Women and Islam

182 posts / 0 new
Last post

salaam
people i understand that poor judda can be a pain sumtimes however is it not our duty to guide him on the right path after all it written in the Quran in
Surah Ar- Room Ayah 47 "to help the believers is incumbent upon us"

and we can only help judda by telling him he is wrong then correcting him but in the nice way. also think about wat u say judda it can be offensive and i admit i am in no position to sit here and lecture anyone oops however i belive if we kick him out he will not learn anything at all, at least this way does get a view on the right and wrong

i pray to ALLAH PAK may he guide us all on the straight path. Ameen

wa/salaam

"Saadia Khan" wrote:
salaam
people i understand that poor judda can be a pain sumtimes however is it not our duty to guide him on the right path after all it written in the Quran in
Surah Ar- Room Ayah 47 "to help the believers is incumbent upon us"

and we can only help judda by telling him he is wrong then correcting him but in the nice way. also think about wat u say judda it can be offensive and i admit i am in no position to sit here and lecture anyone :oops: however i belive if we kick him out he will not learn anything at all, at least this way does get a view on the right and wrong

i pray to ALLAH PAK may he guide us all on the straight path. Ameen

wa/salaam

The mods on this forum have been really tolerant of him but he has been very disrespectful and i dont think he had the right to behave the way he did, and this forum has got a reputation to maintain if the mods let him post then ppl vistin this forum would have been put-off by him, duno if you saw but some of the threads he created were pointless and shameful...anyway i think he's been bannned, he's history.

NOT SO FAST ANGEL!

I only wanted to know the women rights in Islam thats all....

The woman's testimony. is equal only to half of the man's testimony right?

[ 2:282] O you who believe, when you transact a loan for any period, you shall write it down. An impartial scribe shall do the writing. ........ Two men shall serve as witnesses; if not two men, then a man and two women whose testimony is acceptable to all. Thus, if one woman becomes biased, the other will remind her. It is the obligation of the witnesses to testify when called upon to do so. ......

or is i misinterprating the koran again? :?

Ed explain please mate....

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Judda" wrote:
NOT SO FAST ANGEL!

I only wanted to know the women rights in Islam thats all....

The woman's testimony. is equal only to half of the man's testimony right?

[ 2:282] O you who believe, when you transact a loan for any period, you shall write it down. An impartial scribe shall do the writing. ........ Two men shall serve as witnesses; if not two men, then a man and two women whose testimony is acceptable to all. Thus, if one woman becomes biased, the other will remind her. It is the obligation of the witnesses to testify when called upon to do so. ......

or is i misinterprating the koran again? :?

Ed explain please mate....

a detailed answer here:

the article said this:

[i]some scholars are of the opinion that the feminine attitude can also have an effect on the witness in a murder case. In such circumstances a woman is more terrified as compared to a man. Due to her emotional condition she can get confused. Therefore, according to some jurists, even in cases of murder, two female witnesses are equivalent to one male witness[/i]

to be honest that sounds steriotypical....

"Judda" wrote:
the article said this:

[i]some scholars are of the opinion that the feminine attitude can also have an effect on the witness in a murder case. In such circumstances a woman is more terrified as compared to a man. Due to her emotional condition she can get confused. Therefore, according to some jurists, even in cases of murder, two female witnesses are equivalent to one male witness[/i]

to be honest that sounds steriotypical....

the point to remember is this:
2 witnesses are asked , not because 1 is not good enough BUT because so 1 can help the other, give her confidence, support.....this is an advantage that men dont have....

okay...

if a couple divorce who gets the kids?

who has more rights to keep the kids in that case?

the mother or the father?

"Seraph" wrote:
Judda wat u knw is simply a less than a drop of water compared to an entre Ocean.

How can u have acousin whose a jew? i thought u had to be born jewish to be a jew... which would suggest his parents were jews and since your related that would in essence mean you were born jewish.

have u ever heard of "conversion" dumbo....

my brother was a whabi, then a grave worshipper, and now a khalifte...

honestly ur stupidity amazaz me...

thanx salaf :o

"Judda" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:
Judda wat u knw is simply a less than a drop of water compared to an entre Ocean.

How can u have acousin whose a jew? i thought u had to be born jewish to be a jew... which would suggest his parents were jews and since your related that would in essence mean you were born jewish.

Once again not paying attention young padawan learner.

If you look at my post above I-m so happy you'll find i said inorder to be Jewish you have to be 'born' jewish... you cant convert into it im afriad.

It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe grasshopper.

Back in BLACK

Salam

"Judda" wrote:
So guys will you tell me how many rights you Orthodox Muslims give ya women…]

Lets just say more than any other society on Earth.

Omrow

"Seraph" wrote:
"Judda" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

Once again not paying attention young padawan learner.

If you look at my post above I-m so happy you'll find i said inorder to be Jewish you have to be 'born' jewish... you cant convert into it im afriad.

nah not all jews :roll:

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
There are TWO Primary sources of Islam- QURAN AND AND SUNNAH
Two secondary sources: Ijma and Qiyas.

i have never heard of Ijma and Qiyas, what are they?

If you reject Sunnah , you reject Islam.

but if u reject the koran u don't reject islam...gottya

[b]EDIT BY ADMIN[/b]

Don't be opaque. You have to accept both the quran and sunnah.

okay.... so u gonna tell me what Ijma and Qiyas are?

Salam

Ijma means democracy, and Qiyas means scientific reasoning.

Ijma and Qiyas have nothing to do with women. However, I cant say the same for pajama and kiosk.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

Ijma means democracy, and Qiyas means scientific reasoning.

They have nothing to do with women.

Omrow

yea :roll:

but whats that gotta do with secondry source of islamic knowledge?

"Omrow" wrote:
i have updated my post.

can you please up date your quote too. thanks

i can't be bothered to omrow

That was not nice Jedda. It was a pm.

i is so bothered :roll:

[b]why would a husband ever beat his wife?
does islam allow wife beating?
can a man beat his wife at all?
does the quran not allow a man to hit his wife?
did the prophet ever beat any of his wifes?[/b]

[b]A BIG FAT NO[/b]

AAAAH!!!

i've been assigned the task of delivering a presentation on "Women in Islam" to non-muslims working in the public and private sector as part of a nationwide project. (it'll b about 30 ppl from the fire service/primary care trust/nurseries etc etc.)

but i found out TODAY!!! and i'm doing it TOMORROW!!! talk about short notice!!! thank God they had the option of a pre-prepared Powerpoint presentation (which STILL hasnt been emailed to me :() as i hav no time to prepare one myself.

this is the first time i'm actually doing public-speaking... so can ppl giv me tips on how to keep my nerve?? :oops:

Muslimsis uv done this typa thing b4 right...

girls r there any points which u think are particularly important for me to address... and Dave, as a non-Muslim wot tips cud u give (i found ur comments on the niqab thread useful i.e. tht its not good to portray hijab as a reactionary thing...)

i'd b grateful for ur feedback ppl.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

my sister once gave a talk about "woman and Islam" to a large group of nonMuslims

when's it due? I'll get her to PM u

what time is it due 2moro?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
my sister once gave a talk about "woman and Islam" to a large group of nonMuslims

when's it due? I'll get her to PM u

what time is it due 2moro?

1-3.

i'm doing a presentation as opposed to a talk -how cud ur sis hack tht? but i'm sure her info wud b useful, jazakillah khair.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

On sky news tonight (8-9pm slot with Rubin), they were shoiwing some muslims in Germany,

Over there they have almost closed the mosques to non-muslims!

And then when they won the equal right of teaching Islam in schools, they screwed it up!

The groups took the subject matter from the school head. Then they barred the headteacher attending to see what was happening.

The headteacher went in one day under the fals premise that a window was broken

She was rightfully shocked. The boys were sat at their desks. The girls on the side wth just chairs. when confronted, the teacher went 'girls do not need to study'!!!!!!

No wonder some people hate muslims.

At a minimum for teaching, the teacher MUST be:
1. Qualified.
2. Have a syllabus open to scrutiny.
3. Actually know about Islam.
4. Allow non-muslims to attend aswell.

By not followin the above rules, he Islamic organisation ruined 20 years of work through the courts to allow the teching of Islam!

However, the gov, instead of fixing the problem (ask scholars for their views on the matters, and publicise their responses), just is not actively playing its part.

Let us pray that that school was a one off school, and that they fix the broken system.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

lol well as for the speaking part... unfortunately the most important things are practice and confidence - both of which take time, and in the case of the latter experience.

Get in as much practice as possible - and if you really feel uncomfortable just type out the entire speech and basically read it to them - you will probably feel more comfortable that way.

Don't try to outline it and extempt the rest if you've never done it before.

As for issues you can definitely bring up the stuff from the Niqab thread - but also address the concerns of nonmuslims that women are forced into this. And don't try to deny in certain instances it's been unjust (like the taliban for instance) in an effort to make the idea of it more appealing. Although certainly explain the importance of it in Shariah law.

You might also want to talk about why it's important to muslims in France - and you might want to get into the traditional "feminist" origins of it.

I'm guessing those will be the big issues on non-muslims minds "1. boy they look spooky in those black costumes - and I hate how some are so self righteous about it; 2. I hear women basically just slaves to men; 3. why ican't muslims "adapt" to higher western standards towards women?"

As a general note both about speaking and your upcoming presentation - never forget your audience. lol definitely avoid any kind of language that suggest "the west" treats girls badly, or that muslims look down at westerners.

You don't want to stress differences, but rather different perspectives.

Also islam has a lot of strengths with respect to women's rights definitely bring them up (voting rights property righte et cetera)

Finally remember that some things might just sound too strange and foreign to your audience - allow them to ask their questions and if the topic is too sensitive just give short polite responses, don't try to "change them"

If you get an idiot who just wants to mess around there is nothing you can do to convince such people - in those circumstances you are trying to convince everybody else that you are standing on higher moral ground than them.

She just came back frm Uni a while ago-she's gonna eat and do the dishes(cos I aint doing them :twisted: )

she also did a presentation

.she told me she'll PM u before ten in the morning

that aint too late is it?

Aasiyah, what is your pres about exactly?

Is it about how public sector workers should treat Muslim women?

"Constantine" wrote:

I'm guessing those will be the big issues on non-muslims minds "1. boy they look spooky in those black costumes - and I hate how some are so self righteous about it; 2. I hear women are forced to and it's a sign of their husbands ownership; 3. why is it such a big deal to them anyway?"

YES

and answer all misconceptions

like..."what do u think when u see a women in black from head to toe"

Is she oppressd? Is she getting beats frm her husband? Is she unhappy and restricted? Is her job only to cook, clean and etc etc etc "

Cant she work? can she get an education? is she allowed to drive?

(play on all the sterotypical misconceptions)

and basically talk about ALL the things Muslim woman CAN do

and the rights given by Islam

and the way women were treated before Islam

trust me girl-there'd be BARE questions

my sis was askied "why cant u lead prayer"

can u choose the guy u want to marry

do u ever miss out on doing stuff that everyone around u is doing

can u go swimming

etc

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
can u go swimming

....can you go swimming?