when death visited Jacob, when he said
to his sons : What will you serve after me ? They said: We
will serve your God and the God of your fathers, Abraham and Ishmael
and Isaaq, one God only, and to Him do we submit." [ 2:113 ]

Since Ishmael was not the father of Jacob, and yet Quran uses the word [b]'Ab'[/b] for him as uncle, then the usage of this word for other than biological father is established.

Besides, Abraham prays for his biological father Tarakh along with
the other believers, which clearly indicates that his biological father was
not a polytheist. This is evident from the following Quranic verse:

" O our Lord! Grant me protection and my parents (Walidayn) and the
believers on the day when the reckoning shall come to pass." [14:41]
The fact that Abraham's father was 'Tarakh' and not 'Azar' as stipulated by Muslim historians:

Ibn Kathir in his book on History writes:

Abraham was the son of Tarakh. When Tarakh was 75 years of
age, Abraham was born to him.

This is also confirmed by another historian, Tabari, as he gives the lineage of Abraham's family in his history collection, but then also in his Commentary of the Quran he states that 'Azar' was NOT the father of Ibrahim.

Omrow

what you say makes sense, very interesting and there is no doubt lineage of Holy Prophet (SAW) is pure, I'll have to look into that.

btw where did you get the above info?

thanks

Salam

"Constantine" wrote:

I didn't mean to insult you Constantine.

Just as you don't accept the Quran an authentic word of God, muslims also do not take Bible as their authority.

Nothing to get upset about.

Also, you can't deny that Bible does indeed make pious figures appear drunk.

Omrow

I have never heard this story that it was the uncle and not the father of Sayyidina Ibraheem alayhis salaam.

I will ask, but sounds like shia fabrication to me.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
I have never heard this story that it was the uncle and not the father of Sayyidina Ibraheem alayhis salaam.

I will ask, but sounds like shia fabrication to me.

The Qur'an i've got was printed in Saudi Arabia - so it's def. Sunni, and it has all these excellent footnotes, both the English translation and the footnotes are quite emphatic that 'Azar was the father of Ibrahim.

There are two explanations.

one that he was uncle, and another he was father. Both go into linguistics.

To me it don't really matter. There is nothing I can learn from that debate.

However my personal conviction is that he was the uncle, but it really does not matter. (follow up question question: why was the uncle idolatrous? is that even a word?)

At the end of the day, both a close.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

however, i think the [b]majority[/b] of mainstream scholars agree that he was the father of Ibrahim (a.s.).

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Salam

Quran does not categorically say who was father of Abraham.

Ibn Kathir is a top cleric who wrote many books.

He says Azar was uncle of Abraham.

He gave his reasons listed above.

You can take it or leave it.

Its a free country.

Omrow

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

however, i think the [b]majority[/b] of mainstream scholars agree that he was the father of Ibrahim (a.s.).

I got that impression.

Honestly what kind of linguistic glitch results in confusing a mans father for his uncle? You say the Qur'an hasn't changed since it was written... why not simply read what the word says and tell us?

deleted

Learn To Love The People Who Are Willing To Love You At Present. Forget The People In The Past & Thank Them For Hurting You, Which Lead You To Love The People You Have Right Now..

Salaam

I never used to be close to my dad…I’ve become closer to him during the last few years. (I have always been very tight with mum).

Dad is incredibly protective of me. I’ve joined up with an teaching agency which means that they call me up at 7.00am in the morning and tell me to be at some school in London at 8.30am and within an hour I need to get ready (which takes me 30min)…find out the bus route on the internet and be on time in the school…and I’m never at my brightest early in the morning and I’m not good with directions either- I don’t know London that well…also my agency cuts pay or can kick me off system if I’m late.

Every morning dad gets up whenever he hears the phone rings and drops me at the school-regardless of where it is in London…then he comes all the way home to get ready for work and on most days he’s really late cos of me….he’s also often parked outside my work place in the evening… which means that he has to cut work early.

And this is only because he don’t like me being alone in bus stops early in the morning nor does he like me travelling on buses on my own in the dark…he’s always convinced that something is going to happen to his “naïve, gullible daughter” ….

His behaviour used to infuriate me as a teenager…. it used to make me so angry that I couldn’t be out late in the evening….I used to think that it was cos lack of trust…but dad thinks the world of all his kids and we’ve never given him a reason to doubt us…he’s just incredibly, protective and a bit too crazy in love with his kids… now I’ve began to appreciate him. I think many people begin to appreciate their parents later on in life…

Respect of parents is Fard on us....however, its a lot easier to respect the one you love.

Wasalaam

i like ur dad Sad

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Salaam

I never used to be close to my dad…I’ve become closer to him during the last few years. (I have always been very tight with mum).

Dad is incredibly protective of me. I’ve joined up with an teaching agency which means that they call me up at 7.00am in the morning and tell me to be at some school in London at 8.30am and within an hour I need to get ready (which takes me 30min)…find out the bus route on the internet and be on time in the school…and I’m never at my brightest early in the morning and I’m not good with directions either- I don’t know London that well…also my agency cuts pay or can kick me off system if I’m late.

Every morning dad gets up whenever he hears the phone rings and drops me at the school-regardless of where it is in London…then he comes all the way home to get ready for work and on most days he’s really late cos of me….he’s also often parked outside my work place in the evening… which means that he has to cut work early.

And this is only because he don’t like me being alone in bus stops early in the morning nor does he like me travelling on buses on my own in the dark…he’s always convinced that something is going to happen to his “naïve, gullible daughter” ….

His behaviour used to infuriate me as a teenager…. it used to make me so angry that I couldn’t be out late in the evening….I used to think that it was cos lack of trust…but dad thinks the world of all his kids and we’ve never given him a reason to doubt us…he’s just incredibly, protective and a bit too crazy in love with his kids… now I’ve began to appreciate him. I think many people begin to appreciate their parents later on in life…

Respect of parents is Fard on us....however, its a lot easier to respect the one you love.

Wasalaam

My dad used to be exactly the same, none of us drove and my dad used to drop me off to uni if i was late, used to take my older sister to work everyday and then pick all of us up regardless of what else he had to do! My dad also thought the world of us, in total we are five sisters and one brother.
Ive always appreciated it but when all that finishes and the person u love the most in the whole world goes to that beautiful place where u know they are never gona come back thats when you miss it and would do anything to relive those few precious moments!!!

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Salaam

Wasalaam

Yeh my dad is like that, he always picks me up from work at 9pm but he's always there 5-10min b4 even when he knows i cant come out early. Also in ramadan he didnt used to read taravee's in the mosque cuz of pickin me from work :oops: but then sis took over and she comes to get me some times. Most gals in my work place (asians) are like i dont like my dad comin and getin me i aint a kid but i really understand where my dad is coming from and i am more than happy for dad to come and get me, who wants to wait in the freezin weather for a bus at 9pm!! :shock:

My dad also bought my sis a car just cuz she used to get bak from uni very late and he didnt like her waitin for the bus on her own lol

"flower" wrote:

My dad used to be exactly the same, none of us drove and my dad used to drop me off to uni if i was late, used to take my older sister to work everyday and then pick all of us up regardless of what else he had to do! My dad also thought the world of us, in total we are five sisters and one brother.
Ive always appreciated it but when all that finishes and the person u love the most in the whole world goes to that beautiful place where u know they are never gona come back thats when you miss it and would do anything to relive those few precious moments!!!

He sounded like an amazin father, my Allah (swt) grand him reward for being such a brillaint father and may he be restin in peace, ameen.

"angel" wrote:

Yeh my dad is like that, he always picks me up from work at 9pm but he's always there 5-10min b4 even when he knows i cant come out early. Also in ramadan he didnt used to read taravee's in the mosque cuz of pickin me from work but then sis took over and she comes to get me some times. Most gals in my work place (asians) are like i dont like my dad comin and getin me i aint a kid but i really understand where my dad is coming from and i am more than happy for dad to come and get me, who wants to wait in the freezin weather for a bus at 9pm!!

lol

Lol..My dad also used to miss in Tarwawih on the nights that I was in Uni late...and he too often waits outside 5/10 min before I'm due out.

As a teenager I did have an issue with this...it just wasnt "cool" to have your dad pick you up....but now like you said, I rather have him get me then wait in the dark in this whether...

He also makes me laugh when he drives like a madman to get me in work at time...its like a mission to him.

"flower" wrote:

Yeah bless him, he used to drop me off to work and interviews as well. Like my other uncle who took me too a interview which was 2 hours drive away and he sat in the car park waited for me for 2 hours and then drop me off home and this was in between a nightshift as well, which if you done, will appreciate how hard it is. Honestly they ain't going to make father like the one we have now again, i seen today generation are so lazy in doing that little extra for a person, which is a pity.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

[quote="yuit Honestly they ain't going to make father like the one we have now again, i seen today generation are so lazy in doing that little extra for a person, which is a pity.[/quote]

yeah i agree, i also think that nowaday generation are lazy full stop! I mean back in the days our parents got married at a reasonable age and therefore had children at a fairly young age and therefore could enjoy seeing their children grow up!

Nowadays people are in their mid twenties, late twenties and sum even in their early thirties and still dont wana get married, when they eventually do get married and have children there is gona be a large age gap between the child and its parents!! (esp considering that you get sum 11yr old mums who will bein their mid twenties when their child turns a teenager :shock: )

I don't think age gap is that much of an issue...mum had me in her early 20's (I'm the eldest) and she had my youngest sister when she was almost 40...

Mum is very close to my youngest sister and spends a lot of time with her cos she needs more help now...and cos of this reason my 7year old sister is very mature for her age.

But its true that people are delaying motherhood...this raises health issues.

Pages